Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baseball book
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:16 am 

Summer reading and this is a good one for just about all of us. "License to Deal" Jerry Crasnick, 2005. Deals with how agents and their companies work. Not for the faint of heart. Another book I highly recommend is "Pistol", Mark Kriegel, 2007. Not baseball but the western Pa. aspect cannot be overlooked. Story of a tormented family. More than just about Pete Maravich. Of personal interest, the Maravich's next door neighbor's when Press was at NC State wer the Bagwells, Howard , the douchebag AD where I played college b ball and Joyce, his wife, a nice lady, who was my college chemistry teach and who dumped boiling sulfur on my hand during a lab. Don't pass these two up.

Post subject: Re: Baseball book
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:21 am 
Az Bucco fan wrote:
Summer reading and this is a good one for just about all of us. "License to Deal" Jerry Crasnick, 2005. Deals with how agents and their companies work. Not for the faint of heart. Another book I highly recommend is "Pistol", Mark Kriegel, 2007. Not baseball but the western Pa. aspect cannot be overlooked. Story of a tormented family. More than just about Pete Maravich. Of personal interest, the Maravich's next door neighbor's when Press was at NC State wer the Bagwells, Howard , the douchebag AD where I played college b ball and Joyce, his wife, a nice lady, who was my college chemistry teach and who dumped boiling sulfur on my hand during a lab. Don't pass these two up.

How. She dump the boiling sulfur on purpose or an accident?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:56 pm 

Purely accidental. She was a lovely lady, unlike her hubby.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:31 pm 
Az Bucco fan wrote:

Maybe she was flirting with you. Remember how, in grade school, boys picked on the girls they liked? Maybe she had a warped way of doing that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:37 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:

That makes the story much less interesting. Anyways, why in the world would someone boil sulfur? Can sulfur even be boiled- its boiling point is over 800 degrees.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm 

BBF wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:

That makes the story much less interesting. Anyways, why in the world would someone boil sulfur? Can sulfur even be boiled- its boiling point is over 800 degrees.

My guess is that it was sulfuric acid, which makes me wonder whether AZBF still has two hands.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:19 pm 

All I know is that it was a chemistry lab experiment gone awry. Something hot, bubbling, with sulfur in it and it was quite hot on my wrist area. Bubbled up the skin about 3/4 inche by two. Two hands last I checked. LOL