Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bucs and Birds, 6-14
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:21 pm 

%$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team is a disgrace. Another night completely wasted.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:23 pm 

I'm changing my Avatar to this sinking Pirate ship in honor of this stinking team. :x :D

Let's Go Bucs Down With The Ship!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:31 pm 

If I'm John Russell, I'm fighting the temptation to go ballistic on these clowns. Get in someone's face. Pull a McLaren and spew obscenities into the postgame interview microphone. Overturn the postgame spread so that it's all over the floor.

But he won't. He'll say in the papers tomorrow that Capps and Grabow just weren't hitting their spots. Or something.

Sigh.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:44 pm 

There, much better. A nice Pirate ship sinking for my Avatar. :)
Let's Go Bucs and lose tomorrow. You guys wouldn't want to spoil a sweep by the Orioles would you? Screw all the Pirate Nation fans who care about this team.......right? :x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:02 am 

In both of these games so far with the Orioles, they have more hits than the Pirates. More of their starting position players have contributed to their run-scoring. With the Pirates, Doumit and McLouth have no hits in both games, and in the first game Bautista, LaRoche, Doumit and McLouth did not have one hit.

The Orioles are getting the hits to win the games and their pitching is doing a better job of shutting down more Pirates than our pitching is doing shutting down more Orioles.

Plain and simple. The Pirates are choking and the Orioles are not.

Seems to me the Pirates will get destroyed if they get into slugging contests with these AL teams. And so far we've only played Baltimore! Geesh! Our pitching is going to have to save the day against these AL teams. If they don't, I'll be surprised if the Pirates win any of these Interleague games.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:56 am 

Sounds like I picked another good game to ignore. Fathers Day will be spent doing the same. I think I'll take the boys to see the Titanic exhibit at the Carnegie Science Center instead.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:03 am 

Sounds like a great idea SA. I have all kinds of books and videos of the Titanic and also the 3 foot model of it which I hand painted. Have been a big student of the ship and the disaster my entire life. I should get my butt down there to check out the exhibit!

Kind of appropriate don't you think. The Titanic in Pittsburgh as the Pirate ship sinks below the waves to join it? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:43 am 

BBF wrote:
McLouth CF
Sanchez-2B
Bay-LF
Doumit-C
Nady-RF
Laroche-DH
Doug-1B
Bautista-3B
Wilson-SS

Well, Bautista, Sanchez, and Laroche are all in the lineup, which means I'm staying the hell away from the message board for the rest of the night. I even heard the 3 of them were conspiring to cause global warming.

So Bautista, Sanchez and LaRoche all hit bombs and the Pirates still lose. You gotta love baseball, even when it drives you up a wall. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:49 am 

bassoondirector wrote:
In both of these games so far with the Orioles, they have more hits than the Pirates. More of their starting position players have contributed to their run-scoring. With the Pirates, Doumit and McLouth have no hits in both games, and in the first game Bautista, LaRoche, Doumit and McLouth did not have one hit.

I know that LaRoche is the anti-Christ and all, but isn't it a bit harsh to criticize him for going hitless in a game he spent on the bench? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:54 am 

sisyphus wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:

I know that LaRoche is the anti-Christ and all, but isn't it a bit harsh to criticize him for going hitless in a game he spent on the bench? :lol:

Ya beat me to it, sisy.

Of course, I hope everyone realizes that if Laroche would have hit a 6 run homer last night instead of just a 2 run shot, we would have won! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:01 am 

BBF wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
bassoondirector wrote:

Ya beat me to it, sisy.

Of course, I hope everyone realizes that if Laroche would have hit a 6 run homer last night instead of just a 2 run shot, we would have won! :lol:

How un-clutch can you get?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:08 pm 

Sisyphus wrote:
I know that LaRoche is the anti-Christ and all, but isn't it a bit harsh to criticize him for going hitless in a game he spent on the bench?

BBF wrote:
Ya beat me to it, sisy.

Of course, I hope everyone realizes that if Laroche would have hit a 6 run homer last night instead of just a 2 run shot, we would have won!

Yep, my mistake. Mr. LaRoche was on the Bench for the first game.
A hilarious mistake brilliantly pointed out by two people who don't make mistakes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:47 pm 

bassoondirector wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:
I know that LaRoche is the anti-Christ and all, but isn't it a bit harsh to criticize him for going hitless in a game he spent on the bench?

BBF wrote:
Ya beat me to it, sisy.

Of course, I hope everyone realizes that if Laroche would have hit a 6 run homer last night instead of just a 2 run shot, we would have won!

Yep, my mistake. Mr. LaRoche was on the Bench for the first game.
A hilarious mistake brilliantly pointed out by two people who don't make mistakes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're right, I don't make mistakes. When I do something wrong the word "mistake" just doesn't go far enough to cover it. "Major screw up" is more like it. "Tragic miscalculation" might cover it. Maybe "epic blunder".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:53 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
You're right, I don't make mistakes. When I do something wrong the word "mistake" just doesn't go far enough to cover it. "Major screw up" is more like it. "Tragic miscalculation" might cover it. Maybe "epic blunder".

Yep, I'm the same way. When I screw up, everyone knows it. :)