Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 7-1-08 Pirates at Cincinnati Reds
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:19 am 

Ralphie wrote:
Yes, Russell is such a genius that he keeps running Sanchez and his .229 rally-killing batting average out in the 2 hole. That guy should be batting 10th.

Guess you weren't a fan of his 2 strike bunt attempt that went foul then? Or his .258 OBP? Or his deplorable 36 runs scored for a number two hitter?

Bautista to second, Minky/Gomez (depending on the pitcher) to third. If only for a short shake-up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:35 am 

Ralphie wrote:
Yes, Russell is such a genius that he keeps running Sanchez and his .229 rally-killing batting average out in the 2 hole. That guy should be batting 10th.

10th, You're being nice...

At this point he should be batting 25th or even 26th?...I wonder if he can get some sort of weird injury before todays game, so he can go on the DL?

They had Doug Meint. taking reps at 2nd base this spring, lets see what he can do there

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:41 am 

nad69dan wrote:
They had Doug Meint. taking reps at 2nd base this spring, lets see what he can do there

Hell, put Maholm out there for that matter, he at least can draw walks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:26 am 
nad69dan wrote:
Ralphie wrote:

10th, You're being nice...

At this point he should be batting 25th or even 26th?...I wonder if he can get some sort of weird injury before todays game, so he can go on the DL?

He doesn't even need a "weird" injury. He's had shoulder issues all year. I think that might be a big factor in these struggles.

I think you can get by with Gomez/Rivas/Doug M at 2nd for a while. It's not like production will fall off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:48 am 

I agree. At what point do you let him play through what is now way beyond a slump. I really hop that the All-Star Break does him good, and he comes back and hits .325 in the second half. My goodness, he's hitting 80 points below where he should be. He just has NO plate discipline at all, something I didn't notice when he hit .344. So many one-handed, flailing swings...Sheesh!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:37 pm 

Freddy is also hitting a lot of popups and weak fly balls, like he's trying to hit home runs or something. He needs to stop trying to kill it and just hit some line drives.

They should put me out there to show him how.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:44 pm 

Seriously, for now I would just put Wilson in the 2 hole and let Freddy bat eighth. If he still can't turn it around after a week or so, I'd give Gomez (the single machine) some starts at second.

I do like Monkeywick in the lineup though. He's a pretty good hitter plus his attitude is a real asset.