Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1469
I had never really noticed the song played at the end of the Pirate games before, having only been in PNC Park three times through 2010, but have noticed it this year since Direct Tv is gving you more of the post game than they used to do, often literally cutting the feed immediately after the last out.

Asked the Judge about it when I was home and he was rather dismissive of it. I did some research and found that it was introduced with PNC Park 11 years ago, and so I can see why a lot of you fans may have a Pavlovian negative response to it. I mean yeah it would be tought to get pysched up upon hearing it played after Ty Wigginton drove in Derek Bell and Lastings Milledge to snap a nine game losing streak and getting Matt Morris the win, that only moved the Bucs to 25 games out of first place, so yeah I can see the Judge's reaction.

Having looked at it and listened to it, I can admit that its a bit cheesy, and musically it does sound like the B-side of "Stacy's Mom" (Grandpa, what's a B-side?), but the lyrics do have heart, and as opposed to hearing Slipknot at jet engine decibals when Hammer takes the mound, I would much rather go with the former. Personally I would rather go down on Roseanne Barr after she had been in a sauna for two hours than listen to ten seconds of Slipknot, but oh well.


As a team/fan song, its not bad. I can't wait to hear 39.000 people roaring "Let's Go Bucs" when Hanrahan nails us down a playoff spot or Cutch hits a grand slam in the playoffs. It sure as hell beats, going "BAAAAA BAAAA BAAAA" to Sweet Caroline like they do in Boston, so I like the song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4761
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
I absolutely love the song! I get the cheesiness of the song, it's supposed to be. It has a place. I also appreciate the Slipknot song for Hammer, that has a place too.

Does anyone know where I can download the "Let's Go Bucs" song?

_________________
North Dakota State Bison (0-0) at Iowa State Cyclones (0-0)
Jack Trice Stadium
August 30, 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 am
Posts: 723
Location: The Hinterlands of Northwestern PA
The song's called "A New Pirate Generation". I'm using my phone and can't provide a link, but if you Google it, there'll be a MySpace page you can download it from.

_________________
Judge Landis
Chairman, UPPMB Pink Polo Shirt Brigade
President, Lacee Collins Fan Club


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 pm 
Online
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm
Posts: 833
Location: Rochester, New York
Corsair wrote:
I had never really noticed the song played at the end of the Pirate games before, having only been in PNC Park three times through 2010, but have noticed it this year since Direct Tv is gving you more of the post game than they used to do, often literally cutting the feed immediately after the last out.

Asked the Judge about it when I was home and he was rather dismissive of it. I did some research and found that it was introduced with PNC Park 11 years ago, and so I can see why a lot of you fans may have a Pavlovian negative response to it. I mean yeah it would be tought to get pysched up upon hearing it played after Ty Wigginton drove in Derek Bell and Lastings Milledge to snap a nine game losing streak and getting Matt Morris the win, that only moved the Bucs to 25 games out of first place, so yeah I can see the Judge's reaction.

Having looked at it and listened to it, I can admit that its a bit cheesy, and musically it does sound like the B-side of "Stacy's Mom" (Grandpa, what's a B-side?), but the lyrics do have heart, and as opposed to hearing Slipknot at jet engine decibals when Hammer takes the mound, I would much rather go with the former.

As a team/fan song, its not bad. I can't wait to hear 39.000 people roaring "Let's Go Bucs" when Hanrahan nails us down a playoff spot or Cutch hits a grand slam in the playoffs. It sure as hell beats, going "BAAAAA BAAAA BAAAA" to Sweet Caroline like they do in Boston, so I like the song.


Not a big fan of the song. Sweet Caroline has a sort of unifying power among the Boston fans and I don't think that the "Let's Go Bucs" song has that ability. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I would prefer a well timed "Let's Go Bucs!" chant to that song. Sort of like the "Here we go Steelers, here we go!" chant.

Corsair wrote:
Personally I would rather go down on Roseanne Barr after she had been in a sauna for two hours than listen to ten seconds of Slipknot, but oh well.


That's quite the visual.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:11 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6160
JollyRoger wrote:
Corsair wrote:
Personally I would rather go down on Roseanne Barr after she had been in a sauna for two hours than listen to ten seconds of Slipknot, but oh well.


JollyRoger wrote:
That's quite the visual.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, the Roseanne Barr roast on Comedy Central is hilarious if you have a bend toward the bizarre..Even Tom Arnold makes an appearance..... 8-) 8-) 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1469
JollyRoger wrote:
Corsair wrote:
Corsair wrote:
Personally I would rather go down on Roseanne Barr after she had been in a sauna for two hours than listen to ten seconds of Slipknot, but oh well.


That's quite the visual.




Guys, my original metaphor was even worse. It was uh.......in the same neighborhood.......so to speak...... ;)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5358
What a terrific bump.

That OP is one of the best I've ever seen; such an engaging prose with so many classic lines!

How did I miss this the first time around?

Having just YouTube'd the song, the verdict:

Song/music: C+/B-
Lyrics: B
Vocals: D

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:17 pm 
Online
 Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm
Posts: 2220
Location: Tejas
I have it on my iPod and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

_________________
Moneyball Saves.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bucco boy, Chris76, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], JollyRoger, StarlingArcher and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits