Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 385
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08205/898810-63.stm

He rips the past GM and his scouting and development people. The GM before that failed to produce a winner too. He fails to mention the one constant, the lack of funds not budgeted in for the GMs. One thing I agree with for sure ...sure looks hopeless.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3655
Location: Economy, PA
I knew when I logged on, if anyone was going to post that link, it would be the one with shit in his name.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1583
Looks like Smizik was out of ideas and on deadline. Hindsight being 20/20, I am so glad he pointed out that amazing little-known fact that the Pirates did not draft well under Dave Littlefield.

Wow, Bob what scintilating analysis! Thank you so much for pointing those facts out to us. No one on this board has ever even thought of those things in the last seven years.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 385
Ralphie wrote:
I knew when I logged on, if anyone was going to post that link, it would be the one with shit in his name.

Thats right, insult the poster instead of talking about the article.
The one thing that he said that is even more disturbing...the organization is in dire need of depth.... should trade and get as many young prospects as possible if they truly want to win. But with attendance dropping like George W Bush's popularity, it will mean even lower attendance and lower revenues for Nutting. Nice to be a fan of this pathetic ownership eh?

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:58 am 
Most people on this board agree that Littlefield is a major part of the Pirates problems. I don't understand why, then, fans would be upset with this article.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:04 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
Elmer wrote:
Most people on this board agree that Littlefield is a major part of the Pirates problems. I don't understand why, then, fans would be upset with this article.


Elmer,

I might not be best suited to respond as I have no idea what the one with shit in his name wrote in the initial post, but my guess is that no one is disgusted about Smizik bashing Littlefield (aside from the fact that it is all old news and doesn't contain any new analysis of the issue), but that "shit" posted his normal ramblings about ownership being the person who wouldn't give DL money, blah blah blah enable enable enable. Just a guess.

And Ralphie, I strongly endorse the Ignore feature.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 385
Elmer wrote:
Most people on this board agree that Littlefield is a major part of the Pirates problems. I don't understand why, then, fans would be upset with this article.


Besides putting blame on the pasr GM, he rightly points out the dire situation the team it is as per winning now and how bleak the situation is to fix it. Easy to blame the past GM but the current GM was left with very little to work with as per talent, depth of talent on a limited budget. As he said ..."correct to call it almost hopeless"
The die hards dont like to read something like this and thus they get upset.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
No, die hard fans get upset when articles and people like you, and Smizik keep throwing it in people's faces like they're flashcards...

You've made your point known a while ago...move on to something new...since you dont follow baseball...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
bullishhitter wrote:
Ralphie wrote:
I knew when I logged on, if anyone was going to post that link, it would be the one with shit in his name.

Thats right, insult the poster instead of talking about the article.
The one thing that he said that is even more disturbing...the organization is in dire need of depth.... should trade and get as many young prospects as possible if they truly want to win. But with attendance dropping like George W Bush's popularity, it will mean even lower attendance and lower revenues for Nutting. Nice to be a fan of this pathetic ownership eh?


And the stupidity continues! You don't trade your best players for B list prospects because they're under the age of 25.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 385
nad69dan wrote:
No, die hard fans get upset when articles and people like you, and Smizik keep throwing it in people's faces like they're flashcards...

The Pirates throw their losing record at your face every year. If they would win, you would not see articles and comments from me and articles from Smizik about the pathetic situation they're in

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7275
If they started winning with this owner under his salary limits you'd be there in your bandwagon cheering them on, while the entire time you've been here you've bashed the owner...

Why not go away until Nutting sells the team, since he is truly evil...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 385
Jeremy wrote:
And the stupidity continues! You don't trade your best players for B list prospects because they're under the age of 25.

Who said trade for "B" list prospects? Trade better players for top prospects. Stupidity? I guess the Pirates organization has been smart as per putting a winning team together. Do you think the team which is lousy as is will get any better when by all accounts there is little to no help in their minors?

Smizik may be off base with this quote but it describes the stupidity of this team as per winning
Quote:
The Pirates are not two seasons away from the World Series. More like two decades -- if ever.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:14 pm
Posts: 385
nad69dan wrote:
If they started winning with this owner under his salary limits you'd be there in your bandwagon cheering them on, while the entire time you've been here you've bashed the owner...

Why not go away until Nutting sells the team, since he is truly evil...


Evil?(snicker)Hardly. He's just taking advantage of a nice business situation. Hand out stadium, handout lux tax, revenue sharing and no real incentive to have a winner. I wish I could be a share owner. He is also taking advantage of the emotions of the loyal die hards like you.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
bullishhitter wrote:
Jeremy wrote:
And the stupidity continues! You don't trade your best players for B list prospects because they're under the age of 25.

Who said trade for "B" list prospects? Trade better players for top prospects. Stupidity? I guess the Pirates organization has been smart as per putting a winning team together. Do you think the team which is lousy as is will get any better when by all accounts there is little to no help in their minors?

Smizik may be off base with this quote but it describes the stupidity of this team as per winning
Quote:
The Pirates are not two seasons away from the World Series. More like two decades -- if ever.


Just what the hell do you and Smizzy think NH is doing? He's holding out so he can get A listers instead of the garabge we've gotten in year's past.

I'd pay good money if the PG could hire a real baseball writer for a change.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:50 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3655
Location: Economy, PA
The biggest problem with the article is that Smizik heaps all this blame on Littlefield without even mentioning McClatchey. To me that invalidates his point, because he is presenting only a very narrow view. And if he wasn't just coasting to retirement, he would have looked up the rest of DL's drafts, instead of listing only one.

Where is that ignore feature anyways? Haven't seen it since the great hacking of '08.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 pm
Posts: 1163
Ralphie wrote:
The biggest problem with the article is that Smizik heaps all this blame on Littlefield without even mentioning McClatchey. To me that invalidates his point, because he is presenting only a very narrow view. And if he wasn't just coasting to retirement, he would have looked up the rest of DL's drafts, instead of listing only one.

Where is that ignore feature anyways? Haven't seen it since the great hacking of '08.


Go to the User Control Panel.

Click on Friends and Foes.

Click on Manage Foes.

Type his name in the box.

Click submit.

:D


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
BBF wrote:
the one with shit in his name

I like it. It makes him sound like Voldemort: He-who-has-shit-in-his-name. :lol:

I prefer to call him "He-who-fails-at-the-English-language," but the above name is fun.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:26 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 am
Posts: 3655
Location: Economy, PA
Thanks, Jeremy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
How do I put Smizik on the ignore list?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], PirateParrot and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits