Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Lord...
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:42 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I'm heading to Kansas City tomorrow to catch the Royals and Orioles. My fiance made the suggestion to go to the game (which threw me for a complete loop). I was pumped until I found out about her reasoning...David Cook from American Idol is singing the National Anthem and doing the 7th inning stretch. I shouldn't complain though. Beer and ballpark food is great no matter what teams are playing (and who is singing).

7:00 PM

Post subject: Re: Good Lord...
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:47 pm 

Royals have some really, really good young starters (Grienke, Hochevar, Bannister). They still have a talent gap to address in the position players but those young starters will make them good pretty soon.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:49 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Royals have some really, really good young starters (Grienke, Hochevar, Bannister). They still have a talent gap to address in the position players but those young starters will make them good pretty soon.

Don't forget their lights out closer Soria. Too bad they still can't score runs.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:53 pm 

Bucfan wrote:

I've heard this statement before...hmm...let me think...

[Dream sequence, circa 2007] Pirates have some really, really good young starters (Snell, Gorzo, Maholm/Duke). They still have a talent gap to address in the position players but those young starters will make them good pretty soon.

Don't forget their lights out closer Capps. Too bad they still can't score runs. [/dream]

Oh yes, I remember...

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:20 pm 

BBF: I don't think that there is a comparison between the Royals young starters and the Pirates'. Snell is probably the best starter on the Pirates. He would be no. 3 or 4 on the Royals.

Grienke is just nasty. Hochevar is going to be a dominant starter in short order. We hear about "number one starters" and "top of the rotation" guys - watch those two and you will know that that means.

I just don't think we can say the same about the Pirate starters.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
BBF: I don't think that there is a comparison between the Royals young starters and the Pirates'. Snell is probably the best starter on the Pirates. He would be no. 3 or 4 on the Royals.

Grienke is just nasty. Hochevar is going to be a dominant starter in short order. We hear about "number one starters" and "top of the rotation" guys - watch those two and you will know that that means.

I just don't think we can say the same about the Pirate starters.

Bucfan:

Yeah, I was saying that in jest. But yeah, Hochevar is definitely going to be dominant. Bannister's peripherals don't suggest he is as good as he has been, but he is definitely a middle of the rotation starter. And Grienke is actually getting to the point where he can probably be considered as "established".

But don't forget, we have a bunch of first round picks just waiting to join the rotation :x .