Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Morton on the trading block !!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:51 pm 

Animal wrote:
Ryann wrote:
Milledge doesn't deserve all this criticism. He has done nothing severe and nothing with the Pirates. :roll:

Maybe your definition of severe is obviously quite different than mine. To me, statutory rape is severe. Sorry to break it to you.

Statutory rape? Sorry, but Lastings was never even charged.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:29 pm 

Animal wrote:
Ryann wrote:
Milledge doesn't deserve all this criticism. He has done nothing severe and nothing with the Pirates. :roll:

Maybe your definition of severe is obviously quite different than mine. To me, statutory rape is severe. Sorry to break it to you.

Sometimes i think statutory rape is alittle much, because it seems alittle off that an 18 year old and a 16 or 17 year old can't do it in some states, but i don't understand this. I know here in Pennsylvania the age of consent is 16, in Florida it says it is 16/18. What does that mean?
Any way you look at it though 12 is below the age of consent. The lowest in the world is 13. The lowest in the United States is 16.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:43 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Animal wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Statutory rape? Sorry, but Lastings was never even charged.

Do you know why he was not charged?? He went to a probationary program in exchange for charges not being filed. I am sorry. To me, it's the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:44 pm 

Animal wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Which assumes that statutory rape was actually committed. The facts do not support such an assumption. So no, Milledge has not done anything severe, even by your standards.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:13 pm 

Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
Ryann wrote:

Which assumes that statutory rape was actually committed. The facts do not support such an assumption. So no, Milledge has not done anything severe, even by your standards.

Assume what you want, but I can assure you he would not have gone to a probationary program to avoid charges if charges were not forthcoming.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:22 pm 

Animal wrote:
Willton wrote:

Assume what you want, but I can assure you he would not have gone to a probationary program to avoid charges if charges were not forthcoming.

And I can assure you that such charges are not dispositive of whether he did commit statutory rape, especially considering how inflamatory the charge is. Just ask the Duke Lacrosse team.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:48 pm 

Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
Willton wrote:

And I can assure you that such charges are not dispositive of whether he did commit statutory rape, especially considering how inflamatory the charge is. Just ask the Duke Lacrosse team.

EXACTLY.

Everybody has their day in court. The Duke lacrosse team was subsequently exonerated.

Milledge chose to take a probationary program instead of having his day in court..and he had a ton riding on it. That should tell you something.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:02 am 

Assume what you want, but I can assure you he would not have gone to a probationary program to avoid charges if charges were not forthcoming.[/quote]
And I can assure you that such charges are not dispositive of whether he did commit statutory rape, especially considering how inflamatory the charge is. Just ask the Duke Lacrosse team.[/quote]

EXACTLY.

Everybody has their day in court. The Duke lacrosse team was subsequently exonerated.

Milledge chose to take a probationary program instead of having his day in court..and he had a ton riding on it. That should tell you something.[/quote]

Your little poem just shows me that all you LM haters should just give this guy a break, OK?
The kid had no chance of making his ML career to take off, in NY or Wash.
With NY, he had Omar signing his checks, in DC he had Acta telling him to run like a cheetah.
You all know the blacks and Rico's don't get along.
In Pittsburgh, his chain of command is white as snow.
Maybe he will get along better with this group, and take off like a rocket(or a cheetah), if Luis Dorrante prefers.
How old was he when he supposed did all this stuff, what 16, 17, 18.
Christ o mighty he was just a kid.
None of you guys were there, neither were the dicks that charged him.
Maybe LM and this girl were just listening to some HAMMER, and she just grabbed it .
I am sure the girl didn't look like she still rode a bike with training wheels, they were both about the same age.
After it was all over, she probably told her friends, and whatever , word got out, and the Heat had to do something.
This is just a scenario, this is not what happened(as far as i know). I'm making a point of a possible scenario, nothing less, nothing more than that.
Yeah, he got caught, but he was just a freaking kid.
Give him a break, it wasn't like he ruined this girl's world for the rest of her life.

I would be curious what this girl looks like now.
If she was smokin hot, would alot of you Lizards say, "yeah i would have done that when she was 16 too".
I think this guy can be a really good player for this team.
If his head is on straight, he can be a big offensive force, which the Pirates most certainly need.
Trade La roche, and let Jones be the lefty hitting 1st baseman for the rest of this year.
If the team will not look at the obvious, that Doumit as a catcher is an injury waiting to happen.
The team i would like to see for the rest of this season is Milledge, Mc Cutchen, Jones/Doumit right field, Andy La roche, Wilson(or the ss return from dealing Snell), Freddie, Jones/Doumit first base, and JJ catching.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 am 

As Dick Enberg would say, "Oh my!"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:37 am 

Animal wrote:
EXACTLY.

Milledge chose to take a probationary program instead of having his day in court..and he had a ton riding on it. That should tell you something.

That tells me that the prosecution had a very weak case, especially since statutory rape is notoriously easy to prove. My guess is that the two sides agreed to this deal as a way to avoid a trial on the issue, which would have likely done neither side any good.

You assume way to much from the probationary program. Unless you have some actual facts that would tend to prove the elements of statutory rape, you have little basis to support your belief that Milledge is a criminal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 am 

Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
EXACTLY.

That tells me that the prosecution had a very weak case, especially since statutory rape is notoriously easy to prove. My guess is that the two sides agreed to this deal as a way to avoid a trial on the issue, which would have likely done neither side any good.

You assume way to much from the probationary program. Unless you have some actual facts that would tend to prove the elements of statutory rape, you have little basis to support your belief that Milledge is a criminal.

Just the opposite. If the prosecution had a weak case, his dad, the cop, would not have put him in the program. My guess is pretty much the same as your guess, that they came to this agreement. But once again, if it were my child and he did nothing, I would have fought tooth and nail for him. I am guessing that his Dad, knowing the law, did not want to roll the dice.

Nonetheless, you are not going to change my mind, and I am not going to change your mind, so let's just let it go.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:49 am 

Animal wrote:
Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
EXACTLY.

Just the opposite. If the prosecution had a weak case, his dad, the cop, would not have put him in the program. My guess is pretty much the same as your guess, that they came to this agreement. But once again, if it were my child and he did nothing, I would have fought tooth and nail for him. I am guessing that his Dad, knowing the law, did not want to roll the dice.

Nonetheless, you are not going to change my mind, and I am not going to change your mind, so let's just let it go.

One other thing to add. If Milledge went and spoke with an attorney and said that he did commit this statutory rape, that the attorney would tell him to take the probationary program. Also the Duke Lacrosse case was on a whole different level.