Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Small SI.com rant
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:46 pm 

It's the end of the day and I'm a tad crabby, but is it bothering anyone else that SI.com continues to show photos of the new Bucs with their old teams caps (Moss=Boston, LaRoche=LA, Ohlendorf=Yankees) while I noticed that Bay and Nady were immediately shown in their photos with their new team caps? I know it's a insignificant point, but it says something about how the media (SI.com) perceives and slights the Pirates! Now, I have to go and eat dinner.....maybe I'll be less touchy!!! :x

Post subject: Re: Small SI.com rant
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:36 pm 

Any perceived slight or blatant ridicule is earned until this franchise is a winner.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:52 pm 

Yeah, I know. But, you'd think someone from the Pirates would call SI.com on it! Don't the Pirates have media people who might do this type of thing? I dunno.....you're right!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:44 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Eric Bowser wrote:
Any perceived slight or blatant ridicule is earned until this franchise is a winner.

No, it is not.

SI is supposed to be a professional organization. This is bush league,and no team deserves it.

ZM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:47 am 

Agree ZM-- this is all about the Boston, Yankee thing which mistreats everyone else. It's pure lack of professionalism to use old pics of our new guys and fresh pics of their newbies.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:57 am 

Thanks, guys! I was really annoyed when I first noticed it, and I noticed it almost immdiately after the trades! You're right! It's not professional on the part of SI.com, and I wish someone from the Pirate organization would call SI on it! I would do it if I knew who to contact!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:02 am 

Oh for God's sake, it's a freakin' hat! Who cares?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:16 am 

Wil, I know what you're saying, but it's a sign of how the Pirates are treated, perhaps deservingly so, but bush league nevertheless!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:49 pm 

When the Pirates play the part of a professional organization, then maybe they can ask back into the dance.

Nothing against you Doc but comments like this remind me of Kevin McClatchy and his minions with their small market complex.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:13 am 

Small markets make for small minds..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:14 am 

Or, is it small minds make small markets??? :o :o :o

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:36 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Eric Bowser wrote:
When the Pirates play the part of a professional organization, then maybe they can ask back into the dance.

Nothing against you Doc but comments like this remind me of Kevin McClatchy and his minions with their small market complex.

Yes, of course its asking too much of a supposedly professional publication, who's whole purpose is to provide accurate information on professional sports, to get things like uniforms wrong.

And, of course, its always the Pirates fault for their lack of professionalism. Its gotta be. Its always the Pirates fault, for everything.

I bet we could have won completelin in Iraq in a year, if McClatchey didn't own the Pirates. Probably in 5 days, if DL wasn't the GM.

:roll:

ZM

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:06 pm 

I'm not a fan of the media's slant toward teams like the Red Sox, Yankees, or Cubs but seriously, who the heck is going to SI.com or some other website to look at a player's biography page for a Pittsburgh player in August or September that isn't already a Pirates fan. You think Irish Joe from Boston is going to ESPN to see what Craig Hansen looks like a Pirates hat?

Pirates can't even get quality media coverage in Pittsburgh unless you read DK's blog at the PG online. The Steelers get precedent in this town for good reason (ratings -though I hate it) and Penguins are the best team in the city with the best athlete in town (Crosby).