Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who need two!
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:39 am 

New ticket gimmick. For every run the Pirates score this weekend vs The Cardinals, they will take $1 off the $24 outfield box seats on June 4th. If the Pirates score more than 24 runs the tickets will be free! They have 2500 seats available.

When the organization has to come up with ticket promotions on the fly things must be pretty bad.

Post subject: Re: Who need two!
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:45 am 

old juan wrote:
New ticket gimmick. For every run the Pirates score this weekend vs The Cardinals, they will take $1 off the $24 outfield box seats on June 4th. If the Pirates score more than 24 runs the tickets will be free! They have 2500 seats available.

When the organization has to come up with ticket promotions on the fly things must be pretty bad.

Considering June 4th is a Wednesday, the seats would be emply anyway. So it's a lose lose proposition, assuming of course the Pirates can average 6 runs over the 4 game series!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:58 am 

Argentum wrote:
old juan wrote:

Considering June 4th is a Wednesday, the seats would be emply anyway. So it's a lose lose proposition, assuming of course the Pirates can average 6 runs over the 4 game series!

Its also, "potentially", the night of game 6 in the Stanley Cup Finals...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:50 pm 

Should we expect Nutting to be calling Larussa to tell him when one of his pitchers has had enough?

"Get him out of there, Tony!!"

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:59 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Should we expect Nutting to be calling Larussa to tell him when one of his pitchers has had enough?

I wasn't aware that LaGenius ever allowed a pitcher to face more than one batter...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:46 pm 

BBF wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

I wasn't aware that LaGenius ever allowed a pitcher to face more than one batter...

Once, in 1989, while with the A's, LaRussa let a left-handed reliever face a right-handed batter. The guy singled.

"Never again," LaRussa said to himself, "never again."

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:39 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Once, in 1989, while with the A's, LaRussa let a left-handed reliever face a right-handed batter. The guy singled.

"Never again," LaRussa said to himself, "never again."

:lol:

With 4 games left in my senior year, my football coach called a passing play, a TE Post designed to score from about the 25-30 yard line. It was early, and I think we only had a touchdown lead at that point. He would normally only throw the ball 4-5 times per game, since we had a very, very running FB and HB. The pass was intercepted. I was standing next to him when it happened, and he turned to his offensive coordinator and calmly stated that he wasn't going to run another passing play the rest of the year. He wasn't kidding. The next game, our freshman running back carried the ball 40 times for 480 yards.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:32 am 

BBF wrote:
Argentum wrote:

Its also, "potentially", the night of game 6 in the Stanley Cup Finals...

The planets are starting to align rather nicely should one wish to enjoy a freebie this Wednesday!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:43 pm 

Pirate web sight says the tickets for Wednesday nights game will go on sale 9:00 A.M. Tuesday. A Maximum of 8 tickets will be allowed. I bet there hoping most of the tickets will be done on line because of convenience and processing fees. Just to recoup a little money besides concession money.

I think the Wednesday night ladies night promotion is a dud.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:20 am 
They need to do SOMETHING to get people in the stands. I wish they'd just put a winner out there. That would do the trick.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:14 pm 

Elmer wrote:
They need to do SOMETHING to get people in the stands. I wish they'd just put a winner out there. That would do the trick.

True, true. Or alternatively, they could sign only players who have acromegaly, and advertise the team as the "bobbleheads - on and off the the field."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:19 am 

With the 5 runs scored tonight the $24 tickets are now FREE. According to the announcers, they'll be available tomorrow morning at 9 AM. I know the fan base is scarce but I would think they should at least be able to get rid of all the freebies.

Anyone on the board going to try to snag any?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:24 am 
 WWW  Profile

TheShark wrote:
With the 5 runs scored tonight the $24 tickets are now FREE. According to the announcers, they'll be available tomorrow morning at 9 AM. I know the fan base is scarce but I would think they should at least be able to get rid of all the freebies.

I might try to order some over the internet and sell them on eBay for $1.00 a piece...

;)

November 22, 2014 11:00 AM
Fox Sports 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:37 am 

IA Pirate wrote:
TheShark wrote:

I might try to order some over the internet and sell them on eBay for $1.00 a piece...

;)

Gotta love capitalism, eh? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:46 am 

sisyphus wrote:
IA Pirate wrote:
TheShark wrote:

;)

Gotta love capitalism, eh? :D

So how much money would you be losing after still paying the convenience and processing charges through ticketmaster? Not to mention the bite that ebay gets to keep...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 pm 

Go down to the ballpark to get them to skip all of the BS TicketBastard "fees".

If they do sell out and you went the eBay/Craigslist route with them, I would go more than just $1!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:14 pm 

TheShark wrote:

If they do sell out and you went the eBay/Craigslist route with them, I would go more than just $1!

You HAD to buy them online...no option. Unfortunately, my IT system at work blocks the Pirates site...I was hoping to score a pair to go out and celebrate an accomplishment tomorrow night. Oh well. Pens game on TV it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 pm 

BBF wrote:
TheShark wrote:

You HAD to buy them online...no option. Unfortunately, my IT system at work blocks the Pirates site...I was hoping to score a pair to go out and celebrate an accomplishment tomorrow night. Oh well. Pens game on TV it is.

Oh, well that sucks. I avoid TicketBastard at all costs, but this would be a case where it was the only option.