Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Okay Mr. Nutting..........
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:14 pm 

Now What?

Post subject: Re: Okay Mr. Nutting..........
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:24 pm 

Henry Clay Sr. wrote:
Now What?

Dear Mr Clay Sr

I could not be in a better position. Our payroll will be about half of where it has been in years past. Instead of being a bottom 5 payroll why not be the lowest or next to lowest payroll? I expect a slight drop in our attendance but it will not be much of a factor with our lower debt. We'll continue to spin how we are building from the bottom up with the best management team in baseball. If it works and we have a winning team great. If not, so what.. I profit either way. You see Mr Clay Jr, my business will profit win or lose. Our marketing team does an outstanding job with the promotions and we have enough of a fan base that will support us no matter how poor the on field results may be. Dont you wish you could be rewarded to produce a sub standard product and profit from it?

Thank you for your support

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:29 pm 

Dear Mr. Nutting:

Thank you so much for your courteous and thoughtful reply. I fully understand now, and I do applaud you sir.

I have to admire your stalwart ownership of a major league baseball franchise, where you will make money, no matter what happens on the field.

Best Wishes
Henry Clay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:41 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:42 pm 

VanSlick wrote:

I am curious. Are you saying I am wrong or are you saying or the other poster is wrong? Or are we not supposed to question this ownership who has rolled the dice once again, getting us to belive in some mythical future and every single day, watches as it slides further and further away, leaving us in a worse position than when we started this year?

Please enlighten us without any witty stick figure cartoons please.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:21 am 

Henry Clay Sr. wrote:

I am curious. Are you saying I am wrong or are you saying or the other poster is wrong? Or are we not supposed to question this ownership who has rolled the dice once again, getting us to belive in some mythical future and every single day, watches as it slides further and further away, leaving us in a worse position than when we started this year?

Please enlighten us without any witty stick figure cartoons please.

I'm confused. You say that this ownership has rolled the dice "once again" but Wiki says that this ownership just took control of the team in 2007. Is Wiki wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Nutting

Which "rolls of the dice" did you not approve of? The Bay trade looks like a bit of a letdown, but the Nady trade looks like a stroke of genius. Every other trade that this ownership has made is either a big win for us (Nyjer for Lastings) or way too early to tell.

However, I may be wrong.
After all, everyone wants to be like you, sir.

See.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:23 am 

Henry,

My cartoon was a depiction of what I imagine Estrago's life to be. Every time anyone mentions Nutting in a negative way, Estrago gets a hard on. Every time someone defends the ownership, Estrago gets a hard on and acts like the cartoon. Well, presuming there is a Mrs Estrago that isn't inflatable.

In a "nuttingshell", we are bored to tears with his Nutting obsession.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:27 am 

VanSlick wrote:
Henry,

My cartoon was a depiction of what I imagine Estrago's life to be. Every time anyone mentions Nutting in a negative way, Estrago gets a hard on. Every time someone defends the ownership, Estrago gets a hard on and acts like the cartoon. Well, presuming there is a Mrs Estrago that isn't inflatable.

In a "nuttingshell", we are bored to tears with his Nutting obsession.

Is-Zack-Lee correct :!: