Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 08-28-12: Cardinals (71-57) at Pirates (68-60)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 pm 

Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:
Please put your stat book down for just a millisecond and open your eyes. If you can't see the weight Tabata has put on then you may need to see the eye doctor.

RoxyChar wrote:
Barry, I know that Tabata is your guy but come on. If you can't see that he is in much worse physical shape than before then I don't know what to tell you. He is clearly slower and looks much worse. Not even a matter of opinion. He's just out of shape.

No, that is a matter of opinion. You two stating that Tabata is out of shape is merely your collective opinion. When called upon to produce some evidence as to whether Tabata is out of shape, neither of you have done so. All you have done is pull this "open your eyes" nonsense and expect us to take it upon faith that you are being objective in your judgments. Sorry, but I remember when the same claim was rendered against Alvarez last year, and the claim rang false. Unless you can produce some evidence as to the shape Tabata is in this year compared to the shape he was in last year (i.e., photographs, evidence of weight gain, etc.), no amount of harping on the subject is going to be convincing.

Bottom line is he is fatter. His ass if fatter than it was, he has a belly, and he is overall heavier. Sorry they don't list that somewhere like a weigh in for each game but he is fatter. When he came chugging around third last night it was blatantly apparent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:23 pm 

Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:
Please put your stat book down for just a millisecond and open your eyes. If you can't see the weight Tabata has put on then you may need to see the eye doctor.

RoxyChar wrote:
Barry, I know that Tabata is your guy but come on. If you can't see that he is in much worse physical shape than before then I don't know what to tell you. He is clearly slower and looks much worse. Not even a matter of opinion. He's just out of shape.

No, that is a matter of opinion. You two stating that Tabata is out of shape is merely your collective opinion. When called upon to produce some evidence as to whether Tabata is out of shape, neither of you have done so. All you have done is pull this "open your eyes" nonsense and expect us to take it upon faith that you are being objective in your judgments. Sorry, but I remember when the same claim was rendered against Alvarez last year, and the claim rang false. Unless you can produce some evidence as to the shape Tabata is in this year compared to the shape he was in last year (i.e., photographs, evidence of weight gain, etc.), no amount of harping on the subject is going to be convincing.

Ok Wilton...lets be an idiot about this. I'm sorry I didn't run to Pittsburgh with my set of scales and give Tabata a freakin' weigh in. If you can't see he put on weight and slowed down significantly then you are delusional. I will call a local psychiatric facility and see if they can give me some kind of statistic so I can quantify your delusion! Jeez!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 pm 

PirateParrot wrote:
Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:

RoxyChar wrote:

Ok Wilton...lets be an idiot about this. I'm sorry I didn't run to Pittsburgh with my set of scales and give Tabata a freakin' weigh in. If you can't see he put on weight and slowed down significantly then you are delusional. I will call a local psychiatric facility and see if they can give me some kind of statistic so I can quantify your delusion! Jeez!!!!

Yeah, I mean how could I really be sure that the prom queen from high school really gained weight when I saw her at the reunion a decade later.....I mean i didn't have official weights listed from high school till the reunion??? How about the big fat ass and gut and her moon face as evidence???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:57 pm 

PirateParrot wrote:
Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:

RoxyChar wrote:

Is it so hard to find photographs of Tabata to prove your contention?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:

RoxyChar wrote:

Bottom line is he is fatter. His ass if fatter than it was, he has a belly, and he is overall heavier. Sorry they don't list that somewhere like a weigh in for each game but he is fatter. When he came chugging around third last night it was blatantly apparent.

Again, that's your opinion. You do not hold a monopoly over the "bottom line", so please stop asserting your subjective observations as unassailable fact.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
No. Someone walking grabbed it first. On another note, when is Marte back? Tabata makes me want to puke.

Tabata is taking some ridiculous abuse.

Tabata has helped the Pirates since his return. He is hitting .286. OBP .375 and OPS .746. He has been on base 15 times in 9 games, with 3 doubles. He has scored 6 runs and driven in 1.

While Marte's HR are nice...in 23 games, he hit .253/.287/.708. He has 2 triples, 4 HR, 10 RBI, and has scored 8 runs.

Who would you rather have lead off?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:16 pm 

Animal wrote:
Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
No. Someone walking grabbed it first. On another note, when is Marte back? Tabata makes me want to puke.

Tabata has helped the Pirates since his return. He is hitting .286. OBP .375 and OPS .746. He has been on base 15 times in 9 games, with 3 doubles. He has scored 6 runs and driven in 1.

While Marte's HR are nice...in 23 games, he hit .253/.287/.708. He has 2 triples, 4 HR, 10 RBI, and has scored 8 runs.

Holy crap: that's two times I've agreed with Animal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:18 pm 

[/quote]

Talk about a short "what have you done for me lately" attitude...haha[/quote]

Yes, one day of showing up and playing makes up for showing up completely out of shape for the season, showing very poor effort, and still being out of shape.[/quote]

Why the hatred for Tabata?? He went to the minors and worked hard. Playing well here now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:21 pm 

Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
Mister Pittsburgh wrote:

Holy crap: that's two times I've agreed with Animal.

Is it time to worry yet??

You know what...I don't really give a crap about his weight...so long as he hustles, gets on base, and scores runs...and he has done all that better than Marte did, since his return.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Marte takes very strong, in-shape swings at breaking balls in the other batter's box.

I'm a big fan of Marte's but I'd rather have him behind Pedro than setting the table.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm 

SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Marte takes very strong, in-shape swings at breaking balls in the other batter's box.

I'm a big fan of Marte's but I'd rather have him behind Pedro than setting the table.

All the comparisons between Marte and Alfonso Soriano should counsel toward moving him down the order. Foot speed is not essential for a leadoff hitter. On-base skills are.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:35 pm 

As a collective group, does anyone really think that Hurdle would play him if he was "fat and out of shape"? I will not deny that he is bigger and has lost some of his speed. I will however contend that he is not "fat and out of shape"? He simply would not be playing. JMHO........ 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:55 pm 

Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:

How about you go waste your time finding pictures and tell me I'm wrong...don't bother, because I'm not. I don't think I'm always right, but this time it's obvious...just LOOK!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:55 pm 

PirateParrot wrote:
Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:

How about you go waste your time finding pictures and tell me I'm wrong...don't bother, because I'm not. I don't think I'm always right, but this time it's obvious...just LOOK!!!

I did look for pictures earlier and I'm not convinced he's any thicker than last year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:57 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
As a collective group, does anyone really think that Hurdle would play him if he was "fat and out of shape"? I will not deny that he is bigger and has lost some of his speed. I will however contend that he is not "fat and out of shape"? He simply would not be playing. JMHO........ 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

A. His contract

B. who else plays?

Look...they had seen enough and sent him down, so apparently they weren't happy with his play and effort.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:03 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:

I did look for pictures earlier and I'm not convinced he's any thicker than last year.

I just wasted my time too...go get your eyes checked.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:06 pm 

PirateParrot wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:

A. His contract

B. who else plays?

Look...they had seen enough and sent him down, so apparently they weren't happy with his play and effort.

Obviously. That's not an indication that he was out of shape, however. That's just an indication that he was playing bad baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:14 pm 

PirateParrot wrote:
Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:

How about you go waste your time finding pictures and tell me I'm wrong.

I'm not the one claiming that Tabata is fat and out of shape. You are.

PirateParrot wrote:
..don't bother, because I'm not. I don't think I'm always right, but this time it's obvious...just LOOK!!!

I'm sure you do think you're right. But thinking it doesn't make it so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:05 pm 

Willton wrote:
I'm sure you do think you're right. But thinking it doesn't make it so.

That's an ironic statement coming from you....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:12 pm 

Willton wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:

RoxyChar wrote:

I've suspected for some time that you are just a gimmick account. This confirms it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next