Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Friends and Foes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:44 pm 

I have discovered the ignore feature.....it's still here.

Fantastic.

Post subject: Re: Friends and Foes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:56 pm 

Beautiful view. I still haven't made it to PNC Park. :oops: I have to wait for the Bucs to come to Progressive Field (another beautiful ball park!)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:02 pm 

Ollie wrote:
Beautiful view. I still haven't made it to PNC Park. :oops: I have to wait for the Bucs to come to Progressive Field (another beautiful ball park!)

With all due respect, Ollie, you need to come to PNC. I went to college outside of Cleveland and thought the Jake was an awesome stadium. However, since moving back to Pittsburgh and going to PNC Park on a regular basis, my idea of "awesome stadiu" must have shifted, because when I went back to Cleveland (last year I think) for the Pirates series, I couldn't stop noticing how much of a dump- relatively speaking- that stadium was. Obviously, its not a dump, but spending some time at PNC will change your perspective- guaranteed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:41 pm 
BBF wrote:
Ollie wrote:

With all due respect, Ollie, you need to come to PNC. I went to college outside of Cleveland and thought the Jake was an awesome stadium. However, since moving back to Pittsburgh and going to PNC Park on a regular basis, my idea of "awesome stadiu" must have shifted, because when I went back to Cleveland (last year I think) for the Pirates series, I couldn't stop noticing how much of a dump- relatively speaking- that stadium was. Obviously, its not a dump, but spending some time at PNC will change your perspective- guaranteed.

I totally agree. As bad as the Pirates have been, the park really does make up for a lot of it, at least in terms of the "going to a game" experience. I love Manny's BBQ. I recommend it highly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:36 pm 

PNC is a very nice park. That being said, the Park is no longer the draw. You can go to North Park or Mt Washington for free if you want a nice view or a nice park. Need a team worth watching

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:26 pm 

bullishhitter wrote:
PNC is a very nice park. That being said, the Park is no longer the draw. You can go to North Park or Mt Washington for free if you want a nice view or a nice park. Need a team worth watching

Need an idea or thought worth listening to...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:12 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
bullishhitter wrote:

Need an idea or thought worth listening to...

Yup....Friends and Foes is awesome!