Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:23 am 

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08205/898810-63.stm

He rips the past GM and his scouting and development people. The GM before that failed to produce a winner too. He fails to mention the one constant, the lack of funds not budgeted in for the GMs. One thing I agree with for sure ...sure looks hopeless.

Post subject: Re: Smizik pouring it on
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 am 

I knew when I logged on, if anyone was going to post that link, it would be the one with shit in his name.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 am 

Looks like Smizik was out of ideas and on deadline. Hindsight being 20/20, I am so glad he pointed out that amazing little-known fact that the Pirates did not draft well under Dave Littlefield.

Wow, Bob what scintilating analysis! Thank you so much for pointing those facts out to us. No one on this board has ever even thought of those things in the last seven years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 am 

Ralphie wrote:
I knew when I logged on, if anyone was going to post that link, it would be the one with shit in his name.

Thats right, insult the poster instead of talking about the article.
The one thing that he said that is even more disturbing...the organization is in dire need of depth.... should trade and get as many young prospects as possible if they truly want to win. But with attendance dropping like George W Bush's popularity, it will mean even lower attendance and lower revenues for Nutting. Nice to be a fan of this pathetic ownership eh?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:58 am 
Most people on this board agree that Littlefield is a major part of the Pirates problems. I don't understand why, then, fans would be upset with this article.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:04 pm 

Elmer wrote:
Most people on this board agree that Littlefield is a major part of the Pirates problems. I don't understand why, then, fans would be upset with this article.

Elmer,

I might not be best suited to respond as I have no idea what the one with shit in his name wrote in the initial post, but my guess is that no one is disgusted about Smizik bashing Littlefield (aside from the fact that it is all old news and doesn't contain any new analysis of the issue), but that "shit" posted his normal ramblings about ownership being the person who wouldn't give DL money, blah blah blah enable enable enable. Just a guess.

And Ralphie, I strongly endorse the Ignore feature.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:14 pm 

Elmer wrote:

Besides putting blame on the pasr GM, he rightly points out the dire situation the team it is as per winning now and how bleak the situation is to fix it. Easy to blame the past GM but the current GM was left with very little to work with as per talent, depth of talent on a limited budget. As he said ..."correct to call it almost hopeless"
The die hards dont like to read something like this and thus they get upset.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:20 pm 

No, die hard fans get upset when articles and people like you, and Smizik keep throwing it in people's faces like they're flashcards...

You've made your point known a while ago...move on to something new...since you dont follow baseball...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:22 pm 

bullishhitter wrote:
Ralphie wrote:

Thats right, insult the poster instead of talking about the article.
The one thing that he said that is even more disturbing...the organization is in dire need of depth.... should trade and get as many young prospects as possible if they truly want to win. But with attendance dropping like George W Bush's popularity, it will mean even lower attendance and lower revenues for Nutting. Nice to be a fan of this pathetic ownership eh?

And the stupidity continues! You don't trade your best players for B list prospects because they're under the age of 25.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:27 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
No, die hard fans get upset when articles and people like you, and Smizik keep throwing it in people's faces like they're flashcards...

The Pirates throw their losing record at your face every year. If they would win, you would not see articles and comments from me and articles from Smizik about the pathetic situation they're in

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:33 pm 

If they started winning with this owner under his salary limits you'd be there in your bandwagon cheering them on, while the entire time you've been here you've bashed the owner...

Why not go away until Nutting sells the team, since he is truly evil...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:38 pm 

Jeremy wrote:
And the stupidity continues! You don't trade your best players for B list prospects because they're under the age of 25.

Who said trade for "B" list prospects? Trade better players for top prospects. Stupidity? I guess the Pirates organization has been smart as per putting a winning team together. Do you think the team which is lousy as is will get any better when by all accounts there is little to no help in their minors?

Smizik may be off base with this quote but it describes the stupidity of this team as per winning
Quote:
The Pirates are not two seasons away from the World Series. More like two decades -- if ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
If they started winning with this owner under his salary limits you'd be there in your bandwagon cheering them on, while the entire time you've been here you've bashed the owner...

Why not go away until Nutting sells the team, since he is truly evil...

Evil?(snicker)Hardly. He's just taking advantage of a nice business situation. Hand out stadium, handout lux tax, revenue sharing and no real incentive to have a winner. I wish I could be a share owner. He is also taking advantage of the emotions of the loyal die hards like you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:47 pm 

bullishhitter wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

Who said trade for "B" list prospects? Trade better players for top prospects. Stupidity? I guess the Pirates organization has been smart as per putting a winning team together. Do you think the team which is lousy as is will get any better when by all accounts there is little to no help in their minors?

Smizik may be off base with this quote but it describes the stupidity of this team as per winning
Quote:
The Pirates are not two seasons away from the World Series. More like two decades -- if ever.

Just what the hell do you and Smizzy think NH is doing? He's holding out so he can get A listers instead of the garabge we've gotten in year's past.

I'd pay good money if the PG could hire a real baseball writer for a change.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:50 pm 

The biggest problem with the article is that Smizik heaps all this blame on Littlefield without even mentioning McClatchey. To me that invalidates his point, because he is presenting only a very narrow view. And if he wasn't just coasting to retirement, he would have looked up the rest of DL's drafts, instead of listing only one.

Where is that ignore feature anyways? Haven't seen it since the great hacking of '08.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:52 pm 

Ralphie wrote:
The biggest problem with the article is that Smizik heaps all this blame on Littlefield without even mentioning McClatchey. To me that invalidates his point, because he is presenting only a very narrow view. And if he wasn't just coasting to retirement, he would have looked up the rest of DL's drafts, instead of listing only one.

Where is that ignore feature anyways? Haven't seen it since the great hacking of '08.

Go to the User Control Panel.

Click on Friends and Foes.

Click on Manage Foes.

Type his name in the box.

Click submit.

:D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:34 am 

BBF wrote:
the one with shit in his name

I like it. It makes him sound like Voldemort: He-who-has-shit-in-his-name. :lol:

I prefer to call him "He-who-fails-at-the-English-language," but the above name is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:26 pm 

Thanks, Jeremy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm 

How do I put Smizik on the ignore list?