Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I have a strange feeling!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:18 am 

This may come as a shock to most of you here, but I have a strange feeling.

I have this odd feeling that this is going to be a successful second half for the Bucs.

BTW I felt this before the two tightly pitched wins against the Giants. I had it during the break.

Perhaps it was the article about them trying to resign Freddy and Jack. Perhaps it was the feeling that Garret Jones was going to be a surprise. Perhaps it was the feeling that this will keep Lastings Milledge (whom I still hate BTW) out of Pittsburgh for the near future. Perhaps it was seeing Doumit back.

I don't know. I just have this feeling that the second half will be where we a fairly young team, come together and gel around its starting pitching.

Let's Go Bucs. Sweep the Giants!

Post subject: Re: I have a strange feeling!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:01 am 

Corsair wrote:

I have this odd feeling that this is going to be a successful second half for the Bucs.

BTW I felt this before the two tightly pitched wins against the Giants. I had it during the break.

Perhaps it was the article about them trying to resign Freddy and Jack. Perhaps it was the feeling that Garret Jones was going to be a surprise. Perhaps it was the feeling that this will keep Lastings Milledge (whom I still hate BTW) out of Pittsburgh for the near future. Perhaps it was seeing Doumit back.

I don't know. I just have this feeling that the second half will be where we a fairly young team, come together and gel around its starting pitching.

Nothing that Garrett Jones does will keep Milledge out of Pittsburgh. Only Milledge can do that. He'll be here by the trade deadline.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:02 pm 

You are a fool for hating Milledge. You have no justified reasons for hating him, but when he is playing well for us you will be saying he is your favorite player.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 pm 

I agree that we could be decent in the second half, butt Milledge is one of the reasons I think that is possible. You know that in AAA he is hitting well above .500 right?
Our lineup has a real chance at some power with Jones at first, Milledge in left. We haven't had that at all this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:29 pm 

Corsair wrote:

STRANGE FEELING?

I think you need a woman, my friend! :D

Post subject: Real Power??
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:30 pm 

JimY wrote:
I agree that we could be decent in the second half, butt Milledge is one of the reasons I think that is possible. You know that in AAA he is hitting well above .500 right?
Our lineup has a real chance at some power with Jones at first, Milledge in left. We haven't had that at all this year.

Milledge's power numbers throughout his career really are no better than Brandon Moss'.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:31 pm 

Ryann wrote:
You are a fool for hating Milledge. You have no justified reasons for hating him, but when he is playing well for us you will be saying he is your favorite player.

Not true at all. There are TONS of reasons to hate Lastings Milledge.