Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moskos Selection
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:56 pm 

I know that contrary to the evidence that has been provided, many still seem to think passing on Wieters was a decision made by Nutting, not DL. Well, I caught this little quote from DK in the comments of tonight's game thread at the PBC blog...

Quote:
It's not a matter of believing it. It's a matter of having everyone involved, including Dave Littlefield and even Scott Boras, tell me as much, along with many, many, many others. Last I checked, Boras never has been in the Pirates' employ.

How deep is this horse buried at this point?

That is the first time I recall reading Boras confirming that it was DL's choice, not Nuttings. Oh well, Nutting told him to say it, I'm sure.

Post subject: Re: Moskos Selection
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:59 pm 

We all know that Boras is a nutting shill :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:56 am 

Nutting didn't make the true call, but when you put no money into the team and have a dumbass like DL in in office you are making the call.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:34 am 

I swear, sometimes I think Ryann is an idiot, and make no mistake about it, he is. But he makes a point here. Should DL still have had his job here? Should he have even been allowed to draft Moskos over Weiters based on money issues, and then take on Matt Morris' salary just months later? I defend Pirates management often, but I can't defend the fact that they kept Littlefield around well after it was obvious to everyone that he was a moron. They not only kept him around, but they didn't even nix moves that were painfully obvious to even the stupidest, yinzer fans to be bad moves.
I like the way things are being run now. Tony Sanchez is miles away from Moskos, and he is already having more success in the minors than Moskos ever did. But Nutting still has a lot to prove in my eyes, after LETTING this garbage happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:39 am 

JimY wrote:
I swear, sometimes I think Ryann is an idiot, and make no mistake about it, he is. But he makes a point here. Should DL still have had his job here? Should he have even been allowed to draft Moskos over Weiters based on money issues, and then take on Matt Morris' salary just months later? I defend Pirates management often, but I can't defend the fact that they kept Littlefield around well after it was obvious to everyone that he was a moron. They not only kept him around, but they didn't even nix moves that were painfully obvious to even the stupidest, yinzer fans to be bad moves.
I like the way things are being run now. Tony Sanchez is miles away from Moskos, and he is already having more success in the minors than Moskos ever did. But Nutting still has a lot to prove in my eyes, after LETTING this garbage happen.

I think you are an idiot too. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:44 am 

Hey, at least I agreed with you. Idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:46 am 

JimY wrote:
Hey, at least I agreed with you. Idiot.

I agreed with some of what you said too. Idiot. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:50 am 

We don't agree on much, but we agree that one another is an idiot. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:58 am 

Ya know, in all of this, the person who I feel worst for is Daniel Moskos. That kid did absolutely nothing wrong, but when I say his name I puke in my mouth a little bit. His name might as well be Syphilis. Poor poor Syphilis Moskos.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:56 am 

The point of the post is 100% accurate. Littlebrain drastically, massively, horrifically overestimated the talent level on the Pirates in 2007. He believed that the team was one or two key parts from becoming a contender. One of those parts, he believed, was a late-inning reliever, like Moskos. He therefore passed on a switch-hitting catcher with power and superb plate discipline for a lefty reliever.

He was so devastatingly wrong that it is basically impossible to overstate how horribly he fucked up that selection. It was one of the worst picks of all time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:23 am 

JimY wrote:
We don't agree on much, but we agree that one another is an idiot. :mrgreen:

Well I am definitely an idiot for wasting my time reading this stuff.