Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bull....please respond
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:12 pm 

Don't forget about chiggers, Dan. I grew up in Missouri. Chiggers feasted on my legs. One can not go anywhere without getting eaten up. I was happy when I learned that Ohio doesn't have them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:23 pm 

Mario is known to be quite fond of parasitic arthropods.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:43 pm 

Argentum wrote:
bullishhitter wrote:
It explains alot about the emotions and how owners like Nutting are just in it for the money.

Again, let me know when the Rooney's sell below FMV.

When Rooney and Mario suck as long as the Pirates have, you'll have a point. I could care less if Rooney & Mario & Nutting make money. It is another when they give in return a shtt product year after year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:49 pm 

Steelers were a real powerhouse in the 50's and 60's weren't they?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:07 pm 

HebnerR wrote:
Why don't you sit back and let it take shape before you start saying how fine everything is.I remember The Pirates being rated as the no.1 farm system and Bonifay the GM of the year .These are only first steps.Many many more have to occur.

Likewise why don't YOU sit back and let it take shape before you start saying how jacked up everything is. Everybody already knows that the Pirates were run terribly in the past, and lest we forget, guys like you and BH remind us at every turn. Its old hat dude, everyone is tired of hearing about the past, there is nothing you can do about it. The only thing we can do is look to the future, and from what I'm seeing, its starting to look a little brighter every day.

Seems to me the Pirates WERE the laughing stock of baseball(caused by Littlefield), but now that is changing. With NH going up against Boras and winning, pulling off trades that netted us high quality in return, and making all players acountable for their lack of production. In a few more years The Pirates will be mentioned with the likes of Minnesota and Oakland, teams that maintain a similiar payroll and steady production from the minor leagues.

Damn guys, we don't live in NY, if you want to root for a team that spends 200Million a year and is still looking at the playoffs from the outside then... go root for the Yankmees..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:15 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Steelers were a real powerhouse in the 50's and 60's weren't they?

You should know better than to bother BH with facts. He'll figure out a way to spin them so he sounds smart.

Holy Crap.....I just realized that BH is Mark Madden.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:57 pm 

Hey Pirate fan 13 take your meds before you post.Who the hell said anything about rooting for The Yankees ??

You said just what I posted about.A couple good moves a few signings and you mention The Pirates with Oakland and Minnesota.I rest my case.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:47 am 

HebnerR wrote:
Hey Pirate fan 13 take your meds before you post.Who the hell said anything about rooting for The Yankees ??

You said just what I posted about.A couple good moves a few signings and you mention The Pirates with Oakland and Minnesota.I rest my case.

What do you mean??? I don't understand what you are trying to say. I posted almost word for word what you said up until the point that I replaced your negativity with my positivity. I meant to say exactly what you said except exactly opposite of what you said. And please read my post more carefully, I said "IN A FEW YEARS" the Pirates will be mentioned with the likes of Minnesota and Oakland, NOT RIGHT NOW.

As for the Yankees comment, I am so tired of hearing about how Nutiing has to "spend money" to field a winner. I'd say shelling out 9.3 million to draft picks is a pretty darn good start. What exactly will make you people happy? Should we sign Manny in the offseason for say 30 million? Would that make you happy? If you want to root for a team that will gladly shell out cash year in and year out, the Pirates just aren't going to be your squad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:06 am 

I have an idea.If you don't like seeing posts other then ones you agree with then go find something else to do.I'm tired of people thinking this Organization is the best in the business after a few deals a few signings.Thats how Kevin McClachey and company avoided the heat for as long as they did.

I mention I was impressed with the moves but because I'm looking to buy series tickets you don't like,well good.Go follow water polo from China if the heats to much for you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:16 am 

In a few years the Pirates will be mentioned with Minnesota and Oakland?A little ahead of things are we?Talk trash when and if they are .You are got to be the poster child for the kind of fan this Organization loved for so many years.You don't move into a house as the floor is being put in .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:06 pm 

HebnerR wrote:
I have an idea.If you don't like seeing posts other then ones you agree with then go find something else to do.I'm tired of people thinking this Organization is the best in the business after a few deals a few signings.Thats how Kevin McClachey and company avoided the heat for as long as they did.

I mention I was impressed with the moves but because I'm looking to buy series tickets you don't like,well good.Go follow water polo from China if the heats to much for you.

Ok hero... first of all, last time I checked I don't have to qualify my fan-dom, just because I choose to look on the brighter side of thing all-of-a-sudden now I am "just the type of fan this organization likes?" Do you actually understand the definition of "fan," its a person who supports a team through thick and thin regardless of the outcome. Have I been happy about 16 straight losing seasons? No. But now since we have upper management making shrewd business decisions, aquiring more talent, garnering more respectablity throughout baseball, and sticking to an established plan rather than try the quick fix to satisfy weaker fans such as yourself, I am more optimistic of our future. You don't like that, I don't give a crap.

I never mentioned that the PBC is the best in the business, but they are making strides to become better. What more can you ask for than that. "A few deals and a few signings"... are you that ignorant to know that with those few deals and few signings, NH brought in more talent than DL did in his entire tenure. DL was too busy bringing in over-the-hill veterans at enormous costs to try and passify the casual Pirates fan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:18 pm 

HebnerR wrote:
In a few years the Pirates will be mentioned with Minnesota and Oakland?A little ahead of things are we?Talk trash when and if they are .You are got to be the poster child for the kind of fan this Organization loved for so many years.You don't move into a house as the floor is being put in .

Talk trash?? What the hell are you saying? Being mentioned with Minnesota and Oakland is not the mecca of sports notoriety, being mentioned with them just qualifies us as lower level contenders who have to trade off high priced talent every 6 years. If I were to say that we were going to be mentioned with the Yankees and Red Sox, then I would have been drinking the Kool-Aid.

If you want to be overly critical about every freakin' decision made by the PBC, then go ahead, buy a bucket of Rolaids. But don't come in here and trash me for being optimistic. Nothing can be done about the past, we can't go back and fire DL before ditching ARAM, we can't get all that money back from Mr. Operation Shutdown, we can't have a re-draft and get Wieters, AROD, Manny, etc. So get over it. Stop freakin' harping on the same crap, you remind me of BH, same BS, different day.

I see that you are new to the board, this isn't the type of board where we like to hurl insults back and forth. I apologize for calling you ignorant in the last post, but you got me a bit fired up. I am happy that you have joined this board and hope that we can be talking in jubilation a few years from now about all the right moves that were made to get us to the WS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:29 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Yeah, the new guys have to learn the board etiquette.

Yell at Wilton and Sisy, not me... there you go. You'll be fine now. 8-)

ZM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:02 pm 

Excuse me there large man but if you can think back a bit who was it that questioned who's thinking? You are the FAN who got upset because I want to hold off on judgement until something is proven and if you don't like that then that makes it that much worse for you.

Critical? Since when is holding judgement being critical???IAm I going to get a Pirates love them or leave them post? Whether NH gave the Pirates more talent in a couple deals then Littlefield is hardly going to turn anything around,to suggest that this team is going to be in the same class as Minnesota who is battling for a title every year is like calling Pitt a National power after beating WVU.Get there then talk that trash until then it's laughable.

I don't have to agree with everything or kiss anybodies backside to be a fan,if you are what you claim to be then you would remember recent history and that this team was in this same spot getting talent 10 years ago.Nothing but nothing is a given FAN or not.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:06 pm 

whatever...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:10 pm 

Does HebnerR remind any of the other long, long time posters of a ghost from the past? Punctuation and all...

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:21 pm 

HebnerR wrote:
You are the FAN who got upset because I want to hold off on judgement until something is proven and if you don't like that then that makes it that much worse for you.

So what is it that you're holding back judgment on? Whether or not the players acquired will pan out or whether or not NH and co. are doing the right thing? If the former, I have no problem as that makes sense, if the latter then I'd say there is no reason to withhold judgment, the Pirates are doing the right thing.

If you disagree with how NH is looking to right this sinking ship, I'd love to know what your solution would be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:35 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

BBF wrote:
Does HebnerR remind any of the other long, long time posters of a ghost from the past? Punctuation and all...

You don't mean... VOR???? !!!!!

ZM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:40 pm 

BBF wrote:

Before my time. He does remind me of a few guys over on the Scout site.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:48 pm 

I miss VOR..............and several others too but not Gary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next