Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spring training 2010, the state of the team address .
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:33 am 

At the first formal meeting next year in spring training, what is going to be the FO"s address to the team gonna be like?.

I imagine that BN/FC/NH doctrine will just stress to everyone assembled, that they are not to blame for 17 losing seasons, because pretty much the entire roster were only in 1st or 2nd grade when it began.

The latino players?, who knows how old they are, but i am sure they will be all be at league minimum , or slightly higer.

That will be a HUGE monkey off the back for the 2010 squad, and anyone else who will play for the the Pirates major league version of SLOT.

Last edited by palushock on Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Spring training 2010, the state of the team address .
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:36 am 

palushock wrote:
At the first formal meeting next year in spring training, what is going to be the FO"s address to the team gonna be like?.

I imagine that FC will just tell everyone that they are not to blame for 17 losing seasons, because most of them were only in 1st or 2nd grade when it began.

That will be a HUGE relief to the 2010 squad!!!

It's kind of a valid point.
The weight of these 17 seasons does not fall on a bunch of guys who were in the first or second grade when it started.
It's funny that you are at your most logical when you are not intending to be logical.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:40 am 

JimY wrote:
palushock wrote:

I imagine that FC will just tell everyone that they are not to blame for 17 losing seasons, because most of them were only in 1st or 2nd grade when it began.

The weight of these 17 seasons does not fall on a bunch of guys who were in the first or second grade when it started.
It's funny that you are at your most logical when you are not intending to be logical.

I would resent that, but i feel i am always logical.
Maybe i am just on another, higher tangent, than most posters/commentators.
Hope there are no hard feelings.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:44 am 

like 08?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08052/859301-100.stm

Quote:
"I hope that they can see in the year that's gone by the real changes we've put in place," Nutting said. "We're committed to being a first-class organization, from the new leadership team to the new coaching staff to the tools we're giving them to succeed. And now, really, the responsibility, the accountability, is shifting onto the field. It's time for everyone to perform."

Nutting was asked if he expects the Pirates, despite a relatively inactive offseason and a $50 million payroll that again will rank among the lowest in Major League Baseball, to contend in 2008.

"I certainly believe that," he replied. "

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 am 

JimY wrote:
palushock wrote:

Jim what is more funny is you believe being logical is calling out people and posting pictures of care bears! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:14 am 

"We have a 15-year stretch that we can't dwell on," owner Bob Nutting said afterward. "For most of our history, the Pittsburgh Pirates have been a tremendous, respected franchise, with players who were proud to wear the uniform, who had an expectation of excellence. I believe we're in a position now to begin that executi

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08052/85 ... z0MiURrIIV

The only thing Nutting will change is the 15 to a 17
The rest of his statement will be exactly the same, word for word.

WORD!