Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:19 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
I have an idea for all us NORMAL posters and Pirate fans.

Just do not read, do not respond, do not give the idiots any backfeed on their posts. Maybe if we quit reading the idiotic repetitive posts, they will just go away, or the few of them can just converse with each other.

We all know who to avoid.

Just do it!

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:08 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Animal wrote:
I have an idea for all us NORMAL posters and Pirate fans.

Just do not read, do not respond, do not give the idiots any backfeed on their posts. Maybe if we quit reading the idiotic repetitive posts, they will just go away, or the few of them can just converse with each other.

We all know who to avoid.

Just do it!


So anyone who openly questions the team is a moron? You find little mistakes and flip out about anyone and their posts who make statements against the Pirates.
Fans have a right to be pissed after 17 straight losing seasons, bad calls, and a management that spends no money.
I see some moves need to be done such as Nady, and Mclouth deals. But that doesn't excuse the terrible moves made such as the trade of Jason Bay. I know Bay was dealt because our gm cracked under pressure of the trade deadline and dealt off Bay at the last minute cause he would cost to much for our cheapass team, and we got bad players in return for bay (With the exception of mediocre Laroche).

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:39 pm
Posts: 234
Animal wrote:
I have an idea for all us NORMAL posters and Pirate fans.

Just do not read, do not respond, do not give the idiots any backfeed on their posts. Maybe if we quit reading the idiotic repetitive posts, they will just go away, or the few of them can just converse with each other.

We all know who to avoid.

Just do it!


Are you making a list of these so called Idiots that should banished?

Are you going to name names?.
Or are you going to keep your personal list private until your book is published and released.

Seriously, every body has an arch enemy , i guess on this board. But there is no reason to ignore them, because their opinions are not on the same standard as your own.

Last time i checked, this was a free message board.
If you don't want to read someones comments, that is fine. If you want to disagree with them, that is fine also.
But proposing to ignore, and pretty much try to black list them, is kind of how do you say, CHILDISH?.


Top
 
 Post subject: SHOE FIT??
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:10 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
palushock wrote:
Animal wrote:
I have an idea for all us NORMAL posters and Pirate fans.

Just do not read, do not respond, do not give the idiots any backfeed on their posts. Maybe if we quit reading the idiotic repetitive posts, they will just go away, or the few of them can just converse with each other.

We all know who to avoid.

Just do it!


Are you making a list of these so called Idiots that should banished?

Are you going to name names?.
Or are you going to keep your personal list private until your book is published and released.

Seriously, every body has an arch enemy , i guess on this board. But there is no reason to ignore them, because their opinions are not on the same standard as your own.

Last time i checked, this was a free message board.
If you don't want to read someones comments, that is fine. If you want to disagree with them, that is fine also.
But proposing to ignore, and pretty much try to black list them, is kind of how do you say, CHILDISH?.


Does the shoe fit??

Did I say anything about banished? I believe I said ignored. And I disagree greatly that everybody's opinions are the same. Some are just making the same repetitive post over and over, have no ideas for realistic improvement, and make some really idiotic suggestions as far as knowledgable baseball fans are concerned.

Absolutely, this is a free message baord. YOu have every right to post what you wnat. And those who choose to have every right in the world to ignore it.

To me, not only do the stupid suggestions of many, repeated over and over, get on my nerves, but it is particularly difficult to even try to comprehend the posts of several who have no clue about sentence structure, grammar, spelling, and more.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:17 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
Ryann wrote:
Animal wrote:
I have an idea for all us NORMAL posters and Pirate fans.

Just do not read, do not respond, do not give the idiots any backfeed on their posts. Maybe if we quit reading the idiotic repetitive posts, they will just go away, or the few of them can just converse with each other.

We all know who to avoid.

Just do it!


So anyone who openly questions the team is a moron? You find little mistakes and flip out about anyone and their posts who make statements against the Pirates.
Fans have a right to be pissed after 17 straight losing seasons, bad calls, and a management that spends no money.
I see some moves need to be done such as Nady, and Mclouth deals. But that doesn't excuse the terrible moves made such as the trade of Jason Bay. I know Bay was dealt because our gm cracked under pressure of the trade deadline and dealt off Bay at the last minute cause he would cost to much for our cheapass team, and we got bad players in return for bay (With the exception of mediocre Laroche).


Absolutely not.

I question moves every day. I question managerial decisions, roster decisions, organizational decisions, and more, but I am at least able to back that up with suggestions for improvement, and give reasons for my decisions. You, or anybody else may not agree with that, but it is what it is. When someone gives a REASON for an opinion, you can at least debate it, discuss it, argue about it. But when many posters make ridiculous statements that are way out there, with no logical reasons for that, and compound it with horrible English, it is very difficult to take them seriously. It has led to many outrageous arguments here.

Instead of that happening, it is better to just ignore the irritating posters, until they start to post something worth reading.

Understand?

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:11 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
palushock wrote:
If you don't want to read someones comments, that is fine. If you want to disagree with them, that is fine also.
But proposing to ignore, and pretty much try to black list them, is kind of how do you say, CHILDISH?.


You are correct! However, the mods of this site sometimes fall into the "childish" category.
If you dont like what the Pirates have been doing and continue to do, you can continue to watch and enjoy the lousy team or be indifferent.....dont watch or go to the games.

Those of you praising what the the new management team is doing and claim they are doing things the right way have no proof of such a claim. When the Pirates win, then and only then can you claim they have improved and have done things the right way. The baseball on the cheap business model continues. The best managment team in baseball, maybe all of sports rants about accountability. Well, make them accountable, dont support them.

Those of you blaming the manager, or claimimg a bunt is needed....it does not matter. The Pirates have been short on talent and that is the reason they suck. If they have talent, it wont stay for very long because they dont want to pay to keep the talent. The best manager or best strategy can not overcome that void.

It is a sad situation that in 2 months history will be made and Pittsburgh will have national media attention about the longest yearly losing streak of a pro sports team. Enjoy being proud of the Steelers and Pens and just accept the fact that the Pirates are pathetic and shrug them off.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:27 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 569
Location: Springfield, IL
Estrago.. I got all the proof I need..NH is following the blueprint of the Cleveland Indians back in the late 80's and early 90's..

1) Getting rid of the current "stars" who can bring maximum value back to the organization in order to replenish a farm system that has been completely overlooked by previous regimes.

2) Becoming very active in the June draft and pulling the trigger on getting top notch quality, regardless if it costs the organization.

3) Becoming very active in the Latin American region with a state of the art training facility in the Dominican Republic, while continuing to ride the popularity wave of the greatest latino player to ever play the game...Roberto Clemente (BTW, down there..especially in Puerto Rico, he is STILL considered to be the greatest and the Pirates are still considered to be THE team)

4) Commit to your "core" players with a contract that buys the players arbitration eligible years, while at the same time, realizing that even though a player signed doesn't mean that they are untradeable if the right deal comes along.

These four ideas/theories were the cornerstone of the rebuilding of a horrible franchise in Cleveland. You say the Bucs will go seventeen years without seeing .500 try watching a team that had NEVER been a contender in their division from 1959-1993..35 years of HORRENDOUS baseball until John Hart implemented this plan, which led to a pair of trips to the World Series and countless division titles in the 1990's.

The great thing about NH is, he has taken the plan and in my humble opinion, has done one better. NH knows that pitching and defense wins championships. He has gotten plenty of both.

To say there is no proof is bogus. The proof lies 110 miles northwest of Pittsburgh..if you watched the Tribe in the 90's like I did..and were a disgruntled Tribe fan for two decades before the 90's like I was..you wouldn't say there isn't any "proof"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:44 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
curveradio

Just because it worked for another team does not mean it will work here or with any other team. You seem to think that following a similar plan is a sure fire way to winning? If it were just that simple every team would do it.

The GM may be using a similar plan, but until the team wins, there is no proof that the plan has worked. Your claim has no proof..just a team trying to follow a plan. It has yet to be proven if it has worked for the Pirates. It is that simple.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:49 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 569
Location: Springfield, IL
Estrago.. look around major league baseball..how do you think Tampa Bay went to the World Series last year?? How do you think the Twins won championships in 87 and 91?? How do you think small market teams compete against the big market clubs??

Do me a favor..before you say something, think about what you are saying..look back in the last 20-30 years and see how many "small market" teams won a World Series doing exactly what the Pirates are in the early stages of doing..


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:56 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm
Posts: 1363
Quote:
Fans have a right to be pissed after 17 straight losing seasons


Who says Ryann isn't sharp....he figured out that he could spell pissed, which meant he didn't have to spell frusterated any more. Sharp as a bowling ball, kid.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:05 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
curve

So because the GM is trying to copy a plan by other teams is a sure fire way for winning? Has it worked for some teams? Yes. Has it failed for other teams? You bet.

Following a similar plan is not a sure fire way to winning. Until that happens, there is no proof that it has worked for this team. Understand?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:09 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm
Posts: 1363
Estrago...you make a legitimate point about proof concerning the Pirates (although there is plenty of proof as a model as curve cites). However, it is your application of what you do with that lack of proof that I totally disagree with.

Since there is no proof that this plan will work, you must grant that there is no proof that it won't work, either. Yet you choose to lump the current management and ownership with the past 17 years of bad management and even worse ownership

We choose to hang on to hope that this plan will work. That hope is not blind hope, but is founded on the notion that done correctly, it has worked in the past in other places. If it doesn't, I will lessen my commitment to the Pirates accordingly.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:14 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
We don't need to argue forever about this building process. True, it can't be called successful until the Pirates start winning with consistancy, and not all moves will work out.

But we should all understand that what has been tried in the past has not worked out at all. So, since they have an announced plan and are sticking to it, it is reasonable that fans should give them the necessary three or four years to see if the fruit of their labor comes out well. Anything less just shows impatience and lack of understanding about how to do it successfully.

It's been a long time but not one created by these guys. Yes, ownership has been part of the problem but I believe that is in the process of being corrected and will again take time to see.

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:18 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Posts: 5832
Location: Slickville, PA
bradf wrote:
Quote:
Fans have a right to be pissed after 17 straight losing seasons


Who says Ryann isn't sharp....he figured out that he could spell pissed, which meant he didn't have to spell frusterated any more. Sharp as a bowling ball, kid.


Laughing my butt off!

Not sure, but I HEARD that he learned the word pissed when his mom pointed just below his waist area yesterday. Not sure if that is fact or fiction.

_________________
"Live proud! Laugh Loud! Standout in a Crowd!"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:23 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Wheeling, WV
Some people find it difficult not to be vicious

_________________
2011 Will Be Our Year -- well make that 2012 (just saying) So it looks like 2013 now - how long must this go on!
THIS IS IT-- NO MORE STREAK!!! *** Finally*** Time to win it in 2014


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:24 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 843
The irony in this thread is killing me...didn't we say we were ignoring the trolls?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:39 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm
Posts: 1363
I ususally wait to get vicious until I have been called a moron for the 100th time.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:40 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Sub, brad

The GM/Prez are new. I was at a banquet that the Prez gave a speech and he is full of hot air. The ownership is not new. The Nutting family and their newpaper pals have been an influence. Baseball on the cheap has been a constant. Players with talent who will cost money to keep are traded. Face it, you'll give whatever 5 year plan a chance, just like those in the past generation of losing. You had hope for them too.

My hope was shattered after the hope of the hand out new park needed to be competitive was a lie. Sorry but to hear all the BS that this team has spewed, actions and results speak louder. Until such time the actions show results, indifference is my action.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:48 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6301
Careful Animal, it's spelled frustrated. :roll:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Let's Do Us All A Favor...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
estrago wrote:
curve

So because the GM is trying to copy a plan by other teams is a sure fire way for winning? Has it worked for some teams? Yes. Has it failed for other teams? You bet.

Like who? For what team has this strategy failed?

Quote:
Following a similar plan is not a sure fire way to winning. Until that happens, there is no proof that it has worked for this team. Understand?

And there's no reason to assume that it will not work for this team, especially given the history of teams that have utilized this plan (Braves, A's, Indians, Rays).

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Last edited by Willton on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits