Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: D. McCutchen's second start at Indy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:12 pm 

Daniel McCutchen made his second start at Indianapolis. He went 6 innings, gave up 5 hits, 3 runs, had 3 BB's, and 3 K's. He took the loss in a 3-0 Indy defeat.

Indy has absolutely no offense right now. A. McCutchen went 1-3 with a walk. Neil Walker continues to slump and went 0-4 for the 4th consecutive game.

Post subject: Re: D. McCutchen's second start at Indy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:26 pm 

McCutchen is their only offense right now...Though Walker's average is down, I'm liking his power numbers this year, 14 HR's, 5 Triples, 22 Doubles

His low walk totals and his homer numbers have me thinking he's been getting offensive advise from Rob Deer

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:04 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
McCutchen is their only offense right now...Though Walker's average is down, I'm liking his power numbers this year, 14 HR's, 5 Triples, 22 Doubles

His low walk totals and his homer numbers have me thinking he's been getting offensive advise from Rob Deer

I think that you're confusion Deer with somebody else. Rob Deer walked once every 7.8 plate appearances, and that's pretty decent. If it wasn't for his batting eye he would have been Brad Eldred.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:38 pm 
sisyphus wrote:
nad69dan wrote:

I think that you're confusion Deer with somebody else. Rob Deer walked once every 7.8 plate appearances, and that's pretty decent. If it wasn't for his batting eye he would have been Brad Eldred.

I loved Rob Deer. Not saying I would have wanted him on my team, but I always got a chuckle out of seeing his stats. I'd glance up during a game and see like .184 with 20 or so homers. Ha.