Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No McCutchen?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 am 

Why no McCuthcen yet with the Pirates? Personally, I'd play him in LF, McLouth in CF, and Moss in RF. Or, for those who thinks he's pure CF just switch him and McLouth. I'm not a big fan of Pearce. Doesn't McCutchen bring more to the table? Hasn't he been having a better year? What am I missing? Also, doing this would help some fans deal with not having Bay in LF. Look at the reaction Bruce got when the Reds brought him up. This would a perfect time for a little excitement. Send Pearce back down and bring up McCutchen!

Also, I like the deals the Buccos have made. I think they need to finish the job now by signing those top draft picks. The combination of these things would help deal with the loss of Nady, Bay and Marte.

Post subject: Re: No McCutchen?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:54 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

No need, and no inclination to start the major league clock ticking till next year.

Beside, I'm not convinced he's ready to play.

ZM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:57 am 

The Dawg wrote:
Why no McCuthcen yet with the Pirates? Personally, I'd play him in LF, McLouth in CF, and Moss in RF. Or, for those who thinks he's pure CF just switch him and McLouth. I'm not a big fan of Pearce. Doesn't McCutchen bring more to the table? Hasn't he been having a better year? What am I missing? Also, doing this would help some fans deal with not having Bay in LF. Look at the reaction Bruce got when the Reds brought him up. This would a perfect time for a little excitement. Send Pearce back down and bring up McCutchen!

Also, I like the deals the Buccos have made. I think they need to finish the job now by signing those top draft picks. The combination of these things would help deal with the loss of Nady, Bay and Marte.

Jay Bruce got the reaction that he did because his 1st week in the majors he was hitting .500, and put a few into the bleachers...The guy is a stud...
I'm not saying McCutchen isnt a stud, but Neal seems to know what he's doing...Theres a good reason as to why he isnt here yet...I'm sure he'll be here in September though...

I think August will be the month for Pearce and Moss to prove themselves...just like Nate did last year

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:03 am 

This is the big audition for Pearce IMHO>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:55 am 
Az Bucco fan wrote:

I agree, AZ. And if he succeeds in his audition, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Pearce at first next season with Big Brother on another team.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:01 pm 

Elmer wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:

I agree, AZ. And if he succeeds in his audition, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Pearce at first next season with Big Brother on another team.

This *would* surprise me (the Big Brother on another team part). Simply because, until he proves that he can hit in the first two months of the season, Adam Laroche's trade value is like a sine curve, low in the off season, high at the deadline when he's hot. NH is smart enough to know this and wait until next July to deal him. I think it's highly probably that Adam would have been gone this July had he not gotten injured.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:03 pm 
burghermeister wrote:
Elmer wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:

This *would* surprise me (the Big Brother on another team part). Simply because, until he proves that he can hit in the first two months of the season, Adam Laroche's trade value is like a sine curve, low in the off season, high at the deadline when he's hot. NH is smart enough to know this and wait until next July to deal him. I think it's highly probably that Adam would have been gone this July had he not gotten injured.

That's true ... that's also why I was hoping for a trade of Big Brother this month. Damn injury.

If, say, Pearce, McClouth, Moss and McCutchen are all on the team and hitting next April/May and Big Brother is pulling his normal crap, I hope NH/JR are also smart enough to put him on the bench.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:54 am 

McCuthcen will be up soon. He's STILL their top prospect.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:04 am 

Send Steve Pearce back down to promote a struggling McCutchen? I have to hand it to you, that ranks pretty high on the list of dumbest ideas I've heard this season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:31 am 

Pearce was struggling more than McCutchen was so your statement makes little sense.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:22 pm 

It comes back to their Options and starting their MLB clocks...

Pearce was already here this season, so why waste McCutchen's when Pearce is already started...Atleast no one was calling for Morgan...

The nice thing about next year is if Adam LaRoche does struggle, Pearce can move to 1st and still have a productive bat in there...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:42 pm 

I thought there was an olympic or some kind of USA team that mccutchen was playing on and if he goes to the big leagues he cant play on it so they will wait till after that in september

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:46 pm 

Ryann wrote:
I thought there was an olympic or some kind of USA team that mccutchen was playing on and if he goes to the big leagues he cant play on it so they will wait till after that in september

McCutchen was left off the olympic roster.