Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ticket Advice
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:43 pm 

I'm going to be in town Thursday and want to go check out a game. I've been to PNC a couple times in the past and it really is my favorite of the 15 or so MLB parks I've been to.

I was last there two years ago and remember seeing scalpers on the street that appeared to have ticket resale licenses selling tickets at reasonable prices, but I was wondering if anyone on this board had any words of wisdom on how to go about finding a really good single ticket at a good price.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Post subject: Re: Ticket Advice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:51 am 

I doubt you will have any problem getting good seats for a week night game. There will be lucky to be 15-17,000 fans in attendance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:09 pm 

You might want to consider the All You Can Eat section. The tickets are $35.00 att the window. Plenty of food choices and soft drinks but no beer. Maybe they are also scalped.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:17 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
You might want to consider the All You Can Eat section. The tickets are $35.00 att the window. Plenty of food choices and soft drinks but no beer. Maybe they are also scalped.

Actually, I think they are $40 at the window, $35 if purchased in advance. Really though, they are $17 seats (and the worst section of seats in that pric category), so unless you are going to eat $25 worth of food, not including beer, its not really worth it. I would, however, love to have those seats during a doubleheader.

Honestly, for a weekday game, if you get there early and wander around by the ticket window, you are likely to find someone giving away an extra seat. Even if it is a bad seat, just sit in the bleachers or stand on the rotunda. Otherwise, wait until just before game time. Scalpers drastically slash prices after 7.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:42 pm 

Thanks for all of the input, I really appreciate it...one more question...how many rows of Dugout Box and Lexus Box seating are there before the Infield Box seats start?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:49 pm 

DC6770 wrote:
Thanks for all of the input, I really appreciate it...one more question...how many rows of Dugout Box and Lexus Box seating are there before the Infield Box seats start?

I would say maybe 10 rows. Inexact estimate.