Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:01 am 
Offline
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:59 am
Posts: 385
Location: Elizabeth, PA
Quote:
Dumatrait makes another rehab start
Yesterday at 9:25pm

LHP Phil Dumatrait made his fifth rehab start -- second with Triple-A Indianapolis -- on Tuesday. It could very well be the final rehab start before Dumatrait comes off the disabled list. Because he is out of options, Dumatrait is expected to go straight to Pittsburgh, where he almost certainly will join the bullpen.

In his start on Tuesday, Dumatrait pitched six innings, allowing six hits and one run. He walked one and struck out four. Dumatrait threw 96 pitches (his highest pitch count yet) and 61 for strikes.

Overall, Dumatrait threw 24 innings in his five rehab starts. He allowed a total of 12 earned runs, six walks and struck out 14.

There is a chance that Dumatrait could make one more rehab appearance before coming off the DL. Management has not yet announced its immediate plans for the lefty.

Follow me on Twitter: @LangoschMLB


Looks like the along awaited return of Phil Dumatrait will be coming up very soon. Who should he replace in the bullpen? Will he ever be a starter again?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:07 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
I'm on record saying that Dumatrait has been overvalued by those who are counting on him to provide anything.

Hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2176
BBF wrote:
I'm on record saying that Dumatrait has been overvalued by those who are counting on him to provide anything.

Hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.


Ditto...never impressed me in the least.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:26 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Well, he'll be a lefty in the pen...

Some good days, some bad days.

Certainly no worse than the pen has been the last couple weeks.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 429
Location: Rural Ridge, PA
I'll take any lefty we can get right now as well. Hopefully he can work with Meek as a setup option or our lefty specialist. Lefties' average against him is somewhat encouraging at .263, but their OBP is an uncool .372. His strikeout to walk ratio is not so encourageing against lefties or righties.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
urbanexplorer wrote:
I'll take any lefty we can get right now as well. Hopefully he can work with Meek as a setup option or our lefty specialist. Lefties' average against him is somewhat encouraging at .263, but their OBP is an uncool .372. His strikeout to walk ratio is not so encourageing against lefties or righties.


I have to agree with some of you and disagree with others. We need Phil Dumatrait right now. Are bullpen is at a season worst right now and any kind of help will be huge, and especially a lefty.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:04 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:59 am
Posts: 498
urbanexplorer wrote:
I'll take any lefty we can get right now as well. Hopefully he can work with Meek as a setup option or our lefty specialist. Lefties' average against him is somewhat encouraging at .263, but their OBP is an uncool .372. His strikeout to walk ratio is not so encourageing against lefties or righties.


I'm with you on the lefty specialist. Are those stats from his rehab assignment, last year, or career?

Sounds like Meek's done for the year with an oblique strain. Dumatrait's return will probably mean a trip back to Indy for Jackson or Bootcheck.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 429
Location: Rural Ridge, PA
That's career MLB numbers. Maybe I should have included Minors as well, because it's not that large of a sample size, especially against lefties. I didn't realize a little while before I wrote that Meek went on the DL.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:46 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
PirateParrot wrote:
BBF wrote:
I'm on record saying that Dumatrait has been overvalued by those who are counting on him to provide anything.

Hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.


Ditto...never impressed me in the least.


Man, the two people who posted this must be geniuses! :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Phil Dumatrait
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:10 pm
Posts: 2176
BBF wrote:
PirateParrot wrote:
BBF wrote:
I'm on record saying that Dumatrait has been overvalued by those who are counting on him to provide anything.

Hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.


Ditto...never impressed me in the least.


Man, the two people who posted this must be geniuses! :lol:


Clearly...we just hide it really well!!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Substitute2, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits