Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Trade someone
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:20 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
bigdawg6954 wrote:
I dont think the Pirates are done trading. I think LaRoche and Veal will be traded. I look for Snell to spend the season in the minors and battle for a job in the spring. Gorzo will be the first one called up if someone struggles, goes down, or gets traded. Jack and Freddy will be shopped, but in the end, neither will go. In the offseason, both will re-sign, for less money per year for 2 year deals. If for some reason Adam doesnt get moved, he will also resign to stay in the burg with his brother. Garrett Jones will be our everyday right fielder by seasons end. Lastings Milledge will come after just after the break, play up to his potential and be our everyday right fielder. McCutch is the man in center. D Young is NOT DH material. Not enough power. He will be our super utility guy next year. B. Moss will be a 4th OF from here on out. Diaz will not be sent down but Salazar will be when Doumit comes off the DL. If Veal doesnt get traded, he will take the place of Karstens, who will report to the Minors and pitch as a starter. Big Dawg will be offered a job with the Nuttings as director of media relations. lol.

I think Karstens is out of options, he might not clear waivers...

Pearce is most likely going down when Doumit returns

and good riddance to Steve Pearce.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:00 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
nad69dan wrote:
bigdawg6954 wrote:
I dont think the Pirates are done trading. I think LaRoche and Veal will be traded. I look for Snell to spend the season in the minors and battle for a job in the spring. Gorzo will be the first one called up if someone struggles, goes down, or gets traded. Jack and Freddy will be shopped, but in the end, neither will go. In the offseason, both will re-sign, for less money per year for 2 year deals. If for some reason Adam doesnt get moved, he will also resign to stay in the burg with his brother. Garrett Jones will be our everyday right fielder by seasons end. Lastings Milledge will come after just after the break, play up to his potential and be our everyday right fielder. McCutch is the man in center. D Young is NOT DH material. Not enough power. He will be our super utility guy next year. B. Moss will be a 4th OF from here on out. Diaz will not be sent down but Salazar will be when Doumit comes off the DL. If Veal doesnt get traded, he will take the place of Karstens, who will report to the Minors and pitch as a starter. Big Dawg will be offered a job with the Nuttings as director of media relations. lol.

I think Karstens is out of options, he might not clear waivers...

Pearce is most likely going down when Doumit returns

and good riddance to Steve Pearce.

That is going to be 1 crowded outfield, with LM and GJ sharing the same spot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:05 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
jaybee24 wrote:

I really hope this is just management blowing smoke up Pedro's butt until he gets to the majors, when they'll convince him to play first. It would be a crime to move Andy LaRoche to another position when he has the chance to be one of the better defensive third basemen in the league.

Really? For a 3B showing virtually no power? I know, I know, I know what his minor league numbers show. I want to see them in the MLB to know that they are not a product of the PCL.

ZM

I think the power will come, but if he could play 2b, that may be a really good solution.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:06 pm 

Quote:

Milledge wont be in Pittsburgh anytime soon i don't think.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:09 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:

How can NH be happy with the position players he has? This team will lose about 90 games. There is no way he can think that they can play well enough next year to be an improvement. Milledge could help but not that much.

Starting lineup in 2010:
C - Doumit
3B- LaRoche
SS - ?
2B - Sanchez
1B - ?
LF - Milledge
CF- McCutchen
RF - Moss

6/8ths of that lineup is already on the club.

Starting lineup in 2011:
C - Doumit
3B - LaRoche
SS - ?
2B - ?
1B - Alvarez
LF - Milledge
CF - McCutchen
RF - Tabata

6/8ths of that lineup is already on the club.

I'd say that NH's vision of both of these squads is coming very close to being a finished product. Question marks next year at SS and 1B. Question marks in 2011 at SS and 2B. Does anyone think that Adam can return a SS who will be major league ready by 2011?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:18 pm 

Colin21 wrote:
Quote:

At least he should NOT be....not until he puts up some decent numbers at AAA. Make him EARN it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 pm 

Animal wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
Quote:

At least he should NOT be....not until he puts up some decent numbers at AAA. Make him EARN it.

I think he should have to start at AA. To see if he can work well with others and become the leader of that team. To get things turned around there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:43 pm 

This team doesn't start hitting soon it will be sooner than you think.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:30 am 

Milledge can hit. He hit 14 HR's as a 23-year old last year in Washington, a park below league average in terms of HR's that were hit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/par ... eason=2008

The bad news for Milledge is that PNC Park is a much worse hitter's park, and one of the least-friendly HR parks in baseball.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:37 am 

I'm not sure why I always read on this board that Alvarez will be moved to first? Why is that?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:56 am 

OF is somewhat crowded in Altoona. Gorkys and Tabata need the starts. He should go to Indy. For God's Sake, Chris Snelling, Brian Bixler and Larry Broadway are getting OF playing time in Indy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:02 am 

Chris Anderson wrote:
For God's Sake, Chris Snelling, Brian Bixler and Larry Broadway are getting OF playing time in Indy!

The famous NL All-Star outfield of Aaron, Mays and Clemente is about the only one that could challenge that group.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:09 am 

VanSlick wrote:
I'm not sure why I always read on this board that Alvarez will be moved to first? Why is that?

Because he doesn't have the glove for 3B.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:43 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Bucfan wrote:
Chris Anderson wrote:
For God's Sake, Chris Snelling, Brian Bixler and Larry Broadway are getting OF playing time in Indy!

The famous NL All-Star outfield of Aaron, Mays and Clemente is about the only one that could challenge that group.

That was a reunion photo.

ZM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:48 am 

Bucfan wrote:
Chris Anderson wrote:

Wow! What a picture!

But do you have one of Snelling, Bixler and Broadway? Could be a collectors item one day.

"Snelling, Bixler and Broadway" - sounds like the name of a personal injury law firm. "Aaron, Mays and Clemente", on the other hand, sounds like...... victory. (Imagine it was Robert Duvall saying that last sentence.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 am 

burghermeister wrote:
Bucfan wrote:
Chris Anderson wrote:

Wow! What a picture!

But do you have one of Snelling, Bixler and Broadway? Could be a collectors item one day.

"Snelling, Bixler and Broadway" - sounds like the name of a personal injury law firm. "Aaron, Mays and Clemente", on the other hand, sounds like...... victory. (Imagine it was Robert Duvall saying that last sentence.)

Forget Robert Duvall. I want James Earl Jones.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:21 am 

Animal wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

Wow! What a picture!

Forget Robert Duvall. I want James Earl Jones.

You missed the reference, Animal. See below...