Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rain Delay
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:25 am 

So I heard the news this morning that the Pirate game had a rain delay. They did play a couple hours later and finish the game. I was out on my deck last night and I heard thunder 1 time....1 time so that means it was delayed for rain only. At first it was a heavy rain but it tapered off to a mild shower.

Baseball should be played in the rain. I bet the stadium was empty when they started again.
The same thing happened when the Yanks were in town, but there was more money to be made by rescheduling them instead of a team like the Astros

Post subject: Re: Rain Delay
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:28 am 

Are you going to do this everytime there's a rain dealy?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:30 am 

You are kidding... right BH?? Please tell me you are kidding.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:35 am 

bullishhitter wrote:
So I heard the news this morning that the Pirate game had a rain delay. They did play a couple hours later and finish the game. I was out on my deck last night and I heard thunder 1 time....1 time so that means it was delayed for rain only. At first it was a heavy rain but it tapered off to a mild shower.

Baseball should be played in the rain. I bet the stadium was empty when they started again.
The same thing happened when the Yanks were in town, but there was more money to be made by rescheduling them instead of a team like the Astros

Even if you are right that the Pirates rescheduled the "Yankmees" so what, good for the Pirates, try and squeeze some more money out of those load mouth bandwagon Yankee fans. The Yankees were whining because they wanted to reschedule the game from 7:00pm to 1:00pm so that they could get some rest. Ahhhhhh, poor babies. I am glad that Bucs didn't fold under the pressure of the mighty Yankees.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:58 am 

Piratefan13 wrote:
Even if you are right that the Pirates rescheduled the "Yankmees" so what, good for the Pirates, try and squeeze some more money out of those load mouth bandwagon Yankee fans. The Yankees were whining because they wanted to reschedule the game from 7:00pm to 1:00pm so that they could get some rest. Ahhhhhh, poor babies. I am glad that Bucs didn't fold under the pressure of the mighty Yankees.

Supply & Demand. Ownership knows they could reschedule the Yankee game and have a full house, not to mention the parking and food/drink revenue. Fold under pressure? Hardly! Just a little more revenue.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:05 am 

bullishhitter wrote:
Piratefan13 wrote:

Supply & Demand. Ownership knows they could reschedule the Yankee game and have a full house, not to mention the parking and food/drink revenue. Fold under pressure? Hardly! Just a little more revenue.

I wish you'd fall off the face of the Earth!!!

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:25 am 

bullishhitter wrote:
Piratefan13 wrote:

Just a little more revenue to be able to purchase that big FA you want them to get in the offseason, aye?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:17 pm 

bullishhitter wrote:

I suppose this is where we remind you of the dangers of playing baseball in the rain (slippery baseball, tough to see the ball in the rain, etc.), and you dismiss them as comparable to football, a sport that does play in the rain. Blah, blah, blah.

I agree with Sisyphus: when football starts playing with a ball that has the potential to kill a human being, then you may have a valid argument. Until then, shut it about the rain.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:24 pm 

Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:29 pm 

And the beat goes on and on and on.....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:17 pm 

Quote:
Unbelievable

Quote:
And the beat goes on and on and on.....

describe the longest losing streak of all time for a major sport team !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:03 pm 

In the words of H.L. Mencken,

I rise to pay my small tribute to Bullishhitter. Setting aside an engineering professor or two and a half dozen dipsomaniacal bloggers, he takes the first place in my Valhalla of literati. That is to say, he writes the worst English that I have ever encountered. It reminds me of a string of wet sponges; it reminds me of tattered washing on the line; it reminds me of stale bean soup, of college yells, of dogs barking idiotically through endless nights. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish, and crawls insanely up to the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doodle. It is balder and dash.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:05 pm 

Willton wrote:
In the words of H.L. Mencken,

I rise to pay my small tribute to Bullishhitter. Setting aside an engineering professor or two and a half dozen dipsomaniacal bloggers, he takes the first place in my Valhalla of literati. That is to say, he writes the worst English that I have ever encountered. It reminds me of a string of wet sponges; it reminds me of tattered washing on the line; it reminds me of stale bean soup, of college yells, of dogs barking idiotically through endless nights. It is so bad that a sort of grandeur creeps into it. It drags itself out of the dark abysm of pish, and crawls insanely up to the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and doodle. It is balder and dash.

And he's a doo-doo head!!! :P

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:52 am 
I see points both ways but, to be honest, who gives a sh*t? Rain delays have been a part of baseball since the game was invented. They aren't going anywhere. It's almost not worth the effort to even talk about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:53 pm 

Bullish's theme song:

Bullish is singin' in the rain ... just singin' in the rain!!!