It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ZVR signed
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:48 am 

per Perrotto...1.2M

http://www.piratesreport.com/page/conte ... 01400.html

Post subject: Re: ZVR signed
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:48 am 

Well we got 4 of the big 5. Now if we sign Cooper we get all of them.
ZVR will already be in our top 10 prospects. Great draft strategy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:09 am 

to paraphrase willton...

YAAAYYYYYYY!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:04 pm 

I just posted on another thread that was about this draft. YAAAYYYYYYYY
:D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:22 pm 

From my reading, he's the one we wanted to complete the high school part of the draft. Most had plans of college ball before Pirates offered above, repeat above slot.

I had originally been skeptical of the Sanchez pick in the first round. I was wrong. I now see the strategy and they weren't just saying that stuff about going after some high end young pitching.

I'm getting excited.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:29 pm 

Code:
PITTSBURGH
Rank Player Pos. Class B-T HT WT High School Hometown Commitment Birthdate
175. Zach Von Rosenberg RHP Sr. R-R 6-5 205 Zachary Zachary, La. Louisiana State 9/24/1990
SCOUTING PROFILE (3/1): Performance and projection are what scouts like most about the 6-foot-5 Von Rosenberg. He has been the dominant pitcher in Louisiana the past three seasons, helping pitch two different schools to a combined three state championships (5-A Barbe High in 2006, 4-A Zachary High the past two seasons) while starting at shortstop when not on the mound. Von Rosenberg has also thrown shutouts in the past two state-championship games. His records since his freshman year are 10-1, 1.30; 9-4, 1.84 and 12-1, 0.49, all while batting over .400. As a junior, he walked just 12 while striking out 119 in 80 innings. He also hit .394 with two homers. Von Rosenberg is not an especially hard thrower, pitching mostly at 88 mph and touching 91 occasionally. He has excellent command of his fastball, though, and gets plenty of late life on the pitch. His best secondary pitch is a very deceptive changeup, and he throws a big, sweeping mid-70s slurve as his breaking pitch. Von Rosenberg's delivery is easy, repeatable and effortless, leading scouts to believe that there is plenty more velocity in his arm as he gets stronger and moves away from playing shortstop-and even the football field, where he was an all-state punter in high school.--DAVID RAWNSLEY
UPDATE (5/15): Von Rosenberg finished off an unprecedented four-year run with his fourth consecutive Louisiana state championship, leading appropriately-named Zachary High to the 4-A title. Von Rosenberg beat top-seeded Sam Houston High 5-2 in the clincher, striking out 11 and throwing a five-hitter. By going 11-1, 0.60 as a senior, he finished his high-school career with a combined 41-6 record-and the rare distinction of starting and winning all four championship games. He also struck out 141 in 93 innings this season, while walking just 18. For added measure, he hit .489-10-45. For a prospect who often pitches at 86-88 mph and rarely flashes a plus pitch, Von Rosenberg gets tremendous respect from the scouting community. His delivery is flawless, and he has command and feel with all three of his pitches. There is some concern that Von Rosenberg will have to improve his breaking ball in order to excel at the next level. He tends to get under the pitch from a lower release point, and relies on the pitch's location rather than its plane and bite-something that won't work as effectively at the next level.--DR

http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/articles/ ... ticle=1578

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:49 pm 

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop stealing my thunder, guys. :lol: