Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone get free ducats?????????????
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:57 pm 

Just curious. Mrs. AZBF still thinks the team should pay each ticket holder 3 Bucks since it went over. Wouldn't that be great. I suggested a 3 dollar chit for concessions. I like the they pay us deal.....

Post subject: Re: Anyone get free ducats?????????????
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:00 pm 

How about they pay us, and we in turn have to give back one of our 367 bobble-heads -- Maybe the Jim Tracy one. Did they have one of those for the great Dodger Manager?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Just curious. Mrs. AZBF still thinks the team should pay each ticket holder 3 Bucks since it went over. Wouldn't that be great. I suggested a 3 dollar chit for concessions. I like the they pay us deal.....

I was in the "virtual waiting room" for thirty minutes, finally scoring eight seats in section 105. Now, what to do about the Pens game?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:47 pm 

Rotten_Scoundrel wrote:
I was in the "virtual waiting room" for thirty minutes, finally scoring eight seats in section 105. Now, what to do about the Pens game?

Congrats on the tickets. On the other issue - small radio.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:20 am 

Anyone is allowed in the new restaurant if I am correct. Just go find a table with a view of the field and a 40 inch screen. I bet the game will be on in there. If not, then shame on whoever made that decision for a week.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:05 am 

Supposed to rain all day. If you're going to get wet, and not wanting to wait out a rain delay, walk up to Mellon Arena and watch the Pens on the big outdoor screen. That's free also and a much better product.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:41 am 

I'll have to disagree on the Pens being a better product, at least for me personally. I don't care if they win the cup for the next ten years, I'll still be more interested in the Pirates. I just don't care for hockey, although it is slightly better than racing.

The Pirates can't pay people to go to the games - they would open themselves up to even more ridicule than they currently get.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 am 

Ralphie wrote:
I'll have to disagree on the Pens being a better product, at least for me personally. I don't care if they win the cup for the next ten years, I'll still be more interested in the Pirates. I just don't care for hockey, although it is slightly better than racing.

The Pirates can't pay people to go to the games - they would open themselves up to even more ridicule than they currently get.

Looking at it that way, you're right in that it's an apples to oranges comparison. I'm with you btw on preferring Pirates baseball. However, my intent was to convey the quality of the product. "Better" was a poor choice of wording on my part.

I was thinking more along the lines of.....

The Pens are the Porche of hockey
The Pirates are the Yugo of baseball

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:19 pm 

It's a credit to the Pens' management that they have assembled such a fine team. They had some good fortune to help them out, with the lottery.

I wish them the best, their success is good for the city, but deep down I don't really care how they do, not like I do with the Bucs.