Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Minor League Baseball
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:22 pm 

old juan wrote:
I have been to two other Frontier leauge parks. I saw the now defunct Johnstown Johnnies. The stadium in Johnstown needed fixed bad. It could of been great but they let it fall apart. So the Johnnies moved out. I read where they rebuilt it and A.A.U. games are played there.

Being from Johnstown, yes the stadium needed fixed...Its pretty much a whole new stadium, but they did it in sections so they could call it a remodeling project...which cost PA tax payers around $8 Million...

As for the Johnnies...The owner, wasn't being the bills to the city for renting the stadium and the concession stands

plus fans were upset there was no 4th of July Fireworks the one year, which included free admission to a day-night double header with the fireworks to follow, but both games went 15 innings each and was a 2 or 3 hour rain delay inbetween games, and once the 2nd game ended it was around 1am, and ordinance laws would not allow the Fireworks...

People and their fireworks...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

Post subject: Re: Minor League Baseball
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:33 pm 

BBF wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:
I am curious about the frontier league park used in Slippery Rock. Anyone been there ? How is the park?

Haven't been there, but I thought they were playing at the University's field. I think they only did that because some other franchise folded and they needed to field a team and needed a place to play. I was also under the impression that the team was temporary until they got one in another market, unless the SR area was able to draw well enough.

The Slippery Rock Sliders where one year and done. So if you missed them last year like I did, you anit gonna see them.The Sliders are a permanent road team in the Frontier leauge. They are now the Mid-West Sliders