Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Morton on the trading block !!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:23 pm 

Management is probably looking to trade Morton after his good pitching performance, for a couple minor league players that will never make it to the major leagues :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Morton on the trading block !!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:30 pm 

So I guess he is good enough to merit this type of commentary? That is, he should not be dealt, because he is a 95-mph power arm who can go 7 innings throwing that type of heat? A guy who projects as a top-of-the-rotation pitcher?

Hmmm. Maybe you should have posted this on the Braves message board. They are the ones who dealt Morton (and two other legitimate prospects) to the Pirates.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:02 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
So I guess he is good enough to merit this type of commentary? That is, he should not be dealt, because he is a 95-mph power arm who can go 7 innings throwing that type of heat? A guy who projects as a top-of-the-rotation pitcher?

Hmmm. Maybe you should have posted this on the Braves message board. They are the ones who dealt Morton (and two other legitimate prospects) to the Pirates.

Yet there are those, and I promise not to mention Ryann's name, who think this trade was bad.

As I have said like a broken record, this would have been a good one for one trade, but we got two more good prospects. Excellent job for the GM here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:03 pm 

piratefan1970 wrote:
Management is probably looking to trade Morton after his good pitching performance, for a couple minor league players that will never make it to the major leagues :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I hear they need a mentor for Milledge, so they are planning on bringing Jim Leyritz in. (Anybody see he was just arrested again?)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:17 pm 

Yeah, what a knucklehead.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:36 pm 

Hey Animal-- Give me you're address so I can overnight you a huge wooden paddle. Just something to help you stir the s^&* a little more. Poor Ryan may need blood pressure pills with you as a friend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:58 pm 

Substitute2 wrote:
Hey Animal-- Give me you're address so I can overnight you a huge wooden paddle. Just something to help you stir the s^&* a little more. Poor Ryan may need blood pressure pills with you as a friend.

LOL

The kid just rubs me wrong. Sorry!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:19 pm 

Quote:

I don't get it. Are you blasting the Mclouth deal, by saying you like Morton? Am I missing sarcasm? When you say "minor league players that will never make it to the major leagues" you are knocking the Mclouth deal, right? But when you praise Morton you are saying you like the Mclouth deal, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:49 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:51 pm 

That was supposed to be an image of a woman with her "tongue in cheek".

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:05 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:

Ahh, now that you explained it, I see it. I have to be honest, though. I am not a fan of modern art.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:23 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Az Bucco fan wrote:

Ahh, now that you explained it, I see it. I have to be honest, though. I am not a fan of modern art.

You can see through the matrix too?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:55 pm 

Is that what you were looking for Az?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:07 pm 

Animal wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

Yet there are those, and I promise not to mention Ryann's name, who think this trade was bad.

As I have said like a broken record, this would have been a good one for one trade, but we got two more good prospects. Excellent job for the GM here!

Animal I wish that you would not SPREAD FLAT OUT LIES. You have zero credibility and you lie and pout like a 3 year old. I said you are stupid for thinking that morten straight up for mclouth would be a steal for the Pirates. I think the pirates got a great deal for Mclouth mainly due to Morten and a major influence of the jewel of the trade Gorkys Hernandez plus the 2 other arms one of which could be a good major leaguer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:10 pm 

Ryann wrote:
Animal wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

Animal I wish that you would not SPREAD FLAT OUT LIES. You have zero credibility and you lie and pout like a 3 year old. I said you are stupid for thinking that morten straight up for mclouth would be a steal for the Pirates. I think the pirates got a great deal for Mclouth mainly due to Morten and a major influence of the jewel of the trade Gorkys Hernandez plus the 2 other arms one of which could be a good major leaguer.

Please just try to grow up Ryann. That's all I ask. And if you REALLY want to ask the board who has credibility, go right ahead. And once again, Morton for McLouth would have been a good deal. Throw in the others and you have a great trade.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:44 pm 

Animal I quote your exact words
"Morten for Mclouth was a steal"
That is simply not true. I pointed that out to you, and you went to childish name calling and lies.

Look you lost credibility when you pouted and shouted about the Pirates getting Milledge (Who you thought was Dukes :lol: ).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:00 am 

Ryann wrote:
That is simply not true. I pointed that out to you, and you went to childish name calling and lies.

Look you lost credibility when you pouted and shouted about the Pirates getting Milledge (Who you thought was Dukes :lol: ).

First off, I do believe it was a steal, and so do many others.

Second, no childish name calling here. No lies.

Third, I did err when I mixed up some of Dukes bad deeds with Milledge's. Hard to keep track of which turd is which. This will turn out to be horrible for the Bucs. Milledge will continue to be a bad teammate, thug, criminal, and more. Just you wait and see.

So please, just try to grow up and discuss the Pirates. And please, try to make your posts more understandable. You have been doing a better job of that lately.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:58 am 

Animal wrote:
Ryann wrote:

First off, I do believe it was a steal, and so do many others.

Second, no childish name calling here. No lies.

Third, I did err when I mixed up some of Dukes bad deeds with Milledge's. Hard to keep track of which turd is which. This will turn out to be horrible for the Bucs. Milledge will continue to be a bad teammate, thug, criminal, and more. Just you wait and see.

So please, just try to grow up and discuss the Pirates. And please, try to make your posts more understandable. You have been doing a better job of that lately.

It was a steal considering the other pieces of the trade. But you claimed that if it was only morten it would be a steal and that is an idiotic statement.

You have lied, and used childish name calling towards me.
Milledge has a ton of potential. You will see I think someday he will be a very good major league player. It seems bad situations find Milledge, not Milledge finds bad situations.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:12 am 

Uh, just interjecting my opinion here, that neither of you has much credibility. You are both horribly immature, and come off quite mindless. I haven't always thought this about Animal, but the way you are acting about the Millage trade is....well....weird. Did Lastings kill your dog or something? You keep guaranteeing that he will be a cancer.... How well do you know him, or the inner workings of the Nats or Mets locker rooms? He came out with a rap CD, and had sex when he was a teenager, big whoop. He high fived some fans after a home run. If Nyjer high fived some fans after a homer everyone would have said how "neat and fun" his relationship with the fans is. When you admit that you were confusing Dukes rap sheet with his you should have said "I was wrong about the guy" but instead you keep on this weird crusade against a 24 year old kid. It's just WEIRD!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:09 am 

JimY wrote:
Uh, just interjecting my opinion here, that neither of you has much credibility. You are both horribly immature, and come off quite mindless. I haven't always thought this about Animal, but the way you are acting about the Millage trade is....well....weird. Did Lastings kill your dog or something? You keep guaranteeing that he will be a cancer.... How well do you know him, or the inner workings of the Nats or Mets locker rooms? He came out with a rap CD, and had sex when he was a teenager, big whoop. He high fived some fans after a home run. If Nyjer high fived some fans after a homer everyone would have said how "neat and fun" his relationship with the fans is. When you admit that you were confusing Dukes rap sheet with his you should have said "I was wrong about the guy" but instead you keep on this weird crusade against a 24 year old kid. It's just WEIRD!!!

Milledge still isn't a good guy. If you read into the stuff about when he got kicked out of school for having sex with a 12 year old when he was 16 or 17 you could see that.
The difference between Dukes and Milledge is that
Dukes belongs in State Prison and Milledge belongs in County Jail.
That is the only difference between these 2 i see. They are both trash and thugs.