Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New board ... Old Names?
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:20 pm 

Many thanks to those who put in the effort to get this board up and running. I know that you have better things to do with your time than try to repair the damage done by some lunkhead who thinks it is appropriate to infiltrate and damage somebody else's property. (Wonder how that clown would feel if somebody stole his personal property.)

I am just having a tough time getting as interested as I once was to read the newest posts and a tougher time trying to keep the identities straight.

Az, Bertie, BBF, Sisy, Elmer, Mayor Mystery, No. 9, Zelie, Lt. Colonel retained their monikers. Some changed. Perhaps, here we could put together a list of the "new" names for some of our old posters.*

* I almost registered as Sisyphus, and was going to post that Bucfan had been right all along about everything and that I, Sisyphus, was proven wrong. It would have been pretty funny, but I thought that it was too much.

Post subject: Re: New board ... Old Names?
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:45 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Many thanks to those who put in the effort to get this board up and running. I know that you have better things to do with your time than try to repair the damage done by some lunkhead who thinks it is appropriate to infiltrate and damage somebody else's property. (Wonder how that clown would feel if somebody stole his personal property.)

I am just having a tough time getting as interested as I once was to read the newest posts and a tougher time trying to keep the identities straight.

Az, Bertie, BBF, Sisy, Elmer, Mayor Mystery, No. 9, Zelie, Lt. Colonel retained their monikers. Some changed. Perhaps, here we could put together a list of the "new" names for some of our old posters.*

* I almost registered as Sisyphus, and was going to post that Bucfan had been right all along about everything and that I, Sisyphus, was proven wrong. It would have been pretty funny, but I thought that it was too much.

I thought it would have been funny if someone took BH's name and then proceeded to say how much he loved Nutting and Co.

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:03 pm 

Willton = Econolodge

I changed my name because Econolodge was a fraternity pledge name in college, and I've been out of college for 4 years now. No one really knows me by that name anymore (except you guys), and it's really clumsy to say out loud. Willton, however, has been a nickname of mine ever since I was 20 years old, and it has stuck with me through law school.

I actually wanted to change my moniker sometime last year, but it didn't make sense at the time for me to abandon my 2-year history of posts just so I can go by a new name. Now that the board has been reformatted and our history of posts has been lost, I figured now is as good a time as any to make that change.

And so here I am with a new name and a new avatar. No more bouncing elephant -- instead I am represented by a South-Park characature of myself.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:08 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I've been IA Pirate even though I've lived in Nebraska for almost two years. I just can't stand this state (i.e Cornhusker fans).

#19 Oklahoma Sooners (5-2) at Iowa State Cyclones (2-5)
November 1, 2014
Jack Trice Stadium
Ames, IA
11:00 AM Fox Sports 1

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:29 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
I almost registered as Sisyphus, and was going to post that Bucfan had been right all along about everything and that I, Sisyphus, was proven wrong. It would have been pretty funny, but I thought that it was too much.

That would have been funny. Perhaps you could have registered as "Sisyphis"? Bertie and a few others, myself excluded, are probably the only ones who would have caught the spelling slight of hand.

As for me, I used to be Silver Anniversary. Always thought the name was stupid. When I registered in 2004, it was the 25th anniversary (the silver one for those who aren't like 100 years old and married) of the 1979 World Series. Made sense at the time but was a drag to spell out and lacked pizazz.

Argentum (Ag on the periodic table) is latin for silver. What Pizazz!!!!!!!!! :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:28 pm 

I decided to shorten my name and password. It's quicker for me to type Ollie. When I log on at work my user name appears but I can't get it to do so here at home. I am worthless with computers (am wondering if I can manage red fonts here.)

I seriously considered Brian Boehringer as my name when I first joined this outfit, but I was having a love affair with Oliver Perez. I am so disappointed in his last outing. I'm glad the Bucs won but Ollie has serious control problems. I wonder if the delay of the starting time had a negative impact on my man.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:49 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Ollie wrote:
I decided to shorten my name and password. It's quicker for me to type Ollie. When I log on at work my user name appears but I can't get it to do so here at home. I am worthless with computers (am wondering if I can manage red fonts here.)

I seriously considered Brian Boehringer as my name when I first joined this outfit, but I was having a love affair with Oliver Perez. I am so disappointed in his last outing. I'm glad the Bucs won but Ollie has serious control problems. I wonder if the delay of the starting time had a negative impact on my man.

I was thinking of using Bruce Aven as my name.

#19 Oklahoma Sooners (5-2) at Iowa State Cyclones (2-5)
November 1, 2014
Jack Trice Stadium
Ames, IA
11:00 AM Fox Sports 1

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:54 pm 
 WWW  Profile

The not so frequent poster formally known as eronmackie.

Now that I've read some other posts here I wish I would have put a little more thought into my new board name.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:56 pm 

TheShark = The Shark

I'm with the "old" folks.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:23 am 

So boring am I... Piratefan13 = Piratefan13, so much creativity in the name.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:27 am 

And - unfortunately - Elmer is still Elmer. :x

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:02 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I just hate confusing myself. It is easy enough on occasion.

ZM

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:40 am 

Piratefan13, I'll forever think of Bill Mazeroski anytime I see your posts. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:12 am 

Ollie,

I am in the process of finding a better Maz picture... the Bucco logo could be temporary.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:27 am 

How come the avatar size is limited?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:56 am 

Piratefan13 wrote:
How come the avatar size is limited?

To prevent a person from picking an avatar that dominates the webspace. Large avatars are kinda obnoxious.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:20 pm 

Yah you mean those avatars with bouncing elephants... Ahhh I will admit, I liked the bouncing elephant, I would constantly watch to see if the elephant would land awkwardly, just once. He never did, so perfect in his approach, landing, and subsequent sprining forth. Ahh much can be learned from the elephant, his fundamentals were sound, his production was flawless, and a tireless work ethic could single-trunkedly change the atmosphere of a club.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:23 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
Yah you mean those avatars with bouncing elephants... Ahhh I will admit, I liked the bouncing elephant, I would constantly watch to see if the elephant would land awkwardly, just once. He never did, so perfect in his approach, landing, and subsequent sprining forth. Ahh much can be learned from the elephant, his fundamentals were sound, his production was flawless, and a tireless work ethic could single-trunkedly change the atmosphere of a club.

:lol: :lol:

Thank you. You provided me with a much needed laugh before my Evidence exam tonight. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:38 pm 

Glad to be of some assistance...

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:12 pm 

Bucfan wrote:

Thank you for your restraint, lol.