Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Braves send Francoeur to AA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:56 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Quote:
The Atlanta Braves decided their hometown favorite needed to get away from home—and away from the major leagues—to work his way through the worst slump of his career.

Outfielder Jeff Francoeur, hitting only .234, was sent to Double-A Mississippi on Friday and told he’d be recalled within three weeks.

Braves general manager Frank Wren and manager Bobby Cox said the move is not a demotion.

“We look at it as stepping back for a few days and decompressing and getting his game going again,” Wren said. “It gives him the ability to do that.”

Francoeur was told of the decision after he was booed at home Thursday night when he went 0-for-4. He hit .206 in June and is 1-for-12 in three games this month.

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Braves send Francoeur to AA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:34 am 

Nady for francouer possible? Bay for francouer? That would be nice he will bounce back.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:55 am 

I'll be scouting the Rays here in Cleveland next weekend. They could use Jason or X. I don't know that we'd get major league ready guys in a deal with them. I would hope so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 am 

Something that has been bothering me and even i have done it , is how we put Jason Bay and Xavier Nady in the same boat.Yes they both will be 30 this year and that is getting up there and they are both having around the same kind of season this year but Bay is alot more valuable than Nady.His career numbers stomp Nady's and Nady has played more years.I still think Bay's best years are ahead of him when on the other hand i see this as being Nady's best year.He has peaked out with his talent and Bay hasn't.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:20 am 

Ryann wrote:
Nady for francouer possible? Bay for francouer? That would be nice he will bounce back.

Nady and Bay are both much better than Francoeur. No way do I make such a trade. Francoeur just isn't a very good hitter, and I doubt that he ever will be much more than a bit above average.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:21 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Something that has been bothering me and even i have done it , is how we put Jason Bay and Xavier Nady in the same boat.Yes they both will be 30 this year and that is getting up there and they are both having around the same kind of season this year but Bay is alot more valuable than Nady.His career numbers stomp Nady's and Nady has played more years.I still think Bay's best years are ahead of him when on the other hand i see this as being Nady's best year.He has peaked out with his talent and Bay hasn't.

I don't agree with you. I think we've seen the best of both of these guys, but I do agree that Bay is the better player.