Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: from the PG mailbag
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:01 pm 

Piratefan13

You are the type of fan who would support the Pirates no matter what they did or who owned the team. Alfred E Newman as owner, the 3 stooges as Prez, GM and manager, Goofy & Pluto at pitcher & catcher and the 7 dwarfs in the field and you'd still be optimistic.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:14 pm 

TheShark wrote:
Wow. I didn't know we had even slipped to last below the Marlins in attendance. That is just abysmal.

I was at the Tuesday April 22nd game. A nice sunny 65* day. They anounced 10,000+ paid but there was not 6000 people there. It was a real big empty. I personaly don't get it? I got in for $5 and parked for free. I can't do a movie for that.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:43 pm 

All the same it's depressing to see us game after game not have a chance.
I blame no onew here but my biggest disappointment is with the starters so far the season. Just a year ago we were all expecting big things from them, only to have our hopes dashed again.
I know patience is the key, but it is very hard to accept this sh**.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:48 pm 

old juan wrote:
I personaly don't get it? I got in for $5 and parked for free. I can't do a movie for that.

Dont get it? Take a wild guess. You wont go to see lousy movies that are the same all of the time

Last edited by bullishhitter on Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:50 pm 

old juan wrote:
TheShark wrote:
Wow. I didn't know we had even slipped to last below the Marlins in attendance. That is just abysmal.

I was at the Tuesday April 22nd game. A nice sunny 65* day. They anounced 10,000+ paid but there was not 6000 people there. It was a real big empty. I personaly don't get it? I got in for $5 and parked for free. I can't do a movie for that.

Yeah, but how many movies leave you feeling hungover? Seriously though, patience is key right now. It's all we can do. But I do think we all have the right to be a little frustrated right now. I look at a team like the Brewers and it does make me want to hunt Littlefield down and tickle him until he pees his pants.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:19 am 

bullishhitter wrote:
Piratefan13

You are the type of fan who would support the Pirates no matter what they did or who owned the team. Alfred E Newman as owner, the 3 stooges as Prez, GM and manager, Goofy & Pluto at pitcher & catcher and the 7 dwarfs in the field and you'd still be optimistic.

Yah... its called being a diehard fan not a bandwagoner, you should try it sometime.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:02 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
bullishhitter wrote:
Piratefan13

Yah... its called being a diehard fan not a bandwagoner, you should try it sometime.

I'm with you Piratefan13. Diehard. But it is extremely frustrating to see the team you love in such dire straits. Like you, I will choose to be optimistic about the new management. Perhaps we will see them gradually purge the old scouting department as time goes on.