It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tabata
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:51 pm 

Just my thinking.. nice article on the tabata trade

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article_perspec ... &fext=.jsp

trade BAY.. i am in the twilightzone should we.. shouldnt we

greetz from holland

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

Post subject: Re: Tabata
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:02 am 

Great link. Mayo takes a very fair look at the good and bad of Tabata. THe more I think about this trade, the more I realize his last paragraph is RIGHT ON. If we are going to continue to lose year after year, let's take a leap of faith on some guys. Risk vs. Reward attitude is better than an not taking any risks at all. Anyway, I'm in.... Go Tabata!!!!!! My God are we due for some reversal of fortunes!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:40 am 
dr.j wrote:
Great link. Mayo takes a very fair look at the good and bad of Tabata. THe more I think about this trade, the more I realize his last paragraph is RIGHT ON. If we are going to continue to lose year after year, let's take a leap of faith on some guys. Risk vs. Reward attitude is better than an not taking any risks at all. Anyway, I'm in.... Go Tabata!!!!!! My God are we due for some reversal of fortunes!!!!!!!!!

He's got talent for sure, but seems like a headcase. I'm all about taking risks though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 am 

Elmer wrote:
dr.j wrote:

He's got talent for sure, but seems like a headcase. I'm all about taking risks though.

I have a 19 year old. Every night this summer, my basement has been full of 19 year olds. They're all head cases to one degree or another. I know I was at that age.

IMHO, Tabata is a risk worth taking. But only because Bobby Hill wasn't available....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:24 am 

LOL Burger. Truer words have not been spoken.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:25 am 
Az Bucco fan wrote:

Oh come now ... you can't get a player like Bobby Hill for Nady/Marte. It takes a superstar like Aramis Ramirez for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:29 am 

AAAHHHH.......that was in reference to 19 year olds.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:

Burger and Az - so true about 19-year old males. Studying for a calculus test, or doing assigned reading? No doubt. But my concern is that baseball is not one of those things where my son (16) needs to be "motivated" or loses his focus. He likes it too much.

And my son and his companions are waaaaaay too competitive to give a half-hearted effort in any sporting event - darts, whiffle ball, mini golf, etc. I know since I have been with them during such events. They compete like it is the 7th game of the World Series.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:55 pm 
Bucfan wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:

Burger and Az - so true about 19-year old males. Studying for a calculus test, or doing assigned reading? No doubt. But my concern is that baseball is not one of those things where my son (16) needs to be "motivated" or loses his focus. He likes it too much.

And my son and his companions are waaaaaay too competitive to give a half-hearted effort in any sporting event - darts, whiffle ball, mini golf, etc. I know since I have been with them during such events. They compete like it is the 7th game of the World Series.

Great post, Bucfan.