Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:16 pm 

I had never really noticed the song played at the end of the Pirate games before, having only been in PNC Park three times through 2010, but have noticed it this year since Direct Tv is gving you more of the post game than they used to do, often literally cutting the feed immediately after the last out.

Asked the Judge about it when I was home and he was rather dismissive of it. I did some research and found that it was introduced with PNC Park 11 years ago, and so I can see why a lot of you fans may have a Pavlovian negative response to it. I mean yeah it would be tought to get pysched up upon hearing it played after Ty Wigginton drove in Derek Bell and Lastings Milledge to snap a nine game losing streak and getting Matt Morris the win, that only moved the Bucs to 25 games out of first place, so yeah I can see the Judge's reaction.

Having looked at it and listened to it, I can admit that its a bit cheesy, and musically it does sound like the B-side of "Stacy's Mom" (Grandpa, what's a B-side?), but the lyrics do have heart, and as opposed to hearing Slipknot at jet engine decibals when Hammer takes the mound, I would much rather go with the former. Personally I would rather go down on Roseanne Barr after she had been in a sauna for two hours than listen to ten seconds of Slipknot, but oh well.

As a team/fan song, its not bad. I can't wait to hear 39.000 people roaring "Let's Go Bucs" when Hanrahan nails us down a playoff spot or Cutch hits a grand slam in the playoffs. It sure as hell beats, going "BAAAAA BAAAA BAAAA" to Sweet Caroline like they do in Boston, so I like the song.

Post subject: Re: Speaking of music....The "Let's Go Bucs Song"
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:53 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I absolutely love the song! I get the cheesiness of the song, it's supposed to be. It has a place. I also appreciate the Slipknot song for Hammer, that has a place too.

Does anyone know where I can download the "Let's Go Bucs" song?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:01 pm 

The song's called "A New Pirate Generation". I'm using my phone and can't provide a link, but if you Google it, there'll be a MySpace page you can download it from.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 pm 

Corsair wrote:
I had never really noticed the song played at the end of the Pirate games before, having only been in PNC Park three times through 2010, but have noticed it this year since Direct Tv is gving you more of the post game than they used to do, often literally cutting the feed immediately after the last out.

Asked the Judge about it when I was home and he was rather dismissive of it. I did some research and found that it was introduced with PNC Park 11 years ago, and so I can see why a lot of you fans may have a Pavlovian negative response to it. I mean yeah it would be tought to get pysched up upon hearing it played after Ty Wigginton drove in Derek Bell and Lastings Milledge to snap a nine game losing streak and getting Matt Morris the win, that only moved the Bucs to 25 games out of first place, so yeah I can see the Judge's reaction.

Having looked at it and listened to it, I can admit that its a bit cheesy, and musically it does sound like the B-side of "Stacy's Mom" (Grandpa, what's a B-side?), but the lyrics do have heart, and as opposed to hearing Slipknot at jet engine decibals when Hammer takes the mound, I would much rather go with the former.

As a team/fan song, its not bad. I can't wait to hear 39.000 people roaring "Let's Go Bucs" when Hanrahan nails us down a playoff spot or Cutch hits a grand slam in the playoffs. It sure as hell beats, going "BAAAAA BAAAA BAAAA" to Sweet Caroline like they do in Boston, so I like the song.

Not a big fan of the song. Sweet Caroline has a sort of unifying power among the Boston fans and I don't think that the "Let's Go Bucs" song has that ability. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I would prefer a well timed "Let's Go Bucs!" chant to that song. Sort of like the "Here we go Steelers, here we go!" chant.

Corsair wrote:
Personally I would rather go down on Roseanne Barr after she had been in a sauna for two hours than listen to ten seconds of Slipknot, but oh well.

That's quite the visual.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:11 pm 

JollyRoger wrote:
Corsair wrote:
Personally I would rather go down on Roseanne Barr after she had been in a sauna for two hours than listen to ten seconds of Slipknot, but oh well.

JollyRoger wrote:
That's quite the visual.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, the Roseanne Barr roast on Comedy Central is hilarious if you have a bend toward the bizarre..Even Tom Arnold makes an appearance..... 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 pm 

JollyRoger wrote:
Corsair wrote:
Corsair wrote:

That's quite the visual.

Guys, my original metaphor was even worse. It was uh.......in the same neighborhood.......so to speak...... ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 pm 

What a terrific bump.

That OP is one of the best I've ever seen; such an engaging prose with so many classic lines!

How did I miss this the first time around?

Having just YouTube'd the song, the verdict:

Song/music: C+/B-
Lyrics: B
Vocals: D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:17 pm 

I have it on my iPod and I'm not ashamed to admit it.