Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Road woes...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:35 pm 

I don't understand why this team can't win on the road. The home record is what it is and for a young ball club, at least in the field and with a poor pitching staff 26 and 30 is reasonable in the home confines. For the life of me I don't understand why winning on the road has become a made for t.v. horror movie.

As for the younger players, which is the majority of what this team is made of, all this losing cannot be good for the future. There's talent in these youngsters, you can see it but is it enough?

Wonder what JR has to say to the press about yet another sweep in a series. Does this guy have a heartbeat? This team needs some fire lit under their arses. They need to be treated like they're not worthy of being major league baseball players. Tell them they're not good enough. Wonder what that would do? Hurt their feelings? Couldn't get any worse.

Are they getting their paychecks?

Post subject: Re: Road woes...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:01 pm 

buccosfan77 wrote:
I don't understand why this team can't win on the road. The home record is what it is and for a young ball club, at least in the field and with a poor pitching staff 26 and 30 is reasonable in the home confines. For the life of me I don't understand why winning on the road has become a made for t.v. horror movie.

As for the younger players, which is the majority of what this team is made of, all this losing cannot be good for the future. There's talent in these youngsters, you can see it but is it enough?

Wonder what JR has to say to the press about yet another sweep in a series. Does this guy have a heartbeat? This team needs some fire lit under their arses. They need to be treated like they're not worthy of being major league baseball players. Tell them they're not good enough. Wonder what that would do? Hurt their feelings? Couldn't get any worse.

Are they getting their paychecks?

Hire back Lloyd McLendon. I rather see a manager who actually acts like he cares.

Post subject: Re: Road woes...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:19 pm 

buccosfan77 wrote:
Wonder what JR has to say to the press about yet another sweep in a series. Does this guy have a heartbeat? This team needs some fire lit under their arses.

One wonders what he can try next. Certainly, firing Kerrigan and Varsho hasn't brought any improvement. Since that day, our heroes have lost 7 straight and scored just 15 runs. Meanwhile, the pitchers have given up 38 runs and 68 hits.

Pitiful.