Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Life on the road......
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:00 pm 

After spending 9 days on the road, events, hotels and suitcases, I can honestly say it is no picnic. We found as much side stuff to do as possible to break up the routine. One fellow diver in Mission Viejo even had No. 2 over for a home cooked meal and a night at the house. We do it again in 10 days for a 5 day trip to So Cal again and then again a week later for a 6 day trip to that summertime paradise Houston. And, at that, this is nothing when compared to the travel schedule for a baseball player. Now I know why they use the term "grind it out" when it comes down to it. Also, never discount the pleasure in seeing a friendly face coming out to lend support even if only for a couple of hours. Much thanks to Bucfan. As a culinary fan, I had the best calamari ever on the beach in Venice and Wolfgang Puck's Gourmet Bistro in LA were the most gracious host in many moons for our team dinner and have the best meatloaf ever, hands down. Oh, and No. 2 son won both 1 meter and 3 meter events at USC and was scored a perfect 10 on his front 2 1/2 pike on the 1 meter. On to The Woodlands outside of Houston. The scary part is he scored higher than anyone in the US in qualifying and if he finishes top 2 or 3 he goes to Germany for Worlds in September. I guess we better get him a passport. And a second job for me to pay for it. LOL!

Post subject: Re: Life on the road......
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:25 pm 

Congrats to No. 2 as well as to you and Mrs. Az. I'm sure that you are all thrilled.
Where are the '12 Olympics?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:42 pm 

As No. 9 can certainly attest, Az is very good company. Stopping by USC to say "hey" to Az was a pleasure. And Az is right in discussing travel. I have trouble spending 5 days on the road - imagine a 10 or 11 game road trip, over three cities, requiring physical effort at each stop.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:50 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Where are the '12 Olympics?

FGS '9' - London!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:08 am 

I am thrilled for you all, Az! We'll be rooting for him, man! That is surely a difficult sport to suceed at.. how they can hit the water in a perfect verticle position and make such a small splash.. controlling momentum, angles, rotations.. so much involved!