Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: When?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:36 am 

TheShark wrote:
Monumental differences between those numbers, enough to consider one "easily" the biggest dead weight. :roll:

And I'm guessing your satisfied with the play of both LaRoche and Paulino currently/this season?

Heck no, I'm not, but I don't see Paulino or LaRoche at the top of the order. In fact, you might not even be seeing Paulino's name on the roster after this weekend. I'm not suggesting that Russell bench Sanchez. Just drop him down in the order until he heats up, just as he dropped LaRoche down back in April. I don't think that Sanchez is a terrible hitter, but he's a terrible hitter right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:41 am 

Sanchez should hit 7th tonight, with Chavez 8th. When Doumit comes back, I'd put Freddy 8th.

He'll eventually revert to form, but he can do that without killing the offense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:59 am 

Ralphie wrote:
Sanchez should hit 7th tonight, with Chavez 8th. When Doumit comes back, I'd put Freddy 8th.

He'll eventually revert to form, but he can do that without killing the offense.

I wouldn't drop Freddy into the 8th spot. He'd see nothing but bouncing breaking balls there.

Come to think of it, maybe that would be a good thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 am 

You guys are being a bit harsh on Freddy. All he needs to do is make an equipment change. I can't confirm it, but rumor has it that a mysterious box was delivered to PNC lastnight. It contains the answer to all his batting problems.

Inside the box was a........

........wait for it.......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 am 

Argentum wrote:
You guys are being a bit harsh on Freddy. All he needs to do is make an equipment change. I can't confirm it, but rumor has it that a mysterious box was delivered to PNC lastnight. It contains the answer to all his batting problems.

The first time I used a Big Bertha I knew that the game of golf had been ruined by technology. I wish that the PGA would mandate a return to steel shafts and wooden club heads.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:33 am 

They hinted last week that when Doumit returns that he would return to the four spot in the line up, and that Wilson would return to his normal position near the bottom.
That tells me that their thinking is that Freddy will be 2nd after Nate and Bay will move to the 3 spot.

Nate
Freddy
Bay
Doumit
Nady
LaRoche
Batista
Wilson
Pitcher

That's my guess. And BTW Freddy is going to be fine guys (about a $10.00 fine) just relax and as AZ suggests find us some SP's.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:52 am 

Substitute2 wrote:
They hinted last week that when Doumit returns that he would return to the four spot in the line up, and that Wilson would return to his normal position near the bottom.
That tells me that their thinking is that Freddy will be 2nd after Nate and Bay will move to the 3 spot.

Nate
Freddy
Bay
Doumit
Nady
LaRoche
Batista
Wilson
Pitcher

That's my guess. And BTW Freddy is going to be fine guys (about a $10.00 fine) just relax and as AZ suggests find us some SP's.

I know he's going to be fine. Bat him seventh until he is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:09 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
The first time I used a Big Bertha I knew that the game of golf had been ruined by technology. I wish that the PGA would mandate a return to steel shafts and wooden club heads.

I still use the original Big Bertha. I can't get over how much bigger the newer ones are compared to the original. It would be interesting to see how far Woods could drive a ball using a steel shafted persimmon club.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:56 pm 

Argentum wrote:
sisyphus wrote:

I still use the original Big Bertha. I can't get over how much bigger the newer ones are compared to the original. It would be interesting to see how far Woods could drive a ball using a steel shafted persimmon club.

My guess is that it would still be quite a distance. The biggest change I noted with the new technology is that it seemed to benefit short hitters a lot more than it did long hitters. I think that's because the new clubs have much bigger sweet spots. A guy who is a big hitter is already hitting the sweet spot most of the time. He's still gaining distance, but the effect isn't as pronounced as it is for the lightweight hitter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:42 pm 

I like to play golf but don't have the time or sometimes energy. I played two weeks ago with my partner at school and he let me hit his "giant" club. Don't remember the brand or such. Took a pretty good, low and slow rip and hit the bejeezuz out of it. I don;t even hit my own driver opting for the 3 wood, a tiny, by comparison, honest to God wood. Of course I wouldn't pay 300 bills for one club either. I guess I will just stick with my 25 year old 1200LT's and my equally aged Golden Bear irons. I don't even like Jack Nicklaus. In fact I find him a displeasing sort.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:26 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
I like to play golf but don't have the time or sometimes energy. I played two weeks ago with my partner at school and he let me hit his "giant" club. Don't remember the brand or such. Took a pretty good, low and slow rip and hit the bejeezuz out of it. I don;t even hit my own driver opting for the 3 wood, a tiny, by comparison, honest to God wood. Of course I wouldn't pay 300 bills for one club either. I guess I will just stick with my 25 year old 1200LT's and my equally aged Golden Bear irons. I don't even like Jack Nicklaus. In fact I find him a displeasing sort.

Keep plugging away with those clubs. My clubs consist of a set of $50 K-Mart clubs (came with a bag, a packet of tees, and three balls, lol), except for the driver. I exploded the original driver, but a friend was kind enough to give me an old Big Bertha that he didn't like. I have managed to explode the clubhead of 8 different woods over the past thirty years, and I don't really play that much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:19 pm 

As Michael Jordan's minor league baseball career was showcased in the classic film Space Jam, "Baseball bat? Get this guy a tennis racket!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:40 pm 

TheShark wrote:
As Michael Jordan's minor league baseball career was showcased in the classic film Space Jam . . .

Something that has never been said before, and will never be stated again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:06 am 

Bucfan wrote:
TheShark wrote:
As Michael Jordan's minor league baseball career was showcased in the classic film Space Jam . . .

Something that has never been said before, and will never be stated again.

Oh c'mon. Space Jam is a classic example of a movie that's so bad that it's good!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:18 am 

TheShark wrote:
Oh c'mon. Space Jam is a classic example of a movie that's so bad that it's good!

So, it's "Plan 9 From Outer Space" good??