Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pearce Revisited....
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:06 pm 

Is Steve Pearce still with the team?

Just checking.

When the Bucs recalled Pearce, I was very concerned that it would hinder his development. I was concerned that he would come up here and sit. (Behind LaRoche, Moss, and DYoung). Well, that is exactly what has happened. I really think promoting him when they did was very stupid.

I think unless LaRoche is traded, that Pearce's career in Pittsburgh is done. Another Brad Eldred!

Post subject: Re: Pearce Revisited....
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:38 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Ha! Good question...

He almost got in the game yesterday as a PH for Duke. But, the Marlins countered with a righty and JR went with Moss instead.

He is sitting quite a bit but what else can you do with him?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:06 pm 

Captain Brown wrote:
Ha! Good question...

He almost got in the game yesterday as a PH for Duke. But, the Marlins countered with a righty and JR went with Moss instead.

If it were MY decision, he would be playing every day at AAA. If he were tearing it up, I would listen to trade offers. If they keep LaRoche, how much value does Pearce really have?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:19 pm 

Animal wrote:
Captain Brown wrote:
Ha! Good question...

If it were MY decision, he would be playing every day at AAA. If he were tearing it up, I would listen to trade offers. If they keep LaRoche, how much value does Pearce really have?

Sadly Pearce is their only power option on the bench from the right side...He might get the call back down to Indy when Doumit is back...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:49 am 

Captain Brown wrote:
Ha! Good question...

Package him with Snell, and Bixler if some Gm is dumb enough to take them, and acquire a short stop/second baseman that is major league ready now, or definitely by the beginning of the 2010 season.
this player should be counted on to be a starter at ss or 2nd,(whoever of the 2 are not here), and at the beginning of the spring, told the job is his, unless he totally shows he can not handle it .

Pierce, pearce, whatever his name is, is not in any type of plans for the major league team.
If he is filler for an outfield/1st base , at the AAA level, than put him there ASAP, otherwise cut ties with this clown.
I have just 1 word for his plate disciple, and approach to the ball,

Obnoxious.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:19 am 

palushock wrote:
Package him with Snell, and Bixler if some Gm is dumb enough to take them, and acquire a short stop/second baseman that is major league ready now, or definitely by the beginning of the 2010 season.
this player should be counted on to be a starter at ss or 2nd,(whoever of the 2 are not here), and at the beginning of the spring, told the job is his, unless he totally shows he can not handle it .

This is sheer genius. I can't believe I didn't think of this innovative solution. NH should do this right away. I'm sure there will be plenty of GMs that will jump at this opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:09 am 

Why give up a valuable commodity like Bixler? I'm sure we can get a major league ready shortstop in exchange for a hefty bag full of aluminum cans. Especially if we smash the cans first - think how much THAT would be worth!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:11 pm 

Of course, he gets the start tonight. NH has been checking the board again....

He might be the one sent down when Doumit gets called up, leaving us to carry 3 catchers. I believe Diaz has played elsewhere as well if we need him to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:17 pm 

palushock wrote:

Package him with Snell, and Bixler if some Gm is dumb enough to take them,

Sorry, Dave Littlefield is no longer a GM.

Quote:

and acquire a short stop/second baseman that is major league ready now, or definitely by the beginning of the 2010 season.

Ah, now THERE is a Littlefield move if I have ever heard it. Completely limit your talent search to only MAJOR-LEAGUE READY (TM) players. Further, restrict yourself to a specific position. That's a great way to ensure you get the best talent in return.

palushock, look at what TB did. They spent a few years just collecting talent. Who cares what position, get the best damn players you can get. Then, when you have accumulated enough talent, start worrying about filling holes. 2007 Rays were a mess of players that didn't really fit. Then, you make a couple trades (Young for Garza) and you are set to go (see 2008 Rays). The Pirates aren't to that point yet.

Quote:
Pierce, pearce, whatever his name is, ...
I have just 1 word for his plate disciple, and approach to the ball,

Obnoxious.

So you haven't paid enough attention that you know what his name is, but you are an expert on his plate disciple [sic]? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:38 pm 

Pearce is not a major leaguer. End of story, and he never will be one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:04 pm 

He's terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:12 pm 

We have seen many of them. Mark Johnson , Brad Eldred, Chad Hermansen. AAAA players. That's all Pearce is and all he will ever be.

When Doumit comes back, send Pearce down and keep Diaz as the righty pinch hitter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:33 am 

burghermeister wrote:
palushock wrote:

This is sheer genius. I can't believe I didn't think of this innovative solution. NH should do this right away. I'm sure there will be plenty of GMs that will jump at this opportunity.

Don't you think NH and FC read this board on a nightly basis?. I am sure NH knows what he wants, and what he wants to get rid of.
But unlike Little Dick, he is just not going to give his pawns away just cause guys like Peter(i get a chubby every time ESPN shows red sox highlights)Gammons , or Buster Olwney think they have no value to other teams.
You watch, he is going to dump Snell, and hopefully Pearce in the same trade(the 3k's tonight didn't help his value), and getting in return something back that everyone will agree is a steal.
I just hope they limit the return to 1 specific area, and that is a young, high upside, major league 2b or Ss, that is now playing in AA or AAA. Maybe this player has been blocked, but NH has to have a strong feeling that this guy is pretty much ready right NOW, or 2010 at the latest.
Say what you want about the trade value/interest of Snell, but is has done nothing but skyrocket by his last 2 AAA starts.
Just remember, this guy was being tagged as an up and coming fine young major league starting pitcher , only 2 years ago.
Smart Gm's know this,smart Gm's that run teams with any hope of a playoff spot realize that they need to take a shot , since most have big holes in their respective starting rotations. Guys like Jim Tracy , Jerry and Charlie Manuel must also believe that a change of scenery may bring Snell back to that level.
I am only praying, that those 3 and other gm's/manager tandems are on the same wave lenth., If that belief holds water , the Pirates can surely pry away that type of player from one of these starting pitching starved, playoff hopeful teams.
Shoot for different types of players in other trades, but for Snell, make it clear, that is the only return that will be acceptable.
Go from 1 to another, i am sure one of these Gm's will flinch, and pull the trigger. There are at least 8 teams that could use a starting pitcher TODAY, and the Pirates gotta sell them the idea that Ian Snell is that guy.
Just hope this clown is off the Pirates roster before his next scheduled start, no use playing russian roulette by having him throw another pitch as a representative of this organization. If he has a rough outing, they are back to square 1 with his departure plan. An outing like the first 2, NH's blackberry will be chiming off the hook.

Neil, or Frank , any other type of advice you need, feel free to ask, you know how to reach me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:23 am 

palushock wrote:
burghermeister wrote:
palushock wrote:

Don't you think NH and FC read this board on a nightly basis?. I am sure NH knows what he wants, and what he wants to get rid of.
But unlike Little Dick, he is just not going to give his pawns away just cause guys like Peter(i get a chubby every time ESPN shows red sox highlights)Gammons , or Buster Olwney think they have no value to other teams.
You watch, he is going to dump Snell, and hopefully Pearce in the same trade(the 3k's tonight didn't help his value), and getting in return something back that everyone will agree is a steal.
I just hope they limit the return to 1 specific area, and that is a young, high upside, major league 2b or Ss, that is now playing in AA or AAA. Maybe this player has been blocked, but NH has to have a strong feeling that this guy is pretty much ready right NOW, or 2010 at the latest.
Say what you want about the trade value/interest of Snell, but is has done nothing but skyrocket by his last 2 AAA starts.
Just remember, this guy was being tagged as an up and coming fine young major league starting pitcher , only 2 years ago.
Smart Gm's know this,smart Gm's that run teams with any hope of a playoff spot realize that they need to take a shot , since most have big holes in their respective starting rotations. Guys like Jim Tracy , Jerry and Charlie Manuel must also believe that a change of scenery may bring Snell back to that level.
I am only praying, that those 3 and other gm's/manager tandems are on the same wave lenth., If that belief holds water , the Pirates can surely pry away that type of player from one of these starting pitching starved, playoff hopeful teams.
Shoot for different types of players in other trades, but for Snell, make it clear, that is the only return that will be acceptable.
Go from 1 to another, i am sure one of these Gm's will flinch, and pull the trigger. There are at least 8 teams that could use a starting pitcher TODAY, and the Pirates gotta sell them the idea that Ian Snell is that guy.
Just hope this clown is off the Pirates roster before his next scheduled start, no use playing russian roulette by having him throw another pitch as a representative of this organization. If he has a rough outing, they are back to square 1 with his departure plan. An outing like the first 2, NH's blackberry will be chiming off the hook.

Neil, or Frank , any other type of advice you need, feel free to ask, you know how to reach me.

Blah Blah Blah

Jibberish Jibberish Jibberish.

sjadh adhog ahoeges hoepg hogpe shopge hodpg ehs doge

That's what your posts are like. You cannot read them or understand them. How can anybody take what you say seriously?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:40 pm 

[quote="Anima

Blah Blah Blah

Jibberish Jibberish Jibberish.

That's what your posts are like. You cannot read them or understand them. How can anybody take what you say seriously?[/quote]

So do i fit into the ignore categorie now?.
That's fine if you want to ignore or whatever you do to people that you cannot understand.
Are you just upset that in 1 post i can use more than 100 real english words, and not some of your favorites , such as ,
sjadh adhog ahoeges hoepg hogpe shopge hodpg ehs doge.

What ever that hell that means, keep up the good work, i am sure USA today is thinking of making YOU an offer as we speak.
Yeah, sometimes my posts are long winded, so what?.
After work i like to BURN a little ,and type away, and yes maybe i do get carried away.
How can anyone take me seriously?, maybe they don't.
I really don't give a Rat's a s s what you or some of the other jackals who chirp in here think of my reasoning.

Pertaining to the part about can't read or understand them, i am not sure i get that part. If there is a problem with a word, or it's definition, don't be afraid to ask me or someone else what it means. That is how you learn things, unless it's just too darn late for someone like yourself.
Ignore me if you want, don't read my stuff, if the posts are too long, and apparently confusing. Just because a mentally restricted person like yourself can not comprehend or agree , is not a legitimate argument.

I hope you can understand this and take me somehwat seriously concerning your shallow opinions. If not i am sure the bizzaro world who inhabit will still survive.
And a word of advice Animoll , the low red chuck taylors and black socks are not a good look for you.

Last edited by palushock on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:44 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
We have seen many of them. Mark Johnson , Brad Eldred, Chad Hermansen. AAAA players. That's all Pearce is and all he will ever be.

When Doumit comes back, send Pearce down and keep Diaz as the righty pinch hitter.

Exactly! Pearce is gone when Doumit gets back and I'm not sure he ever gets back, for the Pirates anyway. A ballplayer cannot play in the ML if he strikes out on the exact same pitch 3 straight times in a game... Nice knowing you Steve, great season you had there in 2007, hope you get a shot elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:54 pm 

BBF wrote:
Of course, he gets the start tonight. NH has been checking the board again....

He might be the one sent down when Doumit gets called up, leaving us to carry 3 catchers. I believe Diaz has played elsewhere as well if we need him to.

Diaz has played some 3rd base (21 games) and 2nd and 1st (one game each) in the minors...I thought I heard Tim Neverett and Bob Walk talking about he can play the OF

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...