Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:25 pm
Posts: 630
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
In the daily "what" topics posted.. here is mine..

What team in the MLB do you hate most..?

for me.. it's the new york yankees... man would i like to see them loose all the time

_________________
If You Ain't Dutch, You Ain't Much!!

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 5003
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
Man, that's tough. It used to be the Yankees but the Red Sox fans are bad, bad baseball fans. I'd say right now I still hate the Yankees more.

I bet I know No. 9's least favorite...

_________________
Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-6) at Iowa State Cyclones (2-7)
Jack Trice Stadium
November 22, 2014 11:00 AM
Fox Sports 1


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 68
Location: State College, PA
Hating the Yankees and/or the Red Sox is way too cliche for me. Enclosed is a ranked list of teams I hate, and the appropriate reasons:

1. The Washington Nationals - because they moved to Washington (to spit at Camden Yards, apparently) and not Norfolk, which is very close to my hometown.
2. The St. Louis Cardinals - because they're in our division, and they're also pure evil.
3. The Chicago White Sox - because Ozzie Guillen is a free man.
4. The Houston Astros - because I hate the city of Houston, Texas, and they're in our division, so I might as well hate them.
5. The Colorado Rockies - For somehow gaining access to the most boring World Series ever. (This will wear off eventually.)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:58 pm 
yeknom02 wrote:
Hating the Yankees and/or the Red Sox is way too cliche for me. Enclosed is a ranked list of teams I hate, and the appropriate reasons:

1. The Washington Nationals - because they moved to Washington (to spit at Camden Yards, apparently) and not Norfolk, which is very close to my hometown.
2. The St. Louis Cardinals - because they're in our division, and they're also pure evil.
3. The Chicago White Sox - because Ozzie Guillen is a free man.
4. The Houston Astros - because I hate the city of Houston, Texas, and they're in our division, so I might as well hate them.
5. The Colorado Rockies - For somehow gaining access to the most boring World Series ever. (This will wear off eventually.)


1. Yankees (though I root for Nady)
2. Atlanta Braves
3. Chicago Cubs
4. St. Louis Cardinals
5. Milwaukee Brewers


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
1. St Louis

2. Seattle

3. Houston

4. Atlanta


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10741
yeknom - good list. I appreciate the comments.

But for me ... Red Sox. Wife is from New England. I travel to Rhode Island and Massachusetts once every two years or so during the summer. Spend time with brothers-in-law and other New England residents.

Any discussion of baseball gets testy. I try to avoid it. I dislike the fact that so many Sox fans think they know so much about baseball, when they know no more than LA Dodger fans I hang out with, and less than many of the Pirate fans on this board.

They clearly know a lot about the Sox, but they presume that this magically gives them insight into other teams, including the Pirates. I will get into an argument about something involving the Pirates (the latest - Pirates have no offense and could not "protect" Jason Bay - I am going to punch the next person who says this). I will ask the Sox fan to tell me the Pirate line-up in the last game, or the game before, or the game before. Vacant stare. I ask, "Well then, how the fock do you claim to know anything about the Pirates offense??"

Any baseball discussion will quickly devolve into the Patriots/Steelers and it will get ugly fast. Just not a good time.

So, for me it's no contest - Red Sawx.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:11 am
Posts: 59
Location: POLISH HILL
The Chicago Cubs, period.
Their fans are obnoxious and
follow them around like the Grateful Dead.
God I hate the Cubs, may they lose for eternity.

_________________
"I'm a Pirate."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10741
buc commander wrote:
God I hate the Cubs, may they lose for eternity.


Your wish has been granted for a long time, BC, a real long time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:25 pm
Posts: 630
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
As i see we have a top 5 so i can't stay behind..

1. New York Yankees - It's like watching Dr Phil.. (although dr Phil looks like my dad!! So does Giambi :?
i do not know how long
these series were aired in the US.. we are used to see Us series
who were aired 5 years back.. hey.. WINDOWS XP is the newcome
for windows2000 they just told me)
And We stupid dutch sold New York Long way back

2. Chicago Cubs - Man do they have the worst colors and logo and suit.. soooooooo boring

3. Los Angeles Dodgers - There broadcaster..? i fall asleep when i listen to them, and no X-factor

4. Boston Red Sox - Couz my Brother roots for them and he drinks Budweiser en not Heineken (Go Holland)

5. San Diego Padres - Can't get me started with anything, Shame Giles plays there...


and bucfan..! thanks for believing in me ;)

_________________
If You Ain't Dutch, You Ain't Much!!

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
Hard to believe that none of us listed Mets.

Does nobody remember the Doc Gooden Daryl Strawberry days?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:54 pm
Posts: 941
1)Yanks-Sawx. I've quit distinguishing between these two teams and their fanbases. As Max von Sydow says in The Exorcist: There is only one.
2)Astros. Horrible sports town, deeply ignorant fanbase and Milo Peterson. A perfect storm of crapitude.
3)Cards-Cubs. The midwest's answer to #1 above. Almost.

_________________
I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants. That's what I did today.

Small ball is the hobgoblin of small minds.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:41 pm
Posts: 457
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
1. Braves. I have hated them since 1991 and hated how the whole "America's Team" was shoved down our throats a la Dallas Cowboys.

2. Red Sox. The Red Sox used to be my favorite AL team until 2004. In '04, two things happened: I moved to an American League City and the Sox won the World Series. I adopted the then Devil Rays as my AL team. Until this season, every time they played at the Trop, 2/3 of their fans at the game rooted for Boston (Sox fans=Massholes) and got really annoying. After they won the World Series, they acted like the band geek who had drunken sex with the prom queen and now won't shut up about it. I may dislike the Braves more as a team, but this fanbase is the most annoying. I agree with Bucfan's assessment of how baseball talk can get hostile with them, they know nothing about any other team, and talk always turns to Patriots/Steelers. When the talk tilts that way, I just remind them who has won a Super Bowl more recently. Ask a Pats fan who Irving Fryer is or Steve Grogan and you will likely get blank looks back.

3. Yankees. I have disliked them for years and their fanbase rivals that of Boston. Lots of Yankee fans down here claim to know everything about baseball (they don't) and have traditionally packed the Trop in numbers that rival Massholes. Annoying fans. Annoying players. Annoying Owners (although the Steinbrenners are huge philanthropists in Tampa Bay) and Mickey Mantle is the most overrated player of his era, although he may have the highest BAC in baseball history.

4. Mets. For old time's sake, Muck the Fets! I hate the Mets, but if anyone is looking for a good baseball read, pick up a copy of The Bad Guys Won by Jeff Pearlman. It is a chronicle of the 1986 and a fascinating read into what wildmen they really were back in the day.

_________________
Pittsburgh Baseball: Rebuilt and Reloaded.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10741
LtCol Kojak Slaphead wrote:
1)Yanks-Sawx. I've quit distinguishing between these two teams and their fanbases. As Max von Sydow says in The Exorcist: There is only one.


:lol: :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10741
Prince of Pittsburgh wrote:
I agree with Bucfan's assessment of how baseball talk can get hostile with them, they know nothing about any other team, and talk always turns to Patriots/Steelers. When the talk tilts that way, I just remind them who has won a Super Bowl more recently. Ask a Pats fan who Irving Fryer is or Steve Grogan and you will likely get blank looks back.


I note, "The Patsies gave up a TD to a 350-lb. Refrigerator Perry." Now that the Patsies suffered a pretty severe upset in the SB against the Giants, I hear much less smack talk from New England fans about the Patsies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:04 pm
Posts: 8
Surpirized no one else listed this team becuase of the past history between them and the Buccos, but I HATE the Cincy Reds. The Cards are a real close second because of Tony Larussa. I work 1 mile from the Marlins/ Cards Spring Training Complex, and saw him jogging on my way in to work last year. Man did I have to fight the urge to swerve and take him out..... just kidding 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
The Reds aren't bad.....the fans of the Reds are just God awful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:57 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
burghdan wrote:
Surpirized no one else listed this team becuase of the past history between them and the Buccos, but I HATE the Cincy Reds. The Cards are a real close second because of Tony Larussa. I work 1 mile from the Marlins/ Cards Spring Training Complex, and saw him jogging on my way in to work last year. Man did I have to fight the urge to swerve and take him out..... just kidding 8-)


Next time, don't fight the urge. :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
BBF wrote:
burghdan wrote:
Surpirized no one else listed this team becuase of the past history between them and the Buccos, but I HATE the Cincy Reds. The Cards are a real close second because of Tony Larussa. I work 1 mile from the Marlins/ Cards Spring Training Complex, and saw him jogging on my way in to work last year. Man did I have to fight the urge to swerve and take him out..... just kidding 8-)


Next time, don't fight the urge. :lol:


Yah, Tony LaRussa irritates the crap outta me! I loved when him and McClendon used to war back and forth. Now everyone just kisses his butt, and it makes me sick.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:04 pm
Posts: 8
BBF wrote:
burghdan wrote:
Surpirized no one else listed this team becuase of the past history between them and the Buccos, but I HATE the Cincy Reds. The Cards are a real close second because of Tony Larussa. I work 1 mile from the Marlins/ Cards Spring Training Complex, and saw him jogging on my way in to work last year. Man did I have to fight the urge to swerve and take him out..... just kidding 8-)


Next time, don't fight the urge. :lol:



Karma ended up catching him a week or two later passed out a red light. :mrgreen:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What team in de MLB do you DISlike the most?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:33 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:28 am
Posts: 632
So few of you folks hate the Braves. What's that all about. Fransisco Cabrera, Sid Breem, Smoltz, Maddux, Glavine, game 7 in '92, Leo Mazonne having convulsions on the bench, Bobby Cox, the tamahawk chop, Jim Leyland doing the tomahawk chop only to regret it and look like a fool, the national media chastising Pittsburgh about not selling out our ballpark during the playoffs but ignoring the fact that "America's Team" did not sell out either.... what's not to hate?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits