Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Freddy Runs the Bases!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:19 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Denver
Nice! An inside-the-park HR to pile on against the 'Stros.

Just wondering, but who was the last Bucco to hit an inside-the-parker? I want to say Jason Kendall did it, circa 2001...but has it been that long?

On another note, I've seen TWO inside-the-parkers, live, this year. In all the games I've gone to-- roughly 200 since 1992-- I've never seen one. Now, this year I've seen two. Both were Rockies: Jeff Baker back in June against the Indians and Seth Smith, last Friday. Kinda' weird.

_________________
Cutch 'em all


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Freddy Runs the Bases!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:30 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:09 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: Hingham, MA
As you'll probably have seen by now, the last to do it was Chris Duffy against the Yankees on June 8, 2007.

_________________
If you think nobody notices you and you're all alone, try not paying your bills.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Freddy Runs the Bases!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7272
Didnt Tony Womack have two insiders in one game for the Pirates back in the day?

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Freddy Runs the Bases!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:54 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:09 pm
Posts: 2083
Location: Hingham, MA
nad69dan wrote:
Didnt Tony Womack have two insiders in one game for the Pirates back in the day?


Records indicate that Womack and Sammy Sosa of the Cubs hit inside-the-park HRs in the same inning of the same game, May 26, 1997, at Three Rivers. But I'm finding nothing that says Womack had two on the same day.

_________________
If you think nobody notices you and you're all alone, try not paying your bills.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Freddy Runs the Bases!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:07 pm 
Bob in Boston wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
Didnt Tony Womack have two insiders in one game for the Pirates back in the day?


Records indicate that Womack and Sammy Sosa of the Cubs hit inside-the-park HRs in the same inning of the same game, May 26, 1997, at Three Rivers. But I'm finding nothing that says Womack had two on the same day.


I forgot about Sosa hitting one too. It's hard to imagine that bulky dude hitting an inside the parker.

I remembe Womack's ... pure speed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Freddy Runs the Bases!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7272
Elmer wrote:
Bob in Boston wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
Didnt Tony Womack have two insiders in one game for the Pirates back in the day?


Records indicate that Womack and Sammy Sosa of the Cubs hit inside-the-park HRs in the same inning of the same game, May 26, 1997, at Three Rivers. But I'm finding nothing that says Womack had two on the same day.


I forgot about Sosa hitting one too. It's hard to imagine that bulky dude hitting an inside the parker.

I remembe Womack's ... pure speed.


That just goes to show he must have hit it far and it bounced far far far away from any fielder or the defense was horrible...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Freddy Runs the Bases!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm
Posts: 1571
I saw Gary Varsho do it live in 1992 and somthing makes me want to say Marvell Wynne, during one of the dark years, 85 or 86.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits