Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mienty's frustration
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:42 pm 

I just listened to Doug M's audio statement listed on the PG. He sounded depressed, frustrated, disheartened and hopeless. "Only three guys run out balls"...."Look at this place (locker room), it's a ghost town".... He sounded like a beaten guy, and most likely will want to get out of town, asap. And, I wouldn't blame him. For someone who has played on championship teams, and for someone who has pride in how he plays the game of baseball, playing with the current group of losers must be killing him. I know it's also killing the few fans who are left. NH and FC and RN need to put their heads together and figure out how to make this team more interesting or next year will see PNC a "ghost town" too.

Post subject: Re: Mienty's frustration
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:07 pm 

DocJeanO wrote:
NH and FC and RN need to put their heads together and figure out how to make this team more interesting or next year will see PNC a "ghost town" too.

More interesting? or better? Its not going to happen. They put their heads together and this is what you have. It looks like they screwed up their #1 pick too. Trainwrecks are interesting. Heck I'll buy a ticket next August or September if loss #82 will be at home. How interesting it will be to witness the all time yearly losing streak clinched in person. I wonder if they will have a ceremony after the game to recognize the historical occasion with a fireworks display.

Post subject: Re: Mienty's frustration
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:11 pm 

Bull,and maybe you can throw out the first pitch of the game after the record setting loss! Fireworks, yes! Dancing in the streets, yes!! Bob Nutting throwing dollar bills out of his box for the masses, yes! We will celebrate!!