Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pearce
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 am 

This guy is totally lost at the plate. He can't see the ball, and is trying to pull sliders that are down and away, below the knees and off the plate.

Is it too early to bring McCutcheon up? Maybe Bautista can play out there. At least he'll get a hit once in a while. Or maybe when Adam gets healthy Minky can play outfield.

Either way, I would send Pearce back down so he get can get straightened out without hurting the big club.

Post subject: Re: Pearce
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:04 am 
Ralphie wrote:
This guy is totally lost at the plate. He can't see the ball, and is trying to pull sliders that are down and away, below the knees and off the plate.

Is it too early to bring McCutcheon up? Maybe Bautista can play out there. At least he'll get a hit once in a while. Or maybe when Adam gets healthy Minky can play outfield.

Either way, I would send Pearce back down so he get can get straightened out without hurting the big club.

Really lost. I agree that they need to send him down because he's not getting any better up here.

I think he'll rebound and become a productive MLB hitter. Luckily, the team has a few outfield prospects. If Pearce is a bust, it's not crippling.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:16 pm 

Ralphie wrote:

Hurting the big club? In whom's way is Pearce standing? I don't see him blocking anyone, and there's no way Pearce is the one keeping the Bucs from the playoffs. Let him figure it out in the majors until he starts hitting or we find a better option. We should have an interest in seeing what the Pirates have in him, and we aren't going to figure it out in fewer than 50 plate appearances. Let him play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:22 pm 

I agree with Willton here. How demoralizing would it be to hear that you're not good enough to play at the level of the Pittsburgh Pirates? The only sort of victory we could salvage from this season would be to finish well, and if the planets align and everyone on the team drinks their pixie dust milkshakes, maybe we can finish at .500.