Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sano Passes Age Investigation
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:13 pm 

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/s ... ation.html

well let the bidding carousel begin, and hope NH will match every offer there...

i have this feeling, we should get Sano

cheerio

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.

Post subject: Re: Sano Passes Age Investigation
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:18 pm 

I really hope we land him. We really need it. Even if he turns out to be a bust, it is making the move and jumping on it that will show me things are changing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:30 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
I really hope we land him. We really need it. Even if he turns out to be a bust, it is making the move and jumping on it that will show me things are changing.

I totally agree. I know there is a risk giving a 16 year old that much money, but even if it doesn't work out I would like that we just took a risk and paid some cash to a high end guy who everyone is paying attention to.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:47 pm 

JimY wrote:
Colin21 wrote:

I totally agree. I know there is a risk giving a 16 year old that much money, but even if it doesn't work out I would like that we just took a risk and paid some cash to a high end guy who everyone is paying attention to.

absolutely true.. it gives a sign, and yes.. i think low market teams must makes some risks to get young talent and blossom out to be stars .... or not..

just like garreth jones... like carlos pena with TB.. who you pick up from a scrapheap and suddenly change their atmosphere. ;) and climb the ladder...

just like europe... i think there are rough young talents here around, who are not informed and trained the proper way..
and how about the russian continents... (yeah i know i have zhanna ;) ) but baseball isnt explored here..

just like neal is piling up the minors now... i think it will blossom up the next years.. somehow i am very positive..

we need kids like sano... like gift ngoepe and all... GO BUCS

New Amsterdam was a Dutch settlement est. at the southern tip of Manhattan Island which served as seat of the colonial government in the New Dutch territory. It was renamed New York in honor of the then Duke of York.