Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am
Posts: 1444
Location: Eastern Shore
I don't want to get too pessimistic, though this season is unfolding eerily like last year's. But I am not at all comforted by the strength of schedule of our remaining games. We just got swept by the Padres and beaten pretty soundly by Milwaukee. Slumps are a part of baseball, but losing, like winning, is contagious, and man o man have we caught the bug. At this point, going 1-2 vs the Cardinals would look like a moral victory.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:35 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 915
Clevelandsux wrote:
how about alvarez?


What about Alvarez?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:07 pm
Posts: 1592
Our remaining schedule might look favorable on paper, but remember.....we just got swept by the Padres.

This fold is mind boggling. Please make it stop. :cry:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
rellimie wrote:
Clevelandsux wrote:
how about alvarez?


What about Alvarez?

He sux!!!1!1!one1!one!!

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Naples, FL
Alvarez'z power seems to have left him and he's had some bad at-bats but he's singling .258 for the month and has been getting on base quite a bit in August. I'd like to see some more run production out of him, though.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:31 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5632
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Alvarez'z power seems to have left him and he's had some bad at-bats but he's singling .258 for the month and has been getting on base quite a bit in August. I'd like to see some more run production out of him, though.


Just FWIW:

Up until Sunday, he had a pretty good (for him) and even BB:K ratio at 8:8... then he K'd 2 or 3 times...

But still... :D

Nobody can disagree about the run production though.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:42 pm
Posts: 915
NSMaster56 wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Alvarez'z power seems to have left him and he's had some bad at-bats but he's singling .258 for the month and has been getting on base quite a bit in August. I'd like to see some more run production out of him, though.


Just FWIW:

Up until Sunday, he had a pretty good (for him) and even BB:K ratio at 8:8... then he K'd 2 or 3 times...

But still... :D

Nobody can disagree about the run production though.


I agree the power numbers aren't there but at least it's just a power slump. He's still hitting and getting on base. The power is going to be streaky but during the slump this is what we want him to do. Let's hope for a monster September, you never know.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2245
Location: Naples, FL
rellimie wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
Alvarez'z power seems to have left him and he's had some bad at-bats but he's singling .258 for the month and has been getting on base quite a bit in August. I'd like to see some more run production out of him, though.


Just FWIW:

Up until Sunday, he had a pretty good (for him) and even BB:K ratio at 8:8... then he K'd 2 or 3 times...

But still... :D

Nobody can disagree about the run production though.


I agree the power numbers aren't there but at least it's just a power slump. He's still hitting and getting on base. The power is going to be streaky but during the slump this is what we want him to do. Let's hope for a monster September, you never know.



Hope tonight was a start.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: .500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:06 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: A Pond or Lake Near You
I must've missed the part where we all expected Alvarez to hit .250 with 30+ home runs for the year, and become a gold glover.

Not sure I get the Alvarez hate from some members. He's about playing at my expectation level, and I'm not just saying that because of his monster night last night.

See: Players, Streaky. He didn't invent the phenomenon.

_________________
Kevin
Sensorcon


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits