Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nady 7/30
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:48 pm 

Box score shows 2 for 4 with 2 RBIs in a Yankee blow out

Post subject: Re: Nady 7/30
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:00 pm 

yeah.. unimpressive pitching fom baltimore..

vs bosox it counts.. that was .091

those teams will be in the playoffs

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:10 am 

Yeah, Nady had a very good game, I watched most of it at work with one of my friends, who's a Yankees fan. He hit a ground-rule double to the corner and also ripped a double to center field. Both were with RISP. He also made a nice catch in RF to end the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 am 
tennis08tarheels wrote:
Yeah, Nady had a very good game, I watched most of it at work with one of my friends, who's a Yankees fan. He hit a ground-rule double to the corner and also ripped a double to center field. Both were with RISP. He also made a nice catch in RF to end the game.

He'll be fine. I don't see this year as fluke for him ... I think he will continue to produce.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:14 am 

Elmer wrote:
tennis08tarheels wrote:

He'll be fine. I don't see this year as fluke for him ... I think he will continue to produce.

Given your recent record regarding predictions (AHEM-Nyjer Morgan-AHEM), you'll have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:21 am 

Elmer wrote:
tennis08tarheels wrote:

I'd like to hear your reasons for thinking this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:21 am 
Willton wrote:
Elmer wrote:
tennis08tarheels wrote:

Given your recent record regarding predictions (AHEM-Nyjer Morgan-AHEM), you'll have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it.

You're excused. I don't care if you "take my word" for it. I'm offering my opinion on Nady. That's what message boards are for.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 pm 

BBF wrote:

Nady has hit better with regular playing time. His productivity over the past 3 years has shown 17 HR's, 20 HR's, and on pace for another 20 HR's this year; 63 RBI's; 72 RBI's; on pace for 90 RBI's this year; .474 slugging; .476 slugging; .535 slugging this year.

The only stat this year that is out of normal is his batting average. But that can be explained by his lower K rate. His performance therefore seems very likely to be repeated, even with a lower batting average (.300 instead of .330).

If he goes 20 HR's, 90 RBI's, .300/.360/.520, with good defense in RF - all within his capabilities, it is clear, and basically what he seems to be on pace to do - then he will be a very solid player.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:33 pm 
Bucfan wrote:
BBF wrote:

Nady has hit better with regular playing time. His productivity over the past 3 years has shown 17 HR's, 20 HR's, and on pace for another 20 HR's this year; 63 RBI's; 72 RBI's; on pace for 90 RBI's this year; .474 slugging; .476 slugging; .535 slugging this year.

The only stat this year that is out of normal is his batting average. But that can be explained by his lower K rate. His performance therefore seems very likely to be repeated, even with a lower batting average (.300 instead of .330).

If he goes 20 HR's, 90 RBI's, .300/.360/.520, with good defense in RF - all within his capabilities, it is clear, and basically what he seems to be on pace to do - then he will be a very solid player.

Sorry BBF, I totally missed your post asking for my reasoning. I agree with Bucfan regarding the regualr playing time. Nady doesn't strike me as suited for bench/platoon duties. The fact that he was solid in those roles but excelled now as an everyday guy speaks to that, imho.

I mean, the guy was rated as a top-flight prospect years back from what I remember, so I think he has the talent. It seems being in the lineup everyday is what allowed him to exploit those talents.

I am also big on observation and things that aren't measurable (I know many of you aren't. We've had that debate, I'm not having that argument today), and I really like what I see from him as a player, jut in trerms of his swing and things like that.

So, my personal opinion, if he remains a regular, I expect him to continue to hit around .300 with some decent power.