Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A "ballsy" move
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:33 am 

Warm up Hanrahan and Vasquez simultaneously tonight.

Start Hanrahan. The Brewers will know what's coming. During warmups, Hanrahan should throw a couple high heaters that "get away from him" and go to the backstop. The Brewers will think that Hanrahan will be going "after" the first batter. That batter should be a bit "jumpy." Try to get Lopez and Counsell out and then have Hanrahan absolutely drill Braun with 95 mph heat on right on the freaking wrists. Braun laid the foundation for this and needs to get whacked. Hanrahan's heat can delivery just the right message.

Hanrahan will be tossed. He will be suspended. He will be fined. Bucs should pay the fine and figure out a way to pay him during the suspension. Braun will undoubtedly charge the mound and will likely be tossed as well. Its just too bad that Hinske is in NY as he could be set up to run some interference when Braun charges the mound.

The Bucs will also likely be fined as an organization for this obvious ploy.

Then Vasquez can come in and pitch.

The Brewers are a bunch of cry babies.

Post subject: Re: A "ballsy" move
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 am 

No. 9 wrote:
Warm up Hanrahan and Vasquez simultaneously tonight.

Start Hanrahan. The Brewers will know what's coming. During warmups, Hanrahan should throw a couple high heaters that "get away from him" and go to the backstop. The Brewers will think that Hanrahan will be going "after" the first batter. That batter should be a bit "jumpy." Try to get Lopez and Counsell out and then have Hanrahan absolutely drill Braun with 95 mph heat on right on the freaking wrists. Braun laid the foundation for this and needs to get whacked. Hanrahan's heat can delivery just the right message.

Hanrahan will be tossed. He will be suspended. He will be fined. Bucs should pay the fine and figure out a way to pay him during the suspension. Braun will undoubtedly charge the mound and will likely be tossed as well. Its just too bad that Hinske is in NY as he could be set up to run some interference when Braun charges the mound.

The Bucs will also likely be fined as an organization for this obvious ploy.

Then Vasquez can come in and pitch.

The Brewers are a bunch of cry babies.

I agree... seems like the Pirates need to stop taking the "high road" on this deal. Its time to send an "actual message" to Braun, and to that entire organization. So what you made the playoffs last season, it doesn't cover for the years on ineptness that preceded it, the Pirates are still a better organization than the Brewers will ever be. All of a sudden these guys think they are the Yankees.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:48 am 

Not that I would do this, but if I did, I wouldn't waste Hanrahan...this is a perfect spot for a young left-hander who can already claim wildness and rarely gets used anyway. I wonder how tight Selig's nutz would get over the implications of having to deal with this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:51 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:52 am 

Argentum wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:53 am 

bradf wrote:
Not that I would do this, but if I did, I wouldn't waste Hanrahan...this is a perfect spot for a young left-hander who can already claim wildness and rarely gets used anyway. I wonder how tight Selig's nutz would get over the implications of having to deal with this.

Much better idea. MUCH BETTER. Ladies and Gentlemen, starting tonight for your Pittsburgh Pirates . . . Donnie Veal!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:58 am 

Argentum:
Russell, Hill and Kerwin, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 am 

bradf wrote:
Argentum:
Russell, Hill and Kerwin, right?

You got it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:09 am 

In my world, this is how it would go down with Braun:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 am 

As much as all of this sounds great, for me I just hope the Pirates can keep winning. Sweep the Brewers and maintain the high road and just out-play and bury the bums will be fine by me! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:36 am 

Braun likes to admire his home runs. Maybe the pitchers need to admire their HBP whenever they tag Mrs. Braun. That might get the message across, even to a guy as stupid as Braun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 am 
 WWW  Profile

No. 9 and Argentum...this has been one of the best threads because of you two. Classic topic and classic Hanson Bros pic!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:47 am 

A quote from Jason Kendall after the game...

"I was fine until [Kerrigan] started yelling at me," said Kendall, who kept intentionally mispronouncing Kerrigan's name. "I can take a lot, but I'm not going to get yelled at."

I don't remember Kendall being this much of a bitch when he played for us. The next time he gets yelled at, he's just going to take his ball and go home.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:56 pm 

We cannot do something that stupid. There would be serious punishments from mlb. I think they would be on the Pirates team as much as Joel. I say we hit him someone a little later in the game when it is time to get vasquez or whoever is in there out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:17 pm 

Down the road my friends, it will happen down the road. And, I would get both Braun and Kendall. Kerrigan gained even more of my respect with his defense of his pitcher.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 pm 

jaybee24 wrote:

"I was fine until [Kerrigan] started yelling at me," said Kendall, who kept intentionally mispronouncing Kerrigan's name. "I can take a lot, but I'm not going to get yelled at."

I don't remember Kendall being this much of a bitch when he played for us. The next time he gets yelled at, he's just going to take his ball and go home.

He always has been. When i was little and stood out back for autographs Kendall was the only one that didn't stop. He never did. He is a jerk on and off of the field.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:14 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
jaybee24 wrote:

He always has been. When i was little and stood out back for autographs Kendall was the only one that didn't stop. He never did. He is a jerk on and off of the field.

At Pirates training Camp he would only sign for kids. I got his autograph way back then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
jaybee24 wrote:

At Pirates training Camp he would only sign for kids. I got his autograph way back then.

Well i'm glad to hear he did that, i doubt very many people have his autograph because he never wanted to sign.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 pm 

I have a lot of memories of Jason from his Pirate days. The cycle, his all star appearances, the ankle break, the kick-ass fight against Sheffield, and the dive over the catcher (forgot which one) to score a run. Too bad this one has to share space with those. Why didn't Milwaukee sign Pedro?...Pedro must have insisted he have first crack at fighting coaches during bench clearings. I'm not sure what I expected Jason to do?... "herd" Karstens to first base?, ok... maybe get physical with Karstens IF he really tried to move on Smith...but to need to be restrained from going after Kerrigan? Absolutely not! WTF did Kerrigan say to him that was so bad it made him crazy? Something about throwing at his pitchers?...It's one thing to take one for the team when you're a position player...but aren't pitcher's supposed to be out of bounds? I sure thought so. Can't wait for 7:05!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:00 pm 

ParrotLuv wrote:
I have a lot of memories of Jason from his Pirate days. The cycle, his all star appearances, the ankle break, the kick-ass fight against Sheffield, and the dive over the catcher (forgot which one) to score a run. Too bad this one has to share space with those. Why didn't Milwaukee sign Pedro?...Pedro must have insisted he have first crack at fighting coaches during bench clearings. I'm not sure what I expected Jason to do?... "herd" Karstens to first base?, ok... maybe get physical with Karstens IF he really tried to move on Smith...but to need to be restrained from going after Kerrigan? Absolutely not! WTF did Kerrigan say to him that was so bad it made him crazy? Something about throwing at his pitchers?...It's one thing to take one for the team when you're a position player...but aren't pitcher's supposed to be out of bounds? I sure thought so. Can't wait for 7:05!

Exactly. I love how he rationalized his actions because he couldn't take being "yelled at." If Kerrigan insulted his family or something, then fine, but I really doubt that was the case.