Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craig Wilson Traded!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:06 pm 

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08192/896155-100.stm

Quote:
Finally, the Pirates made two minor league trades: They sent first baseman Craig Wilson to the Seattle Mariners for a player to be names, and they acquired right-handed starter Dan Reichert and utilityman Ryan Mulhern from Cleveland for a player to be named.

Reichert, 32, was 1-3 with a 4.40 ERA for Buffalo. Mulhern, 27, was batting .250 with seven home runs for Buffalo. Each was assigned to Indianapolis.

Wilson, a longtime player in Pittsburgh, batted .223 with 10 home runs for Indianapolis.

I'm guessing Craig is taking over at 1st for Seattle's AAA team since Sexson was released

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Craig Wilson Traded!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:44 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08192/896155-100.stm

Quote:
Finally, the Pirates made two minor league trades: They sent first baseman Craig Wilson to the Seattle Mariners for a player to be names, and they acquired right-handed starter Dan Reichert and utilityman Ryan Mulhern from Cleveland for a player to be named.

Reichert, 32, was 1-3 with a 4.40 ERA for Buffalo. Mulhern, 27, was batting .250 with seven home runs for Buffalo. Each was assigned to Indianapolis.

Wilson, a longtime player in Pittsburgh, batted .223 with 10 home runs for Indianapolis.

I'm guessing Craig is taking over at 1st for Seattle's AAA team since Sexson was released

Well, NH went out and got another AAA starter, a 4.50 ERA in 7 starts at Buffalo. Only 8 more AAA starters to go until some people stop complaining.

Post subject: Re: Craig Wilson Traded!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:36 am 
I was hoping for a cameo of Craig in a Pirates uniform this year. Oh well.

My personal nostalgia wishes aside, this was a good (MINOR) move. The team needs more arms at every level.