Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: from the PG mailbag
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 385
Piratefan13

You are the type of fan who would support the Pirates no matter what they did or who owned the team. Alfred E Newman as owner, the 3 stooges as Prez, GM and manager, Goofy & Pluto at pitcher & catcher and the 7 dwarfs in the field and you'd still be optimistic.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: from the PG mailbag
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 11:17 pm
Posts: 24
Location: East Burbs
TheShark wrote:
Wow. I didn't know we had even slipped to last below the Marlins in attendance. That is just abysmal.


I was at the Tuesday April 22nd game. A nice sunny 65* day. They anounced 10,000+ paid but there was not 6000 people there. It was a real big empty. I personaly don't get it? I got in for $5 and parked for free. I can't do a movie for that.

_________________
When you come to the fork in the road. Take It!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: from the PG mailbag
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:43 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
All the same it's depressing to see us game after game not have a chance.
I blame no onew here but my biggest disappointment is with the starters so far the season. Just a year ago we were all expecting big things from them, only to have our hopes dashed again.
I know patience is the key, but it is very hard to accept this sh**.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: from the PG mailbag
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 385
old juan wrote:
I personaly don't get it? I got in for $5 and parked for free. I can't do a movie for that.


Dont get it? Take a wild guess. You wont go to see lousy movies that are the same all of the time

_________________
Image


Last edited by bullishhitter on Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: from the PG mailbag
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Chicago, IL
old juan wrote:
TheShark wrote:
Wow. I didn't know we had even slipped to last below the Marlins in attendance. That is just abysmal.


I was at the Tuesday April 22nd game. A nice sunny 65* day. They anounced 10,000+ paid but there was not 6000 people there. It was a real big empty. I personaly don't get it? I got in for $5 and parked for free. I can't do a movie for that.


Yeah, but how many movies leave you feeling hungover? Seriously though, patience is key right now. It's all we can do. But I do think we all have the right to be a little frustrated right now. I look at a team like the Brewers and it does make me want to hunt Littlefield down and tickle him until he pees his pants.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: from the PG mailbag
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:19 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
bullishhitter wrote:
Piratefan13

You are the type of fan who would support the Pirates no matter what they did or who owned the team. Alfred E Newman as owner, the 3 stooges as Prez, GM and manager, Goofy & Pluto at pitcher & catcher and the 7 dwarfs in the field and you'd still be optimistic.



Yah... its called being a diehard fan not a bandwagoner, you should try it sometime.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: from the PG mailbag
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 18
Location: Chicago, IL
Piratefan13 wrote:
bullishhitter wrote:
Piratefan13

You are the type of fan who would support the Pirates no matter what they did or who owned the team. Alfred E Newman as owner, the 3 stooges as Prez, GM and manager, Goofy & Pluto at pitcher & catcher and the 7 dwarfs in the field and you'd still be optimistic.



Yah... its called being a diehard fan not a bandwagoner, you should try it sometime.


I'm with you Piratefan13. Diehard. But it is extremely frustrating to see the team you love in such dire straits. Like you, I will choose to be optimistic about the new management. Perhaps we will see them gradually purge the old scouting department as time goes on.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits