Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Young bucs next year predictions
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:22 pm 

moss just hit another homerun which got me to thinking about next year. I think moss should have a good one next year, he seems to have a good bit of power maybe bautista like but with consistency. You see sparks of good hitting from him, i think this will improve immensely next year as he should be completely adjusted to his new club. .270 16hr 65 rbi

andy laroche i have mixed feelings over. Being that apples dont far fall from trees, i think he is just suffering the same disease as big bro just in reverse. I recall people saying that he was playing pretty well for la before he got hurt. I think he just may be out of his timing groove. I am hoping that next year he will turn this around, start out strong and keep it going. I think the lack of playing time before the trade, and then the adjustment to playing everyday in pitt has him out of wack. There is also the possibility that he may just fizzle completely. say .240 12hr 44rbi worst case .260 14hr 60rbi best case

Mclouth i think is just suffering from fatigue, carrying an organization on your back your first year is rather difficult. He should be alright for a longer period next season, say .290 25hr 100 rbi

Karstens is another mystery, your guess is as good as mine, looked strong at first like duke, but may decline to a 4th or 5th rotation starter like duke. He does seem to show a good head for pitching and could learn from this a be a real consistent 2 or 3rd starter next year. The spring tryouts for the starting rotation will definitely be something to watch next year 12-9 4.10 era

Post subject: Re: Young bucs next year predictions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:23 pm 

I think NH is a bit of a "wheeler-dealer" and it wouldn't surprise me to see him make more moves over the winter. Jack may go, and he may try to sign some mid-level free agents. I'm not ready to give up on Adam. A trade for a young guy can be traumatic, although one would think he would enjoy playing with his brother. His thumb might still be bothering him, but he might not want to say anything, thinking people will say it's a lame excuse. I can see him coming around next year. Moss looks like a good young player, and I like him. I just hope the guys can play a little better in September to have something to build on.....and to give us fans some hope.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:02 am 
 WWW  Profile

I'm afraid 100 losses is looming...

November 29, 2014 11:00 AM
Fox Sports 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:44 pm 

Hmm.. we'd have to go worse than 6-20. I suppose it is possible..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:57 pm 

Yea Ollie you're right.

BUT if we go 13-13 the rest of the way we end up 70-92. What is that, three games better then last season. OK, who out there thinks we can go 500 the rest of this season?

No, more like last year 67-95 if we can win 10 of 26 remaining.

I know, I know, the record this year is not important but as I've indicated it is still tough to go through.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:47 pm 

The heart of the order could be:

3 McLouth
4 Andy LaRoche
5 Brandon Moss

All are capable of 23 to 30 home runs (LaRoche maybe more than that someday) and 80 to 100 RBI. Will they do it next year? Well, I guess that's why there are people in Las Vegas making money...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 pm 

jleisele58 wrote:
moss just hit another homerun which got me to thinking about next year. I think moss should have a good one next year, he seems to have a good bit of power maybe bautista like but with consistency. You see sparks of good hitting from him, i think this will improve immensely next year as he should be completely adjusted to his new club. .270 16hr 65 rbi

andy laroche i have mixed feelings over. Being that apples dont far fall from trees....

Yeah, like Joe and Frank Torre, Cal and Billy Ripken, Rick and Paul Reuschel, Barry and Steve Larkin, Greg and Mike Maddux, Eddie and Rich Murray, Graig & Jim Nettles, Larry & Robin Yount, etc, etc, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:52 am 

sisyphus wrote:
jleisele58 wrote:

andy laroche i have mixed feelings over. Being that apples dont far fall from trees....

Yeah, like Joe and Frank Torre, Cal and Billy Ripken, Rick and Paul Reuschel, Barry and Steve Larkin, Greg and Mike Maddux, Eddie and Rich Murray, Graig & Jim Nettles, Larry & Robin Yount, etc, etc, etc.

For more contemporary examples, see Pedro and Ramon Martinez, J.D. and Stephen Drew, Jeff and Jared Weaver, Jason and Jeremy Giambi, and Brian and Marcus Giles.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:15 am 

"I predict pain"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:24 pm 

Willton wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
jleisele58 wrote:

For more contemporary examples, see Pedro and Ramon Martinez, J.D. and Stephen Drew, Jeff and Jared Weaver, Jason and Jeremy Giambi, and Brian and Marcus Giles.

Alec, Daniel, Stephen and William Baldwin
Kate and Ashley Olson
Lloyd, Beau and Jeff Bridges
George HW, George W and Jeb Bush
Huey, Dewie and Louie Duck

The list goes on and on....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:40 pm 

The best are the Fine Bros.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 pm 

A New Bobblehead Promotion
Interviewer: What's your prediction for the Pirates & their fans?
Clubber Lang: My prediction?
Interviewer: Yes, your prediction.
[Clubber looks into camera]
Clubber Lang: Pain!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:30 pm 

Willton wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
jleisele58 wrote:

Crap, why don't you just come right out and call me an old fogey? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:52 am 

I predict crowds of 12,000 and more of the same.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:04 pm 
If nutting is true to his word and spends money to keep acquiring players and IF the young talent in place develops, next year's team could be decent. I think they'd be a year away from competing, but a year away from competing would be a winning record. All of that is contingent on some serious upgrades this offseason.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:10 pm 

i would like to see more pictures of mike tomlin playing omar epps playing mike tomlin.
"i am a professional playing a professional who is a professional, i eat that up by the pound"