Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1328
DK Tweets: #Pirates paying all but $400,000 of each of Wilson, Snell salaries rest of this season


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 pm
Posts: 792
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
I'll miss Jack. He left us with a couple of great plays this week. But we did try to keep him a Pirate...deal was turned down...so we get a bunch of players. No matter if Snell does ANYTHING anywhere else. He was DONE in Pittsburgh. I feel pretty good about it. Hate to say it... but Sanchez is next.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm
Posts: 1359
No question Sanchez is next...it will be announced right after the game.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1328
Mariner GM says:

Quote:
"As we move forward over the next few years it is nice to know that we have solidified the shortstop position."


So, I guess that means they're exercising the $8.4M option?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
I hope Clement can play 1st or something because he has had knee problems. Also i wish we had got a high risk short stop in the deal instead of 4 pitchers. I like getting Clement, but i don't know how long he can last behind the plate.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
bradf wrote:
No question Sanchez is next...it will be announced right after the game.


I tend to agree.

I'm actually ecstatic that it is happening today. I won't have computer access Friday and was really bummed that I would miss the trading deadline.

And now the Phils get Cliff Lee...very active day!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:23 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Colin21 wrote:
I hope Clement can play 1st or something because he has had knee problems. Also i wish we had got a high risk short stop in the deal instead of 4 pitchers. I like getting Clement, but i don't know how long he can last behind the plate.

Well I think he can get to like pnc park hitting wise.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1328
Jonathan Mayo Tweets: FYI: Jeff Clement had been catching bullpens and was going to head back behind plate in game action soon; will Buccos use him there?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:25 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
My guess is that either Clement or Doumit plays 1st, depending on who is the worse catcher.

Steve Pearce's "extended look" just got a lot shorter.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 68
Location: State College, PA
I say there's no way Clement actually gets behind the plate. No reason to replace Doumit, and no reason to risk injury with a prospect.

Any rumors on where Sanchez might be heading?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:30 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
burghermeister wrote:
DK Tweets: #Pirates paying all but $400,000 of each of Wilson, Snell salaries rest of this season


So what does that mean in dollars terms? Jack is making $7.25 million this year and Snell is making $3 million. If salaries are paid on a calendar year, we're on the hook for about $5.2 million.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4166
Location: Zelienople, PA
Argentum wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
DK Tweets: #Pirates paying all but $400,000 of each of Wilson, Snell salaries rest of this season


So what does that mean in dollars terms? Jack is making $7.25 million this year and Snell is making $3 million. If salaries are paid on a calendar year, we're on the hook for about $5.2 million.


Pro-rate it over the course of the season, I believe.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:32 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
yeknom02 wrote:
I say there's no way Clement actually gets behind the plate. No reason to replace Doumit, and no reason to risk injury with a prospect.

Any rumors on where Sanchez might be heading?

Sanfran is still the favorite but teams are worried about his health.

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:34 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:22 pm
Posts: 2495
ZelieMike wrote:
Argentum wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
DK Tweets: #Pirates paying all but $400,000 of each of Wilson, Snell salaries rest of this season


So what does that mean in dollars terms? Jack is making $7.25 million this year and Snell is making $3 million. If salaries are paid on a calendar year, we're on the hook for about $5.2 million.


Pro-rate it over the course of the season, I believe.

ZM


I believe ball players are paid on a calendar year but could be wrong. My math:

((7.25+3.00)/12)*7

Then back out $800k (the amount Seattle is paying)

Edited to add that even if it's seasonal pay, the numbers should work out about the same given we are slightly past the halfway point from a seasonal and a yearly perspective.


Last edited by Argentum on Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
This might be mean but because of the lies i believe Jack tried to tell to make himself still look like he was the good guy when we were trying to resign him, i hope the Mariners finish below .500 so Jack wont have ever been on a .500 team. Right now they are .520


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Something else. I heard Clement was the only player headed to AAA, and the rest are going to single A. What i don't understand is that i hope Cedeno isn't listed in that mix. He should be brough to the major league club as soon as possible, because i don't want to see Bixler get called up again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1328
Colin21 wrote:
Something else. I heard Clement was the only player headed to AAA, and the rest are going to single A. What i don't understand is that i hope Cedeno isn't listed in that mix. He should be brough to the major league club as soon as possible, because i don't want to see Bixler get called up again.

Cedeno's taking Wilson's roster spot on major league club.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:49 pm
Posts: 68
Location: State College, PA
Colin21 wrote:
Something else. I heard Clement was the only player headed to AAA, and the rest are going to single A. What i don't understand is that i hope Cedeno isn't listed in that mix. He should be brough to the major league club as soon as possible, because i don't want to see Bixler get called up again.
All sources I've seen say that Cedeno is going to start in Pittsburgh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
burghermeister wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Something else. I heard Clement was the only player headed to AAA, and the rest are going to single A. What i don't understand is that i hope Cedeno isn't listed in that mix. He should be brough to the major league club as soon as possible, because i don't want to see Bixler get called up again.

Cedeno's taking Wilson's roster spot on major league club.


Ok good, i was just making sure.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Jack to Mariners
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4885
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
CELEBRATE!

This trade is absolutely, unquestionably outstanding! Like someone said earlier, I would have taken Clement straight up for Wilson and Snell. Clement will more than likely play 1st and be a backup catcher. I haven't had time to digest this and really take a look but this deal is AMAZING!

_________________
#7 Baylor Bears (3-0) at Iowa State Cyclones (1-2)
Jack Trice Stadium
September 27, 2014
7:00 PM CST
FOX


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits