Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Attention all members
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:20 pm 

Hi guys,

As you can see, we were able to recover the site this time, however we were lucky.

We are doing everything we can to get better security on the site. I need help from you guys as well in case there are any more issues.

1. Please e-mail me a contact e-mail to buccoboy1979@gmail.com. I created this e-mail address just to store all members contact e-mail so that I may get in touch with you if there are problems and you can do the same as well.

2. The chat room has been deleted. We are working on getting a new one, but it could take awhile.

3. My friend, let's call him Louis Bierbauer, has done a lot for this site and has asked for nothing in return. I would like to show him our appreciation. If you are interested, please let me know in the e-mail you send and I will give you details of what I have planned. Nobody should feel obligated to participate, but you can if you want to.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

BB

Post subject: Re: Attention all members
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:41 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I just sent you an email. Thanks a ton for the effort. I know we all appreciate it!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:12 pm 

Sent mine and all my thanks as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:13 pm 

Thanks very much BB and thanks to your friend!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:32 am 

I could scarce believe it yesterday when I found the board had disappeared again. The chat room was still up then and I expected more posters to turn up there - maybe yo were all out in your yards!
It seems like we are being targeted - any idea as to by whom? Once could just be random misfortune, but twice seems like malicious intent. (A disgruntled ex-poster perhaps?)

BB, we owe you and your friend, who must be a genius, a huge debt of gratitude.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:16 am 

A really weird screen popped-up yesterday morning when I logged-in, probably before BB had a chance to take it down. Basically it said that we were being hacked by two guys from the middle east, take that with a grain of salt as it could be two girls from Hoboken, NJ. The message was short, simple, and expletive ladden, they do this for kicks, and they'll be back.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:12 pm 

Argentum wrote:
A really weird screen popped-up yesterday morning when I logged-in, probably before BB had a chance to take it down. Basically it said that we were being hacked by two guys from the middle east, take that with a grain of salt as it could be two girls from Hoboken, NJ. The message was short, simple, and expletive ladden, they do this for kicks, and they'll be back.

Considering the types of girls that regularly traipse around Hoboken, I find that hard to believe. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:17 pm 

Willton wrote:
Considering the types of girls that regularly traipse around Hoboken, I find that hard to believe. :D

Careful, there, gentlemen. My daughter lives in Hoboken

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:17 pm 

Willton wrote:

Many moons ago I stayed in Hoboken for a long weekend with college buddies. The only redeeming qualities that I can remember are Sinatra being born there, and the proximity to NYC. I'm sure there are others, but my state of mind at the time prohibits me from remembering!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:22 pm 

Bob in Boston wrote:
Willton wrote:

I was going to go with Peoria, IL but decided to go with the "safer" Hoboken NJ. For future reference, does anyonebody have a problem with Crappo, Maryland?

Sorry Bob, did not mean to offend.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:30 pm 

Argentum wrote:
Many moons ago I stayed in Hoboken for a long weekend with college buddies. The only redeeming qualities that I can remember are Sinatra being born there, and the proximity to NYC. I'm sure there are others, but my state of mind at the time prohibits me from remembering!

Its proximity to midtown Manhattan (and the fact that rents are cheaper) is what makes it appealing to my daughter. Don't know how recently you've been there, but you might be pleasantly surprised by all the gentrification that has taken place in recent years.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:33 pm 

Argentum wrote:
Sorry Bob, did not mean to offend.

No offense taken.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:32 pm 

Bob in Boston wrote:
Willton wrote:

My apologies. I live next door to Hoboken and have partied there on many ocassions. Great town. I just tend to see many drunk, scantily-clad, super-tan 20-something women hopping from bar to bar everytime I go out in that neighborhood. But I'm sure your daughter is not one of them.

As you said, Hoboken's proximity to Manhattan and it's corresponding easy public access to it (PATH subway and the ferry) has led to Hoboken becoming one of the most popular and most expensive places to live in NJ. Just to give you an example, a townhouse there will easily go for over $900k. Yes, that's right: a townhouse.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:37 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Willton wrote:
Bob in Boston wrote:
Willton wrote:
I just tend to see many drunk, scantily-clad, super-tan 20-something women hopping from bar to bar everytime I go out in that neighborhood.

Do you mind if I visit sometime?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:20 pm 
Willton wrote:
Bob in Boston wrote:
Willton wrote:

My apologies. I live next door to Hoboken and have partied there on many ocassions. Great town. I just tend to see many drunk, scantily-clad, super-tan 20-something women hopping from bar to bar everytime I go out in that neighborhood. But I'm sure your daughter is not one of them.

As you said, Hoboken's proximity to Manhattan and it's corresponding easy public access to it (PATH subway and the ferry) has led to Hoboken becoming one of the most popular and most expensive places to live in NJ. Just to give you an example, a townhouse there will easily go for over $900k. Yes, that's right: a townhouse.

So you're saying these girls put the "hoe" in Hoboken?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:34 pm 

Sent my info in.

There is an awesome Steeler bar in Hoboken, been there for a Monday night game.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:58 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
Willton wrote:
I just tend to see many drunk, scantily-clad, super-tan 20-something women hopping from bar to bar everytime I go out in that neighborhood.

Do you mind if I visit sometime?

By all means, stop by. I'll show you around. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:02 pm 

Elmer wrote:
So you're saying these girls put the "hoe" in Hoboken?

Some call it "the Boken of Hos."

But seriously, it's one of the most affluent towns in NJ, and I could see why anyone would want to live there. Hell, I want to live there. If you can't live in Manhattan, Hoboken is the next best thing.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:03 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
Sent my info in.

There is an awesome Steeler bar in Hoboken, been there for a Monday night game.

I've been there many times, though not for Steelers reasons. The place is called Texas Arizona, and it's the closest bar to the PATH station. Great bar.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:15 pm 

I can't remember what it was called, but you should know. I really liked Hoboken, I was there on business for a week.

On another note, I believe that when the "hackers" are located and prosecuted, part of their sentence should be to watch the Pirates 24 hours a day for the first year of incarceration. All 15 years of futility, to include Morris starts, Pirate transactions, and the best of all, the explanations of those transactions by the keynote speaker, David Littlefield.