Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What a game!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:28 am 

Not having seen any Bucco ball in many nights I watched the whole thing. If you didn't, as Mike Lange would say, at least in the 70's, then shame on you for a week. That was fun. May the baseball gods be with us.

Post subject: Re: What a game!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:44 am 

What a mistake

Watched the first 5 innings, then turned it off. No offense again for the second straight night, and saw enough of Huerra to know that he isn't near ready to be the answer. Enough for me.

What a finish and again a great come back. They are like my old golf game. No good, but every once in a while a good shot or round and I'd come back for more.

So, I watch and wait for as long as my mind allows me to. Bad choice tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:15 am 

hmmmm i watched the game on gameday ! till 4.30 am :oops: ... so weird seeing me, jumping in my office at nearly 5000 miles away from PNC :shock:

i'm veryyy happy ! but IT'S AN HOLD-UP !! by the way it' s always a pleasure to kick La russa and his juicy company asses ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s : our starting pitching is crap :x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:45 am 

I was at the Indians-Rays game last night, my first Cleveland game of the year. Basically Garza of TB got hammered. A nice outing for a kid making his first career start (Matt Ginter, 5 inn.) Homeruns by Grady Sizemore and Garko. Sizemore made a great running catch in front of the warning track. The most spectacular fireworks followed the game accompanied by live rock music!

I kept looking at the scoreboard during the game. Twenty hits by St. Louis? How did they only score ten runs? I was sitting there with my co-worker.. we were stunned by the numbers. I can't continue following the Pirates if this organization continues calling up AA pitchers. It makes me soooo angry!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:54 am 

Ha! I only just now saw that we won! What the.. :shock:

Nice win for sure but it doesn't change anything. I just wish we'd trade some guys and stop calling up pitchers who don't belong in the majors (I know, that's our whole minor league system!)

After seeing the Rays last night I can't believe they haven't made a trade yet. They could sure use Bay or Nady..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:54 pm 

Okay, I had stuff to do!! I tuned out with the score 10-4, bad guys. I watched most of the game until then, and figured I had received enough punishment so I worked on the lawn, went to the market, etc. I did not bother to check the final score since ... well, we were losing 10-4, for heaven's sake.

I first learned of the comeback when I read your post. I read it and checked the date of the post twice, and figured out that I had missed a pretty darn good comeback.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:18 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Not having seen any Bucco ball in many nights I watched the whole thing. If you didn't, as Mike Lange would say, at least in the 70's, then shame on you for a week. That was fun. May the baseball gods be with us.

What a ballgame.

That's 21 come from behind wins out of 44 wins total, not to mention a few near misses at the wire. Shades of the '58 Bucs. It does not pay to turn off the TV with this crew.