Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Revisiting Old Issues: Jair Jurrjens and Jack Wilson
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:51 pm 

BBF wrote:
For the record, I don't care if anyone talks about my girlfriend or my wife. As long as you aren't talking about my girlfriend TO my wife! :lol:

Rim Shot!!!

Attachments:
Rim%20Shot%20Johnny%20Utah.jpg
Rim%20Shot%20Johnny%20Utah.jpg [ 67.75 KiB | Viewed 154 times ]

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:05 pm 
Willton wrote:
Elmer, let's have a look at what was actually said:
Willton wrote:
BBF wrote:
I'm done arguing with you. If you want to get your panties in a bunch because Munoz is pitching in the 5th inning down by 8 runs instead of Salas, fine. Its not as if we are passing up some hot prospect to take over some key role. This makes the infmous rearranging of deck chairs on the Titanic look quite important by comparison. But apparently NH nailed your wife, so everything he does is wrong.

Given the amount of nitpicking this guy does to his favorite team, can you imagine Elmer actually having a wife? I'm not sure there's a woman out there that can be as perfect as Elmer would like.

BBF's comment is clearly recognizing your apparent vendetta against Huntington and offers a facetious reason for your animosity toward him. My remark is clearly a remark on how upset you get at the littlest problem and how that may impair you in other areas. These are not comments about your wife/ex-wife/family member/what-have-you; these are comments solely about you based on what we've observed. If anything, the invoking of your wife/ex-wife is designed to illustrate a point, not to slam her.

Now, if you find that offensive, then I'm sorry. I meant no animosity towards your family members and had no idea that you were that sensitive to such issues. (As you may have guessed, I am not so sensitive.) But I don't think that you could possibly find it so offensive that you feel the need to bring this up again and again.

You still decided to play the wife card in a baseball discussion. Frame it how you want, but you brought the topic of wives into a baseball discussion. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who thinks that's an appropriate thing to do.

But, as I stated earlier, this is not about that one comment. This is about the overarching "different rules for different people" that exists on the board. It's a curious pattern.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:52 pm 

Elmer wrote:
I can't imagine many posters saying, "go ahead, rip on my wife."

"Take my wife ... PLEASE!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:01 pm 

Quote:
I told my wife the truth. I told her I was seeing a psychiatrist. Then she told me the truth: that she was seeing a psychiatrist, two plumbers, and a bartender. - Rodney Dangerfield

Attachments:
rodneydangerfield.jpg
rodneydangerfield.jpg [ 11.02 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...