Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
I just thought this deserved its own thread because it blew the previous record out of the water. I couldn't believe it went unmentioned.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7254
I believe at the time of the Craig Wilson trade a few years ago, the count was up over 100...close to 120 I believe...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
nad69dan wrote:
I believe at the time of the Craig Wilson trade a few years ago, the count was up over 100...close to 120 I believe...


Wow i think soon, but if not this year for sure next year that we will get back over that 100 user mark.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
Actually, if all the PM's I am getting reflect anything, its that many people are wont to post less often or leave the board thanks to some of the garbage on here lately.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4882
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
BBF wrote:
Actually, if all the PM's I am getting reflect anything, its that many people are wont to post less often or leave the board thanks to some of the garbage on here lately.


Ding ding ding!

_________________
#7 Baylor Bears (3-0) at Iowa State Cyclones (1-2)
Jack Trice Stadium
September 27, 2014
7:00 PM CST
FOX


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
IA Pirate wrote:
BBF wrote:
Actually, if all the PM's I am getting reflect anything, its that many people are wont to post less often or leave the board thanks to some of the garbage on here lately.


Ding ding ding!


I don't understand why people let stuff bother them so much. In every aspect of life there are people that you wont get along with. I think there are probably 30+ people around here that have a great relationship with others on the board and i don't think we should let the 3-5 people that don't try to get along with others get to them, because that is what they are trying to do. Who's board was this first?
It was your guys board not theirs.
To me that is like leaving your own house because one of your family members has somebody over that you don't like.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:40 pm
Posts: 703
Location: Boston
Great point Colin22 :)

_________________
Yinzers uber alles


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
Colin21 wrote:

I don't understand why people let stuff bother them so much. In every aspect of life there are people that you wont get along with. I think there are probably 30+ people around here that have a great relationship with others on the board and i don't think we should let the 3-5 people that don't try to get along with others get to them, because that is what they are trying to do. Who's board was this first?
It was your guys board not theirs.
To me that is like leaving your own house because one of your family members has somebody over that you don't like.


Colin-

I wish it were that simple. But when every thread gets hijacked by their drivel, its rather hard to carry on an actual discussion, don't you agree? Its not about letting it bother us so much as it is prohibiting logical discourse.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 1296
Location: Bowie, Md
Colin21 wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:
BBF wrote:
Actually, if all the PM's I am getting reflect anything, its that many people are wont to post less often or leave the board thanks to some of the garbage on here lately.


Ding ding ding!


I don't understand why people let stuff bother them so much. In every aspect of life there are people that you wont get along with. I think there are probably 30+ people around here that have a great relationship with others on the board and i don't think we should let the 3-5 people that don't try to get along with others get to them, because that is what they are trying to do. Who's board was this first?
It was your guys board not theirs.
To me that is like leaving your own house because one of your family members has somebody over that you don't like.

Thats not the problem Colin, the problem is that its the SAME stuff over and over, always labeled something different. You put together a well thought out and factually based argument that barely gets read. There can't be a debate unless both sides view the material and discuss the options. I hate to always use Wilton here as a reference but he and I don't agree on everything, our debates gets heated but I have respect for him and his opinions because he provides facts that back up his opinions. I may not agree with his opinions, but I DO respect them. Same with Sisyphus, he can debate with the best, with well thought out arguments and properly referenced. I cannot respect someone who readily takes articles and quotes out of context to "build a case" for their argument. I have a quote from the Pirates official site that clearly indicates Nutting taking over managing interest in the team in 2007, and I have copy and pasted that very quote numerous times to certain posters on this board to no avail. They still blame Nutting for all 17 years of losing. I'll even forward you a copy so you can keep it on file for yourself.

Bottom line is, I like the mix of ages here on this site, some young, some old (I think Substitute is our oldest at 35, right Sub ;) ), I especially like the infusion of youth such as yourself, bringing a new passion to a sport and team that I have loved for over 30 years. But what I also like is the somewhat respectful manner (someone used a local bar crowd as an example) that is maintained throughout. I can get heated myself, but I am quick to apologize for any bad behavior (Ask Wilton and Sisyphus).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:33 pm
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
I understand what you mean now BBF and Piratefan. I do see alot of posters that didn't bring anything good to the plate starting to really get involved in good conversation and not just hijacking. I don't mean to name any name either but Ryann had been a member alittle longer than i had, but he didn't post very much. When he did start posting alot he brought the dribble of how alot of younger people my age feel towards the Pirates about the salary dumps and blaming everything on the current administration. Now i feel Ryann is morphing into a decent poster who doesn't hijack thread anymore with salary dump and things like that.
There are those here that wont change how they post like how Rod Serling did. It wasn't Rod's opinion of the Pirates that got him booted it was how we could be talking about that days current game and he would show up and start with the " all we ever do is salary dump, i don't know why i or anybody else watches this".
Alot of the newer posters believe that there opinions don't get counted because everyone else here is an "apologist", when in reality it is that their opinions are often out of place. Don't bring what you have to say about how the Pirates are being run to a topic about something totally different. Time will come when you can get your point across.
I have argued with plenty around here and even gone as far as embarrassed myself with what i have said.
I do though have a certain respect for Estrago that alot around here don't and that is because when i first game around in May or June of 2008 Elmer pretty much told me to get lost and that i wasn't wanted. At the time Estrago(BH) told me to stick around and don't let Elmer get to me. If it wasn't for that i probably would have taken Elmer's welcome as how i would've been treated by everyone and i probably would have left the board. I love this board and i don't want to see the long time poster that i love to hear what they have to write and those of who i learn alot from leave because of the "trolls".


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits